An August Wedding

Galing kay SkyPhoenix13125

Your parents wanted a son to take over the family business. His parents wanted their son to gain some busines... Higit pa

Author's Note
Ch. 1 - The Ceremony
Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon
Ch. 3 - Family Discussions
Ch. 4 - Good Friends
Ch. 5 - Wedding Gift
Ch. 6 - The New Hires
Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads
Ch. 8 - Hard Work
Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates
Ch. 10 - New Ideas
Ch. 11 - Suspicions
Ch. 12 - First Fight
Ch. 13 - Plans
Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting
Ch. 15 - Family Approval
Ch. 16 - Dinner Party
Ch. 17 - Inspiration
Ch. 18 - Assistance
Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings
Ch. 20 - A Modest Proposal
Ch. 21 - Side Steps
Ch. 22 - Double Date
Ch. 23 - Charity Ball
Ch. 24 - Divides
Ch. 25 - Date Night
Ch. 26 - Visits
Ch. 27 - Making It Work
Ch. 28 - Moving Forward
Ch. 29 - Wake Up Call
Ch. 30 - Family Favors
Ch. 31 - Assessing
Ch. 32 - Reporting
Ch. 33 - Visitors
Ch. 34 - Bonds
Ch. 35 - Next Steps
Ch. 36 - Deals
Ch. 37 - Celebrations
Ch. 38 - Exploring
Ch. 39 - Launch Party
Ch. 40 - Guys' Night
Ch. 42 - Opportunities
Ch. 43 - Turning Point
Ch. 44 - Decisions
Ch. 45 - Showcase
Ch. 46 - Changes
Ch. 47 - Back to Work
Ch. 48 - Another Wedding
Ch. 49 - Different Directions
Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets
Ch. 51 - Rides
Ch. 52 - Guidance
Ch. 53 - Confessions
Ch. 54 - News
Ch. 55 - Bad Timing
Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script
Ch. 57 - King or Boss
Ch. 58 - Deciding Factors
Ch. 59 - Crunch Time
Ch. 60 - Negotiations
Ch. 61 - Offers
Ch. 62 - Prep Work
Ch. 63 - Potential
Ch. 64 - Results
Ch. 65 - Free
Ch. 66 - Epilogue
Extras

Ch. 41 - Girls' Night

101 8 0
Galing kay SkyPhoenix13125

"Ready?" Amy asked as you settled yourself in your car. You nodded, sending a quick text to Sun.

Since Yoongi and the guys were having a fun night, you figured that you could do the same thing. It definitely beat hanging around in that big house all night by yourself. 

Amy was obviously down for the idea, and you'd invited Sun as well. You'd thought about inviting Mina but you figured she'd be busy with work. But you didn't want Sun to feel like a third wheel, so you decided to invite someone else.

Sun had already found a small booth by the time the two of you arrived.

"This is a nice place," she commented. The bar that you'd agreed on was on the smaller side, but there was a large dance floor and tables and booths sectioned off so that you could talk without a lot of interference. "Are we all here?"

"Actually, we're waiting on one more," you said as you spotted a familiar blond head over the crowd. You quickly waved her over.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late," Amber sighed. "I got caught up at dinner. I'm Amber," she said to Amy. 

"Amy, nice to meet you. We didn't mean to spoil your date."

She laughed. "No, no, Eric's just a friend. He's been working long hours, so I offered to treat him."

"I know an Eric like that. And a couple others, too," Amy added with a glance at you. You rolled your eyes. Amber smiled at Sun. 

"And how's my favorite receptionist?"

"Ready to drink. How about you?"

"Same. Let's get this party started!"

You ordered a round of drinks and stayed at the booth for the first hour, just talking and laughing together. Amy and Amber realized that they'd actually been talking about the same Eric (Nam) and were swapping stories about him. You hadn't expected them to get along so well.

"Hey guys! Say cheese," Sun said as she snapped a couple of pictures of the four of you.

You smiled. "Sending those to Joon?"

She nodded, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"He wanted me to text him every so often...make sure I was okay. He's sweet."

Amber almost choked on her drink. "You mean Kim Namjoon? Since when?"

"A couple of weeks." Her eyes widened. "But please don't tell Heechul."

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me," Amber assured her with a wink. "I'm not telling that gossip anything he doesn't need to know. Besides, as long as you're professional about it, he won't even notice. Look at (Y/N) and Yoongi."

You glanced up. "Hm?"

"You don't act like you're married. As far as the office is concerned, you two only really act like co-workers."

"What can I say?" you replied. "We're private people. Plus, the situation was weird enough. We got married and he took over the company practically overnight."

Amber nodded. "You've got a point. But it seems like you're getting the hang of it now. You make a pretty good team together."

You hadn't expected that. From any of your co-workers, but certainly not Amber. You weren't sure what to say.

