Compromised

By medicallymessedup

ใ€Šใ€Š Featured in "๐€๐œ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ" reading list by @๐—ช๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—–๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—Ÿ๐—ถ๐˜๐—œ๐—ก ใ€‹ใ€‹ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ ๐Ÿ…„๏ฟฝ... More

Prelims {Edited}
Prologue {Edited}
Covers
My Covers
Their Story
Playlist
Chapter-1 {Edited}
Chapter-2 {Edited}
Chapter-3 {Edited}
Chapter-4 {Edited}
Chapter-5 {Edited}
Chapter-6 {Edited}
Chapter-7 {Edited}
Chapter-8 {Edited}
Chapter-9 {Edited}
Chapter-10 {Edited}
Chapter-11 {Edited}
Chapter-13 {Edited}
Chapter-14 {Edited}
Chapter-15 {Edited}
Chapter-16 {Edited}
Chapter-17 {Edited}
Chapter-18 {Edited}
Chapter-19 {Edited}
*SPOILER*
Chapter-20 {Edited}
Chapter-21 {Edited}
Chapter-22 {Edited}
Chapter-23 {Edited}
*SPOILER*
Chapter-24 {Edited}
Chapter-25 {Edited}
Chapter-26 {Edited}
Chapter-27 {Edited}
Book Review
Chapter-28 {Edited}
Chapter-29 {Edited}
*SPOILER*
Chapter-30 {Edited}
Chapter-31 {Edited}
FROM HEART, WITH LOVE
Achievement ๐ŸŽ‰
Chapter-32 {Edited}
Chapter-33 {Edited}
Chapter-34 {Edited}
A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION
Chapter-35 {Edited}
READ IT!!!
Chapter-36 {Edited}
Chapter-37 {Edited}
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Achievement ๐ŸŽ‰
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
announcement
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48

Chapter-12 {Edited}

1.6K 104 32
By medicallymessedup

💙

|She will know him slowly, learn him quickly and define love faster|

by medicallymessedup

•present•

I looked back at Aryan and then in the direction of the unpleasant sound. I spotted the wild beast glowering at a distance from us. That wasn't it as the hunger for our flesh flickered in its gray predatory eyes. My eyeballs were ready to drop out of the sockets in pure horror.

This can't be happening!

I wasn't here to spend a night with a snow leopard. Heck! I did not want to be here in the first place.

Why had I tried to visit something as adventurous as Manali? Why was I dumb enough to give into Sammy's foolish decision to abide to witness this disaster? Why had I not paid any heed to Bhai who over the years warned me that Samiksha Khanna was a supplementary package of inevisable crisis? Why had I not taped Bhavesh's mouth when he subscribed along Sammy? Why can't I resist an urge to slap Geetika on her face for keeping up with this death worthy challenge?

Most importantly why I am supposed to lose my life alongside Aryan Mallik and in the large fatal claws of a Himalayan Leopard in the middle of nowhere. The least that I deserved was a well-planned death.

Why me, Lord?

A barely audible voice of Aryan brought me out of the self-repentance, "Let's run." He probed pulling me along with him. His hand ceased my unnecessary movements and he secured my shivering form behind his body. He took discrete steps backwards but all that we could just find behind us were colossal deodar trees. And if I was even a little good in mathematics, then my calculations confirmed that we won't be able to run faster than the prey waiting.

The unruly bushes nearly hundred square feet apart covered a little distance between us and the animal who had started nearing us.

I actually felt my end was near and what about Aryan. I wonder if his athletic build could be of our use but I had forgotten that his survival was brain-dead.

"You run in the other direction as fast as you can. I'll distract him to myself because only one of us can go out from here." He said, budging at my shoulders and forcefully compelling me to run away to save my life by compromising with his.

Even in this distressing situation I had sensed a small tug at the strings of my heart when I exhibited his petrified yet concerned expressions. His little act of affection drenched my angst and annihilated the crooked insecurities. Someone who didn't even know me was ready to jeopardize his safety for me? Nobody that I know has ever done that for me. Then how can I be selfish to run away alone by risking his life?

