Before I Go - Fred Weasley x...

By LaineWeasley

Since the first year y/n Avery has been a friend group with the other Gryffindors in her year. Sharing a dorm... More

1. The Summer Before Fifth Year
2. Reunited
3. Seriously
4. Official
5. Oh no
6. Halloween
7. Marauder's Map
8. November Snow
9. Hogsmead Date
10. Slimey Slytherins
11. Sweet Sixteen
12. The birthday Ball
13. Ballgowns and Ballrooms
14. The Christmas Eve Ball
15. Christmas With the Weasleys
16. So what?
17. Bloody Hell
18. The Argument
19. Forgive and Forget
20. Gryfindor versus Ravenclaw
21. The Gryffindor Break-In
22. Birthday Boys
23. The Quidditch Final
24. OWLs
25. Starting the Summer
26. Back to the Burrow
27. Results
28. Nine Weasleys and an Avery
29. Summer loving
30. The Tickets
31. Sunset Date
32. Harry's Arrival
33. The Portkey
34. The Qudditch World Cup - part 1
35. The Quidditch World Cup - Part 2
36. Run
37. Nightmares and Daydreams
38. Back to Hogwarts
39. The Triwizard Tournament
40. The Three Unforgivable Curses
41. The Makeover
42. Nightmares Come True
43. The Goblet of Fire
44. Amortentia
45. The First Task
46. The After Party
47. Seventeen
48. The Yule Ball
49. The Second Task
50. Spring
51. The Last Task
53. Order of the Phoenix - Part One
54. Order of the Phoenix - Part Two
55. Harry's Hearing
56. The Last Year
57. The Detention
58. High Inquisitor
59. Head in the Fire
60. Dumbledore's Army
61. Ministry Attack
62. Our First Christmas as a Family
63. New Term
64. The Demise of the DA
65. The Weasley Twins Exit
66. The Department of Mysteries
67. Goodbye
68. New beginings
69. 93 Diagon Alley
70. The Engagment and The Baby shower
71.The Quidditch Team Catch Up
72. Three Years
73. The Weasley's Arrival
74. Hello, Old Friend
75. December
76. The Twins First Christmas
77. The Weasley Twin's Magic
78. Happy Birthday, My Love
79. The Weasley Black Wedding
80. The Honeymoon
81. May Madness
82. The Death of a Professor
83. The Battle of the Seven Harry's
84. The Wedding of Bill and Fleur
85. Hiding
86. The Ministry break-in
87. The Weasley Twins first birthday
88. Christmas
89. Nineteen Ninety-Eight
90. A Week Filled With Nightmares
91. One year of marriage
92. The Final battle
93. The Second of May ninteen-ninty eight
94. Too Many Goodbyes
95. Life after the War
96. Happily Ever-After
97. Epilogue
A/n: thank you
NEW BOOK

52. Summer Sorrow

2.6K 49 60
By LaineWeasley

We arrive in a dark, dusty room which somewhat felt familiar.

"What is this place?" Ron asks, as the Weasley family plus me and Hermione stood in a dark hallway.

"I'm not sure, but it's feels familiar, like I've been here before." I say and they all turn towards me with the exception of Molly and Arthur.

"This is where we are staying this summer." Arthur tells us.

"What?" We all shout in unison, then someone starts shouting, well a painting.

"What's going on..." I hear someone say and I turn around to see my dad.

"Y/n..." he starts saying.

"Dad..." I say running over to him, and we pull each other into a tight hug. This is the happiest I have felt in weeks, I finally get to see my dad again. I hold on to him so tightly, like I've never held onto someone before.

"Right we will show you to your rooms," Molly says to the kids, as she explained on the way they already sorted clothes out for us and things we may want or need. They all start walking up the stairs with Fred and George going last and Fred avoids my dads gaze as we watch them go up the stairs.

"You look so much like your mother." He says, pulling away reluctantly from the hug.

"Everyone has said that." I say, crying with happiness.

"I never thought I would see you again," he starts telling me as we walk into the kitchen, sitting down at the table, that sat in the middle. "I wanted to see you after the events of what happened at the Tournament and how upset you were but, Fred told me you feel asleep crying and he didn't want to wake you."

"Yeah... it was bad week for me after that..." I say. "This place feels familiar like, I've been here before..." I say changing the topic of conversation.

"We came here twice, once when you was a baby, then again when you was a toddler. This is my mother's house, even though she kicked me out, she still wanted to meet you considering you are a pure blood child." He starts telling me.