"Thank you."

After a few more minutes, Amy suggested that you all get up and dance for a bit. You followed her lead and danced together to some song that you'd never heard before with thumping bass. It wasn't long before you saw a small crowd gathering nearby and you went over to check it out.

A guy was currently showing off his dance moves. A situation that reminded you of your recent office party, only he wasn't doing a dance-off. He was just enjoying the music.

When the song ended, he tapped out. And to your slight surprise, Amber tagged in to keep it going.

You cheered her on, vaguely aware of a presence next to you.

"Your friend is pretty good," a new voice commented. You turned to see a young man standing there, the same one who'd been dancing before.

"Thanks. You were too."

He smiled.

"Yugyeom!" Another voice called. "Here's your drink. Oh, hey, who's your friend?"

"I'm (Y/N)," you said.

"Nice to meet you. I'm BamBam."

You laughed. "Is it really?"

"No, but most people can't pronounce my real name. Including me sometimes. Better to make it easy and memorable."

You turned back to Yugyeom. "Have we met somewhere before? You seem familiar."

"Me? I don't think so."

"He gets that a lot. He's got one of those faces," BamBam joked.

You frowned. Something about Yugyeom was familiar, you just couldn't put your finger on it. But you were sure you'd never seen him before....maybe you were just imagining it.

"...celebrating before he leaves me," BamBam's voice brought you back to the conversation.

Yugyeom sighed. "I'll still be working with you part time, man. I just want to see where the opportunity leads me."

Someone settled their arm on your shoulder. "Hey, Sun is buying another round. You in?"

"Sure, be right there." You smiled at the two men in front of you. "Nice to meet you. Good luck with your new job."

And with that, BamBam and Yugyeom blended into the crowd behind you. You joined Amy at the same booth as before, Sun having brought the next set of drinks over before slipping to the bathroom.

"Were they friends of yours?" Amy asked.

You shook your head. "We just met."

"Really?" She glanced over at them again. They'd relocated off the dance floor, mingling with a few people on the other side of the room.

"You can go talk to them, Amy. They're handsome."

She turned back to you. "First of all, they're a bit young for me. Second, I know I've seen one of them before." She suddenly stole another glance. "The smartphone guy!"

"Huh?" 

"The shorter guy with the dark hair. He's the face of a smartphone advertisement that just came out a few months ago. I was researching ads to figure out which phone to buy when I decide to upgrade and I'm sure I saw him."

Leave it to Amy to be that meticulous about making sure she had the best phone. But if BamBam was the smartphone guy, did that mean you'd seen Yugyeom in an ad somewhere?

Maybe Tae would know if they ran in the same circles. You sent a quick text to Yoongi to see if he could ask.

Sun returned from the bathroom and Amber followed soon after with a plate of nachos. "Help yourselves. I needed something to eat, it's been a while since I've done this."

"Really?" you said.

She shrugged. "I might seem like a party animal, but I'm usually too wiped from work to do anything once I clock out. This is a nice change of pace."

"We should do this again," Sun piped up. "It's nice to get out of the office once in a while."

Amy held up her glass. "I'll drink to that."

The four of you tapped your glasses together. 

It was about another hour before you left the bar. Sun and Amber busied themselves trying to hail a cab.

"You two are welcome to stay with me if you want," Amy offered for the third time.

"It's fine, my place isn't that far," Sun assured her.

Amber nodded. "I'm good too. But next time, I might take you up on that."

Sun eventually flagged one down. She climbed in and beckoned to Amber. "Might as well go together, right?" 

"Good idea," Amber said as she followed. "See you later. Drive safe, Amy."

Amy laughed. "I will. Get home safe, okay?"

The ride back to your place was relatively uneventful. Amy made sure to wait for you to go inside before driving off. You texted Yoongi (and Jin) that you were home safe. You got a glass of water and settled yourself on the couch. You didn't want to go upstairs and sleep yet.

You waited to make sure that Amy sent a text saying she got home okay. You might be a little buzzed, but you'd go looking for her if she didn't text soon. 

As soon as she confirmed she was fine, you started feeling sleepy. It had been a long night. A good one, but a very long one. Before you knew it, you were fast asleep.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

49.5K 2.3K 59
Fake Marriage/Fake Dating AU Park Y/N finds herself thrown into a marriage with Jeon Jungkook after agreeing to a marriage contract without thinking...
522K 21.9K 35
Marriage is the biggest commitment a person commits to. Divorce is an option but you will always have the 'divorced' stamp on you from the eyes of th...
3.8K 371 24
A story in which a man named Jeon Jungkook works hard and wants to replace his father and be the Ceo of their company. It's his first priority and mo...
333 16 12
-"Namjoon ah. is she pretty?" His father asked him. -"Appa?" That was all he could say after hearing such a question from his dad. -"You're going to...