I don't think so..

"What are you waiting for? Go!!" He pestered, pushing me away. "Run away from here, Ruchi!!"

"I can't-" I whimpered out with difficulty dissenting his words. "I won't leave you alone, Aryan." I stated my eyes focused on him with a rainbow of emotions I've never felt until now. Also, a valuable advice from Grandpa clicked my blank mind.

"This is not the bloody moment to argue, Ruchi!" Aryan grunted vividly aggravated by my defiance to his command. I've never been a rebellion but he naturally brought a different version out of me. "I need to stay here to protect you so you can't have a say right in this. Fight me all you want sometime later but I want you to leave from here. Now!"

"I won't!" I persisted.

"Will you fuckin' hear me out for once?" He beseeched. "Why are you still here-"

"Shut up!" I conceded in anger. "I know how to deal with this animal but it's impossible for me to make you understand. You're so fuckin' intolerable, Mr. Mallik!!" I swore.

"I can say the same for you!" He reciprocated.

I gritted my teeth almost fuelling up my intention to throw him as a parcel to the leopard but then I remembered I was a big-hearted girl who can't leave Aryan Mallik's annoying existence behind the time.

"Do you have a lighter?" I interrogated at a rate of knots, "Or maybe a matchbox?" He slapped his hand over his eyes instead of responding to my query, "Tell me, fast!!"

"Do you take me as a chain smoker?" He shot back at me with betrayal written all over his face. He pinched the bridge of his nose along with the tip of his ears reddening when he asserted. "I have never smoked even once in my lifetime, Ruchi!!" He accused, "You can't blame me for something like that!! I am offended by your prejudice."

Was he the last in the queue when God was distributing brains? And he was served with the leftovers? Where did smoking come up from? What blame and prejudice? Is he broke or something? I was about to retort him for his foolishness but right now the grave situation we both were in seemed more important.

"Give me your damn phone, stupid!!" I snatched away the electronic device from his hand in order to hunch forward with the little knowledge I bore. The only thing that I could come up with rather than just becoming the food of the animal without putting up a fight.

"What are you-"

"I am taking your phone with or without your consent, Aryan. As we don't have plenty of time to waste." I deemed even when he still yelled at me to leave.

Go on! Go on! Maybe your ugly voice will make the leopard go away.

"He is damn hungry and would gobble us down the throat like we two never existed. Why do you plan on making a death plan for yourself?" He almost wailed. "Go away!!"

Once I got hold of his phone, turning on the flashlight, I aimed it straight into the animal's eye. Aryan clutched my shoulders to prevent me but I stubbornly stood ahead of him.

I should have offered him leaving the world first but..I took our responsibility out of courtesy, of course. Aryan Mallik was way too precious to me and also because..

Why would I ramble too much? I do not owe anyone an explanation for my deed.

"What are you doing? Stop playing else it will-"

"Shh!! Just wait and watch." I told him with our lives on the verge of ending but the survival instincts blessed me at the right moment. Aryan and I had a long way ahead.

The leopard glared back at the light but very soon the animal backed away and in no time it was lost somewhere in the dark with its footsteps fading in the air. I released my breaths which I was holding for God knows how long. Someone should praise me at least, I had made the dangerous thing run away..Pheww!!

My body turned rock cold when I felt a pair of human hands locked in front of my stomach whose point of origin was behind my back. The appalling realization dawned upon me, my back was touching Aryan's chest and his head was buried in the crook of my neck. His heavy breathing thumping against my body, ignorantly tickling my frosted epidermis and turning my legs into jelly beans. When did this happen?

Somehow coping up with my untidy emotions and gaining my lost voice back, I lightly tapped on his face.

"It's gone." I murmured, my notes came out breathy and I was still in an unbelievable state of shock. "Aryan! It's gone." I said a little louder. After a while, I felt his head moving back along his arms, losing around me.

My eyes met his doubtful face due to the uncomfortable angle we both were engaged into. He was exhausted and comatosed by such a close encounter with hell.

"It's-"

"Gone. The leopard..it's gone. It's fine now. We are safe."

