Teach Me How To Love

cupcakediamondx által

Behind her smile, Destiny is just a young, gorgeous waitress who wishes for the world. The day she meets youn... Több

Intro
Part 1 ~ Lovely Destiny
Part 2 ~ Flawless
Part 3 ~ Broken Wings
Part 4 ~ Sugar to the Rescue
Part 5 ~ To the Moon and Back
Part 6 ~ Falling Deeper
Part 8 ~ Perfect in Every Way
Part 9 ~ A Little More Each Day
Part 10 ~ The Boy is MiNE!
Part 11 ~ I Don't Wanna Share You
Part 12 ~ No Matter What it Takes
Part 13 ~ Tears Don't Lie
Part 14 ~ Crying on Michael's Shoulder
Part 15 ~ Dinner Surprise
Part 16 ~ Jealousy is a B!tch
Part 17 ~ Dangerously in Love
Part 18 ~ The Spark is Gone?
Part 19 ~ Love Notes in His Briefcase
Part 20 ~ Sugared Curls
Part 21 ~ Secret Phone Conversation?
Part 22 ~ Michael's 'Little' Secret
Part 23 ~ Numb
Part 24 ~ Do You Promise?
Part 25 ~ Sex
Part 26 ~ Ocean Breeze
Part 27 ~ Michael's Little Girl
Part 28 ~ Unconditionally
Part 29 ~ Love & Lies
Part 30 ~ In The Heat Of The Moment
Part 31 ~ Michael's Mom
Part 32 ~ The Other Part Of HiM
Part 33 ~ Cupid's Arrow
Part 34 ~ Brotherly Love
Part 35 ~ Michael's Old Flame
Part 36 ~ Nobody Knows My Heart Like You
A/N
Part 37 ~ Thousand Questions
Part 38 ~ Uninvited
Part 39 ~ Show Me How Much U Love Me
Part 40 ~ Michael's #1 Priority
Part 41 ~ Complicated
Part 42 ~ Way Too Soon?
Part 43 ~ A Not So Happy Family
Part 44 ~ God's Plan
Part 45 ~ A Proposal? Marriage?!
Part 46 ~ Sent From Above
Part 47 ~ The Perfect Evening?
Part 48 ~ What Happens In NYC, Stays in NYC
Part 49 ~ Going Too Far
Part 50 ~ No Tears Left To Cry
Part 51 ~ Where Did We Go Wrong?
Part 52 ~ You've Always Been My Baby
Part 53 ~ PS. I HATE YOU
Part 54 ~ Daddy's Mine!
Part 55 ~ Mind Games
Part 56 ~ Flight To Nowhere
Part 57 ~ Hope Dies Last
Part 58 ~ Written In The Stars
Part 59 ~ A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read
Part 60 ~ FINAL PART
Sequel coming! :)

Part 7 ~ Save Yourself the Heartbreak

3K 182 118
cupcakediamondx által

A FEW DAYS LATER . . . .
________________

~ Michael's point of view ~

I haven't been here in the restaurant in a while . . . maybe that's the reason why Destiny is ignoring me. . . but maybe that's just me. Is it because I haven't been here in a while? . . I sent her text messages but she never replied. The last one I sent was two days ago and I never got a reply back from her . . . did I say something wrong? . . . what did I do? . . I'm sitting here waiting for Destiny to take my order but she doesn't even look at me. If I did something wrong, I would like to know what.

I raise my hand. "Destiny? . . . can I please have a-"

and she's gone again . . . walked right back to the kitchen without even looking at me one. She heard me . . I know she did. I called her name! she was standing right in front of me! . . I let out a sigh . . maybe she lost interest . . . . or maybe she met someone ? . . I have no idea . . but I would like to know what's going on. I wanna know why she's ignoring me like that. She always used to rush to me with a big smile on her face whenever I would walk in . . no matter what she was doing or who she was talking to . . but now it's like I'm totally invisible to her . . .

I've been sitting here for like 15 minutes, waiting for her to come take my order. Is no one else working tonight? is she the only one here? . . probably . . hmmm . . . I look at my watch and decide to call it a night. What's the point of me sitting here waiting for nothing? I get up . . I put my jacket on and leave the restaurant. The cold night wind blows my hair away from my face . . . it's freezing out here. I better get in the car and drive back home. I gotta say, I'm really disappointed . . whatever I did, why can't she just talk to me about it instead of ignoring my text message and pretending that I'm invisible?

I have no clue what I could've done to her . . . no freakin' clue whatsoever. I turn on the heat in the car and lean back. To be completely honest, I don't wanna drive home right now . . something is holding me back but I don't know what. We're not even dating . . not even close. . . why does this bother me so much? . . why can't I just drive away and take the rejection like a man?

I turn off the car and get back out . . . I can't . . . I can't drive home. I wanna know what's going on. I have a right to know why she's treating me like that. I did nothing wrong . . . not that I know.

I walk back into the restaurant, looking left and right, hoping to see her walk by. I sit back at my table and take off my jacket. I'm not leaving here . . not until she comes up to my table. I don't care if I have to get my own order, I wanna know what's going on. I look to my right. . there she is, walking out of the kitchen. I'm looking straight at her . . waiting for her to look back at me . . . and she does. She's looking at me right now. . . . I get up and walk over to her. "Hey Destiny . . how are you?"

She forces a smile in my direction and keeps on walking, leaving me standing here with no answer. What's the deal here?! . . seriously . . this girl used to stare at me like crazy . . giggle all shyly . . blush and all that lovey dovey stuff and now I get nothing. . nothing. . . not even a genuine smile.