"She sounds like Katherine." I say with slight anger in my tone.

"Oh, that bitch? Yeah, I never liked her she was always horrible to your mother..." he says before I interrupt.

"Although, I did beat her up in front of most people on platform nine and three quarters. Fred tried to hold me back but it didn't work." I say smiling, with him matching my smile.

"She finally got what she deserved then. I forgot you had a boyfriend, although I may need to find my bat and give him a little scare." He says with a smirk, oh no did Molly tell him?

"Dad there's no need honestly, Molly walked in and well she gave us both a lecture..." his face turns from a smirk to sight anger, he looked like he was about to kill Fred and get himself sent back to Askaban.

"I'm sorry what..." he starts saying.

"Nothing." I quickly say as he start rummaging through the cupboards. "I thought Molly already told you about that..."

"There it is!" He exclaims, holding a bat in his hand before running into the hall.

"Dad wait!" I start shouting after him.

"No! Where is he?" He shouts walking up the stairs.

"Who?" Molly demands as I stand behind him.

"Fred!" He says back.

"Why have you got a bat?" Molly asks.

"Well I found out that him and y/n... you know... well..." he starts saying and I say Fred walk out of the room with his eyes wide and I run in front of him before my dad gets there.

"Dad I'm seventeen not a child, calm down." I say as Fred instinctively places his hands on my waist, everyone had now walked out of their rooms with George laughing.

"Bye Fred, it was nice knowing you." George jokes.

"But you are my little girl." My dad says lowering the bat.

"Who knows how to handle herself, plus I don't think Fred would ever want to hurt me." I tell him as everyone stands there.

"Come on Sirius, let's go down stairs." Arthur says, and my dad complies.

"Sorry about that..." I say turning to Fred as all the kids started laughing.

"I wasn't expecting that, I actually thought he might kill me." Fred tells me and I start laughing at him.

"I wouldn't put it past him and it would of been funny." Ginny says laughing.

"So where am I staying?" I ask.

"Well there's only two beds in here," Ginny says.

"We have three in ours." Fred says.

"So I'm sharing with you two then?" I ask when Molly interrupts.

"No you have a room, we aren't letting you two share." She says and I give her a baffled look.

"George is in the room, I'm not exactly going to jump into Fred's bed with him there." I say, trying to remain serious and Molly rolls her eyes at my comment.

"You will see why later, your room is next to the twins on the third floor," Molly says, "your clothes and belongings are already there."

"Let's show you your room then." Fred says as we start to walk up two flights of stairs and Fred points out a room, "so that mine and George's room, so this must be your room." We open the door to reveal a room with two small double beds, a desk, wardrobe, chest of drawers and two bedside tables in there.

"How do you get the bigger room?" George asks, "you are in here by yourself."

"The room is slightly bigger and she only has two beds in here I wonder who the extra one is for anyway." Fred says.

"Us dummies." I hear Melody say from behind us.

"Wait what are you two doing here?" I say as I turn around to see Melody and Jack standing there.

"Parents have decided to join this thing and said we are staying here for the summer, this is going to be fun." Jack says, "also heard Fred almost got killed by Sirius."

"Very nearly." I say, well I guess I still have my roommate then." Dragging Melody into the room.

"This place is a little gothic isn't it?" Melody asks.

"Yeah, just a little." I reply, "I suppose we should in pack and get settled in." I suggest and the boys disappear to their room.

"So who's house is this?" Melody asks.

"My grandmothers" I say as we unpack our bags. "So we are going to have to try and get information out of them aren't we?"

"Oh yeah, you should try your dad he may accidentally spill some stuff to you." Melody says as there is a knock on the door.

"Come in." I shout.

"I was wondering if I could burrow you for a little while." My dad says.

"Of course, Melody will you be okay sorting things out?" I ask her.

"Of course, go and spend time with your dad." She tells me and we walk out of the room.

"I'm sorry about my behaviour earlier, I will always see you as a toddler who was running around, as that is one of the last things I can remember about you." He says, you can see the sorrow glistening in his eyes.

"It's fine, it's understandable, it was a little funny, so where are we off to?" I ask as we walk down the flight of stairs.

"The study, its the only place we can talk without everyone considering everyone is here." He says.

"What's going on?" I question.

"I can't tell you yet, he says, "I want to tell you but I know you will tell the others and their parents don't want them to know."

"I know, I want to help anyway I can and I won't tell the others, I'll even make an unbreakable bond to prove it." I say as we sit the dusty study.