My lips quivered as his eyes were strongly bored into mine. After the cynicism in his head faded, his eyes followed their own unsaid route to my lips making me feel mushy. Something prominent flicked in his eyes which I had forgotten to name as my own heart hammered against the ribcage ready to break the restrictions imposed on it.

Then I don't recall when both of us pulled away subsequently realizing what was going on in our mind.

Dirty! Pervert Mind!

The awkward silence engulfed us once again because we stayed rooted in our places. I hesitantly cleared my throat passing the phone to him.

"There is still no network connection here. Let's walk and try to find a way out of this wildlife safari." He exacted and advanced his hand for me so that we could resume our voyeur.

I wasn't a kid who needed a guardian but I had nothing to protest either. So, I clumsily took his stretched palm and soon he pulled me up from the swampy ground occupied by the season's snowfall.

We were strutting in silence and desperately trying to locate our way out of this gigantic forest but it was just getting messier with each passing second. My legs were unbearably sore cunningly giving up their voluntary cooperation because we were parading for constant hours by now and it must have been past midnight but we were still walking aimlessly.

"Is there any network now?" I asked tiredly.

"Nope!" He said, popping the 'p' in it.

My legs wobbled up in the next step accompanied by a shriek that involuntarily left my mouth when a sharp thorny branch among the unseen bushes had pierced my feet even through the protective cage of my sport shoes.

Tears instantly welled up in my eyes due to the sudden accident and a muffled cry of agony escaped my dry throat. I had almost thrown myself on the ground but somehow Aryan's anchored hold on me hampered my pending fall.

"Aye! What happened?"

"My feet...It's paining a lot...Ahh..Aryan!!" I yelped.

"Show me!" He implored, holding my wounded feet making me flinch and mewl out badly. It was quite painful.

Aryan carefully removed my shoe and the fresh blood pooled out from the open injury which appeared to be deep and the needle-like wood endings of the branch had sliced into my skin. He managed to pull out the thorny branch stuck in the cuticle but still the profuse bleeding didn't stop from crying out loud. He urgently fished out a white handkerchief from his pants pocket and cautiously paneled it on and around the gash but still the rich-red color oozed out without a break.

He slowly made me stand up as I tried to walk but I wasn't even able to move an inch, unable to prevent myself from whimpering as the pain started to grow intense.

"You go!" I murmured adamantly. The recluse fear of the other wild animals that could surround us if we stay in this part of the forest for any longer. Also because I couldn't stand on my foot without skidding or yelping in pain. So wisely, he should get going without me.

"Now are you insane for that whole damn idea?" Aryan riddled me, "Why would I leave you? Did you leave me earlier then you certainly can't expect me to either, Madam!!"

Can you be any more sweet, Mr. Mallik?

"But I am causing you nothing but trouble. Firstly, that face-off with a leopard and now this-" I cribbed with my lower lip wobbling out in frustration. "I'm being nothing but a nuisance to your life."

"Oh! I understand." He addressed me. "I'll abandon you here but answer my two questions first." He urged and a strange gulp of scrutiny encompassed me. I had suggested to him to leave me behind then why am I acting to be deceived. "Did you invite the leopard for our sightseeing?" I looked at him tight-lipped, unable to think straight, "Or had you paid the bushes in advance to hurt you?"

"Uhm..I-"

"So cut the chase short because I won't leave you here or even vacate your side for that matter." He declared and unknowingly cushioned a gap in the bridge of my limping faith.

I looked away from him, unable to maintain a sober face without giving away a hint to my stirring emotions. I had an itch to warn the dopamine and endorphins who were juggling inside me and making me act weirdly. Then an unanticipated gasp escaped my larynx when Aryan picked me up in his arms leaving me gobsmacked.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, getting bewildered, "Put me down now, Aryan! You can't pick me up just like that!! I'll make you fall, stupid!!"

"Stop yourself from talking nonsense every then and now. You feed on some serious anti shit so mark a full stop to such a pessimistic diet and include hope in every meal that you have in a day. Life remains a blank sheet of canvas unless you will yourself brush it with lively colors."

