No Matter What // Zayn Malik

By lostinparadise25

Olivia has had a crush on Zayn Malik from the moment she laid eyes on him, and I mean could you blame her? He... More

No Matter What
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 13

93.6K 2K 436
By lostinparadise25

Ello, peasants. Snowflake Queen here. I'm updating! Yay :)

Peasants. Idk it's just fun to say. Try it. call your siblings peasants, or your best friend. it's fun :3

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·

Chapter 13

Zayn's POV

I stirred my coffee from the hotel's little coffee machine. The steam rose up to my nose, and I managed to smile at the smell of the hot beverage. I had a pounding headache from Niall's birthday last night. I was too drunk to drive home so Liam thankfully checked me into some random hotel. The fact that Perrie wanted to crash here with me made it a little harder to get rid of the pain.

It was way too early for my taste. I'd taken so many pain relievers, yet my head was still pounding.

Maybe I was stressed. Maybe it hurt from over thinking everything.

This Perrie and Livi situation. Something was going on. Livi didn't act the same around me really. We apologized and hugged it out and all, but I could still feel a slight tension whenever I mentioned Perrie or we talked.

I just wanted my best friend back. I wanted her back. Olivia Jane Devine. The reason why I believed in love at first sight.

If anything, Perrie helped me realize how much I loved Olivia. But after all I've done to her, she'd never take me. I'd hurt her. Something I wished I never did. Part of me didn't want to date her. I was scared I might hurt her, but now, I was so in love with her, I could never imagine hurting her. The way she lit up when she heard my voice. She was so happy. So full of life. So . . . So -

"Zayn?" Perrie mumbled, coming out of the bedroom.

"In here." I called back. Perrie saw me, leaning against the wall, sipping my coffee. I gave a slight nod, but even that made my head pound. Maybe it was more than just a hang over.

"There you are." She smiled a bit. "How was that party?"

"Wild." I laughed dryly. "Like the birthday boy. Liv was there. All the Devines." I added, and internally wished that Liv came to my party. She was with her parents at the time, but I still wished she could be there.

"That's nice."

I watched Perrie carefully as I told her about how Liv put her hearing aid in for the first time in a while. Perrie let out little 'mmhmm's but I could hear the annoyance in them. She didn't like Livi. It was clear. I was so blind. How did I not notice this before?

"Do you like Olivia?" I asked, honestly curious.

"Of course, Zayn. She's your best friend." She tied her hair up in a bun.

"Uh-huh." I didn't believe her so I put my cup down. "What did you tell her at our Starbucks date?"

Perrie froze a bit. "She told you didn't she?! That little bi-"

"Don't you dare call her that!" I snapped.

"Y-You love her. D-Don't you?" Perrie half whispered, half yelled.

I did.

I really did.

"You don't love me anymore!"

"You almost called my friend the b-word! You've changed Perrie!"

"I've changed?! You cheated on me! What happened to me being your 'one and only', huh?!"

"What happened to the Perrie I knew?! The one who never got jealous, and emotional, and needy? What happened to the funny girl I fell in love with after hearing your voice on X Factor?!"

"Jesy warned me about you." She said, through gritted teeth, a small tear falling.

"Then why did you stay for this long?!" I yelled back, angrier than ever now.

Perrie bit her trembling lip, and looked down slightly. She didn't have to say a word, because the pieces fell into place and it all made sense now.

"This was a little contest." I realized. "A scheme. You wanted to make sure Olivia couldn't date me. That's why, huh? You were jealous."

Perrie was fuming now. "What does she have that I don't, Zayn?! Tell me!"

I got as close to her as possible, getting in her face as I spat coldly, "She has a heart, Perrie. Unlike you."

Perrie tried to collect herself, but failed miserably. She let her tears flow down her face, but never let a single wail or cry slip out of her mouth. She bit her lip and shook her head. "You're not worth it, Zayn. We're through!"

