017.

017. detours of a roman holiday

BARBIE WILL admit she looked like a bit of a maniac when she asked leo for normal scissors because she wanted to 'test a theory' with her dress. of course, if she were talking about any other dress she might have a heart attack. but the fabric the dress was made of was different. it had a weird shiny quality to it. and after months of seeing leo messing around with celestial bronze, hammering it and refining it until it looked as soft as fabric if woven together...well, barbie had her suspicions. it had been her last gift from her mother. months before they set up, she'd entered the arts and crafts cabin one day with a note from her mom, 'when in doubt, use what you're given'.

at the time, poor grieving barbie had no clue what she meant- and had simply just sewn a dress that looked pretty and had brought it with her to the argo ii.

she didn't get much sleep, and was basically taking short naps. annabeth had tried to force her into pyjamas, or perhaps take of her makeup- which barbie immediately refused. she'd done a good job with ironing her dress, with her makeup. she was not going to take it off. if anything, she'd hardly finished.

after her previous nightmare revolving around the twin giants, she'd decided against sleeping fully- ad would have jason periodically wake her up after an hour of sleep. she would fiddle with the fabric on her dress, which she know knew to have some sort of fiber of celestial bronze weaved into the fabric she'd sewn. she'd concluded it was like a last-minute protective wear. it took a few powerful stabs for any sort of rip in the fabric to form (don't worry, she tested it on the left-over fabric). she silently thanked her mom, asking leo to burn a chocolate bar for her in commemoration.

"get some sleep, cherry," barbie spoke, "you look ready to drop. i think your new powerup is draining you out."

"maybe you're right," yawned cherry, "i'll be up when we land... remind me..." cherry rubbed her eyes, almost accidently swatting goldie off from her shoulder, "night... i guess..."

barbie smiled, nodding as she watched her friend walk away. it was just leo, jason, coach hedge and her above deck now. coach hedge had taken to yelling, "die!" at any sort of cloud or bird that moved suspiciously and jason was looking a bit better. no more bruises (thankfully) and was flying around, checking their surroundings.

leo was still manning the helm,  and had taken to barbie as his entertainment. which was to say, barbie was crocheting small flowers whilst babbling about anything whilst leo snorted at how weird her thoughts are.

"look," she babbled, crocheting diligently on the floor, "hypothetically, if the gods were given like...steroids- would their powers get supercharged or would their body get supercharged? which then obviously begs the question about what if demigods were on steroids? would we have powers of the gods- oh my goodness did i skip a stitch-"

"perhaps because you were talking about gods on steroids," leo snorted, sighing as he said, "go take a nap or something, seriously. you're going crazy-"

"hey!"

"-crazier than usual, that is," leo corrected himself with a small grin, "if you don't want to down below deck, fine. but at least close your eyes and rest."

barbie woke up around ten minutes later when the clanging of the landing gear jolted her awake. she was were she had been moments ago, her crotchet still in her hand. she yawned slightly, moving the mist around to try form a mirror for her to look at her makeup. it was just a bitch smudged, which probably meant barbie would have to redo it. she stood up, flicking her hand as the mirror followed her. she walked to near the edge of the ship, so she could actually see the landscape and quickly but precisely did her eyeliner. it was still the same pink- and although the golden gems had fallen off, she'd replaced them with a more fitting pink.