"Hopes have made me delusional." I mumbled incoherently. "Tooti umeedein insaan ko khokla kar deti hain, Aryan!" I breathed hard as the words failed me.

["Broken hopes makes a human hollow, Aryan!"]

"You're a par excellence student, right? You study hard for an entire year for the exams, no? And if by any chance you misjudge and wrongly attempt a set of questions then what do you do?" Aryan quavered and out of the blue I was robbed of the bad memories when he trailed off with his meaningful eyes settled on her turbulent face, "If I am in such a situation then I will hope for some miracle and grace marks. Don't you do the same?"

I couldn't help but shudder at the mercy of his eloquent peer hooked on me. He didn't have any idea about the huge difference his nominal words could make for me.

"Aap nazare utha kar to dekhiye..." My eyes were downcast, unable to perceive out of my juggled up circumstances, "Umeed par duniya kayam hai, amore mio!" He quoted with an innocent curve of his lips and my heart shamelessly cartwheeled.

["Lift up your eyes once...hope sustains the world, my love!"]

"Now stop draining the neurons of your cerebrum and just hold the phone towards the front so we can move out of the dangerous part." He prompted and handed over the phone to me but we didn't know the exact directions. "I overlooked a road map of this place in the morning and I hope that we will find something safe here. Till then, let's itinerate."

"It's not some movie, okay." I rebuked thoughtfully, "Also you can't stroll ahead while enduring my weight. This is obviously not the safest place. If you discarded the incident a while ago then I will be glad to remind you."

"You're not heavy to the slightest for that matter...not even near to the stuff I practice everyday. I'm not like your dumb fiancée who isn't even capable of lifting you." He snorted.

I was going to stay mum but when I vaguely remembered one of Aakash's messages, "Aakash works out on a regular basis and he even has a good physique." I countered back. "Not as much as your boastful self but yeah he's muscular enough-"

He glared at me but then he appealed again against Aakash, "He doesn't appear as your choice. What had you even seen in him suitable for yourself? You would have pegged for something better." That aversion coming from him was completely unexpected.

I stared at him to find words that could provide him and myself the appropriate answers but there were none. Aakash and I had nothing in common even when we tried for a casual compatibility test. I wasn't even attracted to him in the context.

"Have you seen Aakash?" I inquired softly, unsure of his reply.

"The one creeping you out on the railway station more than required was the one. Right?" Even before I could deny or say something in Aakash's defense. Aryan progressed, "What about me? Anyone could just make out of it. He wasn't exactly secretive about his intentions."

"He isn't a skunk nor he is bad." I supposed, "He is a good boy."

"What's a good boy?" I looked at him confused, "Are you defending a kid of five or your future partner?"

"You've predicted something wrong about him, I guess. Aakash is anything that someone might be able to reject. He's well-mannered and-"

"If you say one more thing in his favor then I will drop you on the ground. Your foot is already bleeding then your backbone will." He told me off pompously.

"How mean you're!" I huffed. He had pissed me off with his arrogance. Had he expected me to call him superior just to boost his freezed ego? There is some height of conceitedness but probably Aryan Mallik is on some other level of narcissism.

It doesn't matter how he was or what he discerned of me. I'm done with crushing over him. I'm very soon getting engaged to Aakash and this immature chapter of infatuation I had titled in my book needed to end fast.

"You're still bleeding and we need some medical help, asap! Let's go there." Aryan stated, "I can see some shade over there. We might receive some kind of help there."

I nodded.

We neared the hut-like, temporary settlement. The sign outside read that it was a post for forest guard and maybe the officer here could guide us outside the forest or something. Aryan motioned me to knock the door but nobody answered to our luck.

"I don't think anyone is inside. It is locked." I convicted.

"Then why had they built this shack for?" This guy had some major anger issues, "You wait here!" He told me and made me stand with the support of the brick-wall. He rushed and collected some stones scattered around the place and hit it on the lock.

"What are you doing? It's not ethical to barge into somebody's place without their permission!" I vouched.

"What do you want me to do then?" He snarled, "Should I ask the leopard we met before to give us his damn permission!?"