She changed, getting out of my oversized shirt and changing back into the clothes she arrived in. She didn't look up at me at all as she collected her things. "I want our dog back." She choked out and left me, standing in the middle of our hotel room. A small tear rolled down my cheek as I looked up, trying to get the tears to stop. I fumbled around for my phone, black spots dancing in front of my eyes as my hand missed my phone. I got so dizzy, I had to stop moving for a bit just to clear my vision. I shut my eyes, tears of pain flowing out now, as I wished the pain would stop.

Again, I reached for my phone to call for help or something but all I felt was my head hitting the corner of my bedside table, as I slipped into unconsciousness.

* * * * *

". . . . Caused by stress and also when he hit his head," I heard someone mumble.

"Will he be all-" I heard a gasp. A female. I groaned as my eyes slowly opened, though I felt like there were tiny little weights on my eyelashes, holding them down as I struggled to open them.

"He's awake!" That same female again.

"Mr. Malik?" My vision slowly stopped blurring as I registered that it was a doctor. "Can you see me?"

"Ehh, kinda." I admitted honestly. The white walls and blinding lights around me were clearer now. The curtains by the hospital window flapped up and down a bit as the sun peeked through.

"I'll get you some medicine for that," he scribbled something down, then hit a ton of buttons near my bedside. I felt someone staring at me the whole time. I started to look over but the doctor spoke again. "Do you know who this is?" He gestured to the girl. She had gorgeous black hair, pulled back into a ponytail, revealing her gorgeous face. Her dainty pink lips were curved into a frown and her eyes were full of fear. Still, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her.

"Olivia." I said slowly. "Hi."

"Hi Zayn."

"I'll be back in a few to give you your medicine. Miss Devine, don't stay to long. He needs some rest before he leaves the hospital." The doctor said, then finally left.

Olivia looked back at me with a small smile and sat next to my bedside.

"You feeling better?"

"Yeah, I am." I rubbed my eyes. "Who brought me here?"

"Liam. After an angry phone call from Perrie. The boys were here but they left earlier. You were still knocked out." She mumbled, playing with her hearing aid a bit like she always did when she was nervous. "I . . . Uh, kinda heard what happened."

"Yeah." I bit my lip. She meant our breakup. Something I wish I'd forgotten.

"I-I'm sorry, Zayn, I-"

"Don't lie, Livi. I know you hated her." She looked taken back at my sudden outburst.

"No, Zayn, I-"

"It's okay. Really." I looked at her, honestly meaning it. Livi slowly nodded and confessed that she didn't like her and how she threatened her.

"She said you didn't love her anymore." Livi mumbled shyly, after a long silence. "W-Who did you love?"

You. You, Olivia.

I finally had the courage to say it to her face. I met her eyes and took her hand, scared out of my mind. I sat up a bit and let my heart speak. My mind was racing though. I kept wanting to back out but I didn't and choked out the word. "You. It's you."

Olivia's eyes grew huge then began to dart around as she blushed. Gosh, she was cute. She smiled a bit, but it quickly faded. I bit my lip, bracing myself for the worse. She'd rejected me. It'd be a 'no'. I'd been rejected before like on X Factor, but was given a second chance. Would Livi give me one?

"A month." She said finally.

"What?"

"A month and a half."

"Livi?"

"A month and a half from now, we'll try again. If you still love me, we'll go out." She said firmly, sounding stronger than before.

"Why so long?" I respected her decision but, I was still curious. This was my second chance.

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Cuz I said so, loser."

"Wow, you should be a lawyer." I rolled my eyes a bit.

"I mean it Zayn. A month and a half. All this Zerrie junk will have hopefully died down and if you really do care, you'll wait. A month and a half, Zayn, a month and a half. If I'm really worth it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 35K 24
When Fawn moves from New York City to London, the last thing she expects is to meet the famous One Direction. She expects even less for them to becom...
1.3M 50.3K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 18.9K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
243K 7.2K 76
"Every love story is beautiful, but ours was my favorite."