008.

008. cherry gets a spot on a quest

IF CHERRY had to summarise her reunion with her cabin, she'd say tears. of course, that didn't happen immediately. because first, she was scared out of her mind. she had been standing outside of her cabin for the past twenty minutes, just looking at the door. thoughts flooded her mind as she kept a smile on the outside. she'd died. the grief her siblings must've gone through... it mad cherry sick. they mourned over her, they probably cried over her. and all she could do was panic and worry about it. she took another hesitant breath before knocking on the door finally.

she heard loud stomps inside, and she heard one of her siblings yell, "somebody get the door- i'm trying to wipe the mud away!"

"you get it miranda!" yelled another one of her siblings, "i need to water the daisies!"

there was a final loud sound before the door began to open and a familiar voice spoke, "i'm getting it- you bunch of lazy little as- cherry?"

she was face to face with miranda gardiner. her face was bleak, as if shocked at the fact cherry were alive. her green eyes widened in surprise as she looked at her, her lips quivering slightly as cherry tried for a smile. she blinked slightly, as if making sure cherry were real before she took a step forward, "it's you? but-"

"i'm guessing you didn't see, but... the crowd-"

"that was you?" mumbled miranda, widening her eyes as she adjusted her green bandana, "you're alive... but how?"

"i'll explain later," cherry spoke with a smile as she craned her neck to see her other siblings who'd all stopped what they were doing, looking at her with surprise, "but... i wanna hug all of you guys first."

so yes, to those who wonder now, they did actually end up all crying. miranda was a mess, and all of the younger siblings hadn't let go of cherry for a while. they all huddled around cherry's bed (which hadn't been touched and looked more like a memorial than anything). cherry's smile, which had before been forced out of panic and stress, was now as wide as it could be and full of happiness as she laughed and hugged her siblings, wiping away a stray tear or two.

"you're alive!" cried one of her younger siblings, marley, his big brown eyes staring up at her with surprise, "but... how?"

"hades sent me back up here bud," laughed cherry, hugging him tightly, which was weird of her. usually, she was the one getting the hugs- or the one being comforted. but now, it seemed like she didn't always need that.

"so are you immortal?" piped up an innocent little voice cherry didn't recognise.

"no, i'm not," cherry smiled, before asking, "but who are you?"

"i'm lia," giggled the young girl, her curly red hair and green eyes shimmering as she ran to cherry, "your name is pretty."

"well so is yours," complimented cherry, feeling her whole body tingle with happiness.

cherry would like to report that the sing-along and campfire, in general, was not going great. she supposes that it all started when rachel confirmed some 'great prophecy' had begun. the funny thing was, that half of the people seemed like they didn't know, perhaps the new ones. but all the old and familiar faces looked shocked as pandemonium broke out. people were yelling, some looked fearful. prophecies weren't exactly welcoming. especially ones that were called the great prophecy.

"for those of you who have not hear it!" yelled rachel loud and clear, "the great prophecy was my first prediction. it arrived in august. it goes like this: nine half-bloods shall answer the call. to storm or fire the world must fall-"