I inhale and exhale deep and force myself to walk up to her again. She looks at me with that weird look on her face, making me feel uncomfortable. How about a smile? . . where did her cute smile go?

"Destiny . . . why are you ignoring me?" I ask . . quietly . . but loud enough for her to hear. All she does is look at me . . and again, no answer.

Fine . . . I tried . . . there's no use. If she doesn't wanna talk to me, who am I to force her? I grab my jacket and leave the restaurant again . . but this time feeling a little angry. If she's not into me anymore she can just say it! . . . it's not the end of the world. I'd be a little crushed, yes, but at least I'd have my answer. I walk up to my car and just as I'm about to unlock it, there's Destiny . . . she's standing by the doorstep looking at me . . . .

"Michael wait . . ."

She walks up to me . . . I put on my jacket and give her a smile . . hoping to get one back from her but no. All I get is an uncomfortable expression on her face and no real eye contact. Thank you.

"Michael . . . I didn't mean to ignore you in there . . I just . ."

"You what? . . ."

". . . . I have my reasons"

"What reasons?"

"Michael I . . I don't think we should talk to each other anymore . . that's all"

"That's all? . . . and why? . . . why are you saying that?"

"I'm sorry Michael, have to go back inside. . ."

"No . . wait . . . please answer my question"

"I can't . . . I really need to get back in there"

"Destiny . . . I really started to like you . . and I could tell that you liked me too . . what happened that you feel this way now? . . did I do something wrong? . . did I say something that hurt you? . . you can tell me. . you can be honest with me . . ."

"Michael . . . you're not the guy I thought you were when I first met you . ."

"Huh? . . . what are you saying?"

"I don't like living with a broken heart . . . so I better walk away now before it's too late"

"Huh? . . . Destiny, I'm clueless here . . really . . please explain to me what you're talking about. I swear, I have no idea what I did . . ."

"Michael . . you look like the kind of guy who I could fall in love with head over heels . . but I don't want that. I don't want to develop feelings for you . . . that's why I think it's best that we stop talking . . ."

"But why? . . I don't understand why! . . we had great conversations, I don't understand where all this is coming from so suddenly . . . is it because I haven't been in the restaurant for a while? . . are you angry at me that I've been busy the last few days? . . it's not because of you . . . I have a very busy job . . . but that's no excuse-"

Destiny interrups me in the middle of my sentece . . .

"Michael . . no . . . that's not my problem . . ."

"Then what is it? . . . would you mind telling me?"

"I can't . . . . I need to get back to the restaurant. . . have a save drive home, Michael"

"Destiny, wait!. . . is that it? . . we're not going to talk anymore?"

"No . . ."

"You're lying . . ."

"No, I'm not . . ."

"Yes you are . . . I can see it . . . I may not know you well enough but I can read people's eyes . . . and I can read in your eyes right now that you're not being completely honest with me . . . if you don't wanna talk to me anymore, that's fine . . . I'll accept it . . . but I would like to know why . . . that's all you need to tell me, Destiny . . ."

She turns around and walks away . . but then she stops and looks back at me . . . then she says something that leaves me even more confused.

"When I fall in love with a guy, I wanna have him to myself . . . call me selfish, but I don't like to share" With that said, she walks away, leaving me standing here with a huge question mark floating above my head. She doesn't like to share? . . why would she say that? . . I don't get it.
___________________

~ Destiny's point of view ~

I can still see that woman's angry expression . . telling me the words I can still hear loud and clearly. I should leave Michael alone, she said . . . he's hers, she said. . . . even though I'm not in love with Michael. . the woman's words still hurt me. I was getting into that whole getting to know each other feeling . . I was experiencing the first butterflies flying around my belly whenever I saw him walk in . . . . and this woman crushed this beautiful pink cloud I was on into a pile of dust. Her words totally scared me away . . . . I didn't know Michael was still invovled with someone else . . . . he told me a lot about him but I guess that little detail about him he chose to leave out . .

I just got home after a long day of work. My mind has been too busy all day thinking about that woman and her words. It's like I can't get it out of my mind. . almost feels like I'm already in love with him . . . but I know I'm not . . I can't be . . . we haven't even kissed or hugged yet . . . I couldn't possibly be in love with Michael. . . and I don't wanna be . . . . I now know he's the type of guy that no woman ever will have to herself. A good looking honey . . . the face of a model and the voice of an angel . . . he's got the looks . . and I bet he's got the girls . . . . I wouldn't wanna share him with anyone else . . . that's why I better remove myself before I fall for him completely. .

I get in the bathtub and continue reading the book I was reading yesterday evening. A text message from Michael interrups my relaxing moment, making me feel all heavy-hearted and nervous again . . . . I can't erase him out of my mind when he keeps messaging me . . . . !!
________________

(Michael's text message)
"Hi . . this is Michael . . in case you already deleted my number. I just wanted to tell you that it was a pleasure meeting you . . we had a great time talking and getting to know each other . . I really hope that the guy you end up with will appreaciate the cute smile on your face. . Good night"
________________

*melts*

*squeals*

*throws phone out of the window*

~ to be continued ~

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

5K 162 10
[18+ Explicit] - Completed - Short Story Synopsis: Simone Williams, a newly hired pre-school teacher, moved in to her new apartment in the busy stree...
234 9 24
Hazel is a high school student, struggling through her monotonous life. Her life is filled with joy, cheerfulness and fame,her being the beauty Queen...
6.9K 159 15
Some fluffy, angsty, and smutty MJ imagines and one shots for you guys!! Feel free to leave requests/ideas for new stories in this series. Enjoy ;) ...
97.6K 2.4K 50
All Alissa wanted to do in her last year of school was get her head down, work hard and not be distracted. But with the arrival of a hot new science...