I was raged with his tantrums.

"Alright! I won't say a word! Go ahead."

In the first attempt, he hit his own thumb. Second, he missed his strike. During the third, the lock resisted until the sixth trial it had broken down. Hats off to his courage!

The hut was dimly lit with a yellow light for our relief. The cot was in a poor condition along with two unwashed pairs of linen and two bamboo moodas'. A greasy calendar hung over the nail and a diminished book-sized mirror alongside. Luckily, it also had a pot filled with drinking water along some usable utensils.

[Mooda- The Mooda is a type of stool that is native to India. It is made up of completely natural materials. Hence, it is extremely light weight and easy to move around the house.]

"Is it still painful?" I was busy looking around for other things here after Aryan had perched me on the cot, "The wound seems deep. Why can't you look around and walk? Agar jyada lag jati toh!?" He began scolding like a strict mother. He was more dominating than Sammy who often belittled me at my carelessness.

["What if you would've been injured more?"]

I pouted, annoyed by his babysitting. "I didn't have a flashlight for your information. Only yours was helping which wasn't enough in the pitch dark night. Also, don't nag me! You irritate every nerve in me!" I chastised.

"Why is no one here, Aryan?" I lilted, simultaneously gulping two glasses of water in one breath. "And if nobody lives here then why did they make a shelter in the middle of nowhere?"

"God knows who did?" He said, "It's like some cliché bollywood movie where the runaway lover duo stumbled upon a place to hide away from their foe families." He chuckled anonymously.

"But this is not a movie." I implied.

"Yeah! It is unless you get some wild, untamed desires for me and you want us to mingle in some homework."

I narrowed my eyes at him blazingly, doubting his senseless words this time, "What do you mean?"

"I mean to say that, what do you think happens between a beautiful girl and handsome boy when they're left alone in the woods?" He prompted. He wiggled his arched eyebrows suggestively, leaning too much at my side.

My mouth gasped for air comprehending the double meaning lying behind his words. I was angered enough to threaten him for his dirty meaning but the heat that crawled up my cheeks had choked my voice box. I had bitten the insides of my cheeks to prevent myself from further embarrassment.

"Aww!!" He cooed awfully, "You resemble so like a ripe tomato right now, Baby. Your smile would defeat a budding teenager!!" He giggled like a schoolgirl and sat beside me on the mooda. "Close your mouth, otherwise all the wild bees will build their home inside."

"Mr. Stupid Mallik, you have a big-mouth that is too shameless!! You-You!! Argh!! Why am I stuck here with you!? God! You're unbearable!!" I fumed, ready to gag his unholy mouth and screw his junk head. "Get lost!!" I hollered before turning to the other side from this jerk who was laughing at my expense.

"You're a little, Baby." He laughed like a dying hyena while I murmured loud profanities for him.

You Pokémon!

Stop messing up with my mind.

Stupid Aryan Mallik!

Lots of Love,

ANKITA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8M 593K 64
๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ข๐ฌ ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. ๐—ฉ๐—œ๐——๐—ฌ๐—จ๐—ง ๐—ฆ๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—ฌ๐—”๐—ช๐—”๐—ก๐—ฆ๐—›๐—œ...
50K 1.9K 22
"๐‘ซ๐’–๐’๐’Š๐’š๐’‚๐’ ๐’Œ๐’ ๐’…๐’Š๐’Œ๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’‚ ๐’„๐’‰๐’‚๐’‰๐’•๐’Š ๐’‰๐’, ๐’Œ๐’Š ๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’˜๐’Š ๐’‰๐’ ๐’Ž๐’†๐’“๐’Š?" ~~ "๐‘ณ๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’‚ ๐’๐’Š๐’†" "๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’ƒ...
1.5M 66.9K 75
They Met At A Wedding And Once The Wedding Ended, They Parted Ways To Never Meet Again, Unknown To What The Future Holds For Them Can This Pure Hatre...
11.5M 268K 36
"What's your name?" He asked her in a straight cold tone. Akshita and all the employees stared at him as if he was a GHOST, but he kept looking at he...