"You don't need to do that for my it's convincing the others." He says.

"But I'm your daughter, I should be aloud to, it's up to you and myself, no one else." I say agitatedly.

"I agree with but others don't think it's safe, they still see you all as children." My father replies.

"You do too, well you still see me as a toddler." I start saying, "anyway you need to meet my friends properly, they are amazing and so is Fred."

"Yeah well I suppose Molly is cooking dinner we should head down to the kitchen." My dad tells me and we make our way down to the kitchen, to be greeted by Molly, Arthur and what I was guessing was Melody's and Jacks parents.

"Molly do you need help with anything?" I ask her as I can see she is making starting to make dinner.

"Yeah, can you start peeling and chopping those vegetables please." She asks.

"Of course, I can." I say moving over to help her, as the other adults engage in conversation, with the other kids finally coming down and I meet Fred eyes and give him a soft smile and he makes his way over to me.

"You seem happier." He says.

"I feel it." I reply as I continue chopping the vegetables.

"Need any help?" He says gesturing to the pile of vegetables that needed prepping.

"Sure, you can peel and I will chop, no magic though." I say and he groans.

"I wish I didn't offer help now." He says.

We help chop the vegetables then moving to the large table that had twelve other people sitting around it all having different conversations.

"I still don't think it is safe for them to know though Sirius," a women who looks like Melody says to my dad.

"Beth, they are of age now," he replies back.

"What are they arguing about?" Jack asks me and I now stop listening instead focusing on the conversation with my friends.

"I'm not too sure, wasn't really paying attention." I lie.

We all eat dinner then head to bed and Melody and I sat up talking for a while.

"Can't believe we aren't even allowed to write to them all, and with everything happening I wish we could." Melody says.

"So do I, I suppose there is enough of us to keep us entertained." I say.

"That's true, although I reckon all of our parents are going to be on our backs about things." She says.

"Well I have a plan..." I start saying.

"Your plans are not great, most of the time." She starts saying.

"Here me out okay, so one night a week each we could sleep in the other room and because we can apparate back into our designated rooms in the morning." I say.

"It actually sounds like a good idea, so one night you stay in here with Fred, then another night I can stay in here with Jack." Melody says.

"Yeah, we can talk to them about it tomorrow, they will probably agree, let's be realistic." I say.

We carry on talking for a while before settling down in our separate beds.

A few weeks went by and many things have happened since. Firstly, Percy has now stopped talking to us all, for being 'traitors'. Secondly, we still haven't been told anything about this order that a lot of people are in. Dad and I were getting on extremely well and he had warmed up to Fred, whilst Fred and George worked on their joke shop products, although it was a little boring here although I loved the extendable ears for the gossip it was the only thing getting me through it.

Tonight Fred was coming to stay in my room so we could have some time together, it felt like we rarely got time to spend time together just the two of us at the moment.

We were sitting down in the kitchen along with various order members and I was talking to Tonks, who I haven't seen since the end of my second year.

"You two are cute together, always said to Charlie you and Fred would end up together," she says.

"You did tease us about it." I say laughing lightly.

"Yeah and you both used to go this bright red colour." She says.

"Don't remind me, you and Charlie loved to embarrass us." I say with a smile.

"It used to make everyone laugh though," Melody said, bringing herself into the conversation.

"It's funny though, because no one ever teased you and Jack." I say back.

"That's because I didn't flirt with my best friend all the time." Melody says and I roll my eyes.

"What are you three talking about," Anna, Jacks mum asks the three of us.

"Before y/n and Fred finally got together, the flirting was insane and would drive us all crazy." Melody tells her.

"Yeah, I don't think it helped that those horrid people I lived with hated me even being friends with him let alone be his girlfriend." I say.

"Yeah, Jack told me you kicked her arse, I only wish I could of seen it." Anna says, with a smile on her face and a glass of Firewhisky in her hand.

"It was epic and now after I found everything out that made it all ten times better." I say taking the flask, sneakily from Melody and take a sip and Anna laughs light heartily, I knew she wouldn't care.

"Yeah, Katherine is a bitch, very selfish." My dad interrupts and I quickly hide the task, "pure blood mania is the way to put it."

"Right kids off to bed," Molly says.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Yes, bed now." She says, and we all get up and I wish them all goodnight wish my dad placing a kiss on my forehead.

Melody and I go into our room quickly grabbing her night things and apparating into the room next door, seconds later Fred apparated into the room with his night things as I started to get changed.

"No need for them, they'll be off soon." He says winking at me and I roll my eyes slightly.

"What we need to make the most of it while we can," he says and I look up into his brown eyes.

"I suppose we should, let me place a silencing charm first though." I grab my wand and mutter "Silencio."

"That should do it, now come here." He says pulling, my face up for a kiss.

We continue kissing for a few minutes when he slams me on the bed. Trailing kisses down my neck, letting his hands wonder all over my body leaving marks along my neck down my chest.

Let's just say it was a very enjoyable night for us both and we both barely got any sleep which was noticeable the next day along with the marks down my neck which I forgot about. I walk down the stairs to go and have breakfast and I sit at the table.

"Good morning," I say to Molly, my dad and Remus who were all in the kitchen area and Molly was cooking.

"Morning darling," my dad says turning to me as I lean down and give him a quick hug before moving away to sit at the table with him and Remus staring at me.

"Y/n what's that on your neck?" My father asks looking like his head was about to explode.

"Er... I tripped down the stairs last night." I say quickly.

"No... no, y/n I was your age once and I recognised a hickey when I see one or I. Your case... I don't even want to count." He says and Molly then interrupts.

"What!" She shouts.

"Right, I'll see you al later." I say them apparating into the boys room.

"What wrong?" George asks then looks at my neck.

"Fred where you hungry last night or something?" He asks laughing.

"Not the time we are both about to be killed by your mum and my dad." I say with a slightly pained look on my face.

"Oh, Godric." Fred says with a terrified look that matched mine.

"It's your fault!" I say, "you did this!"

Then we heard foot steps up the stairs.

"It was nice knowing you both" Melody says laughing.

Then the door opens, to be greeted by my dad who had a disappointed look on his face.

"You two down stairs now!" He says looking at me and Fred and we oblige.

We have been sitting in the kitchen being lectured by them both for a good ten minutes now.

"Do we seriously look like we would like to be grandparents yet?" Molly asks staring right at us both.

"No but Mum we never said y/n was going to have a baby now did we?" Fred replies back trying to lighten the mood.

"I should hope not," my dad replies, "all we are saying is that you need to be safe, first of all you aren't ready secondly, we are starting to enter a war and Molly and myself know what it is like having a child or children in the middle of a war."

"We are sensible and mature, we both don't want babies now anyway not for a good couple of years so you have nothing to worry about." I tell our parents and they start laughing.

"You lot are anything but mature, you are like me and my friends when we were your age." My father says and Molly agrees with him.

"Can we go now?" I ask.

"Yes, off you go." My dad says and we leave the room apparating upstairs into his room to see the others.

"Their alive!" Melody exclaims as we sit on Fred's bed.

"Yeah after another lecture." Fred tells them.

"It was your fault, if you didn't do this we would be fine." I say to him.

"You weren't complaining at the time," Fred tells me, recalling last nights memories, "you rather enjoyed it-"

"Not everyone wants to here about the stuff you two do." George says, "I still can't believe I have to spend my whole summer with two couples."

"Not our fault." Jack says as Melody lays in his arms.

"Kind of is." George replies back.

"You get so jealous George." Melody replies.

"Do not." George snaps back m.

"Do too, anyway what can we do I'm bored." Melody says sighing.

"I don't know but so am I." I reply.

"We have joke shop stuff to practice on." Fred replies, "you can stay but I know you all find it a little boring."

"I'll go and see what the others are up to, Melody you coming?" I ask her knowing Jack was going to stay with the twins.

"Yeah sure."

We spend the day bothering the other kids as that is as fun as it gets around here now days, we all then have dinner then head to bed.

- - - -

A/n: this chapter is so short, I'm sorry, I've not been feeling well and I've had school work to do and I've been helping my mum out as much as I can anyway enough of my life story hope you all enjoyed even if it is a short chapter :)

Also thank you for four k reads. Also I'm thinking of starting a new book soon, another Fredxreader with a different dynamic, what do you all think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

884K 24.2K 42
Ruth is the youngest of the Ash triplets. Born only three minutes after her sisters, Ruth has always been the odd one out. She's been invisible all...
405K 12K 64
Daisy Willow Black has had somewhat of a normal life. By all means, growing up with Remus Lupin and the Weasley family. Plus she finally has her fath...
47.9K 1.3K 58
"You know that boy likes you a lot." Milena felt her cheeks warm up. She couldn't put her hands over her face because of everything she was carrying...
2.5K 233 24
Gwen has known the Weasley twins for years, more than that, she's been best friends with them, practically part of the family, but as their fifth yea...