006.

006. rachel kills the new girl

PERSONALLY, BARBIE wouldn't mind piper being her sister. she seemed like a cool person, one who was nice and probably wasn't going to be that person who played up to the stereotypes too much. barbie would like having her as a sister. and to be honest, nothing would be wrong with it. however, judging by piper's... vibe right now, barbie didn't think that would be happening. piper looked to barbie with a wary look, and a look of distrust, as if she didn't want to be near her. which was cool with barbie, not everybody had to like her. but still, it hurt. but not too much. let's not get ahead of oursel-

"there's something else we need to check," interrupted annabeth, looking to piper and barbie, "let's go."

"go where?" asked piper.

"you'll see soon," barbie spoke, knowing exactly what annabeth was talking about.

they hiked a little farther until they reached a cave near the top of the hill. bones and old swords were littered on the ground, making the place look not so cosy. as they reached their destination, barbie watched as piper's eyes widened in alarm. the glow of the torches flanked the entrance, which was covered in a velvet curtain embroidered with snakes.

"what's in there?"

annabeth poked her head inside for a few moments. barbie watched as her shoulders dropped and she sighed, turning back to them as she spoke, "she's not here."

"a friend of ours lives here," elaborated barbie, "we've been expecting her for a few days. so far... we've got nothing."

"your friend lives in a cave?" asked piper with a raised brow.

annabeth cracked a smile, "actually, her family has a luxury condo in queens, and she goes to a finishing school in connecticut."

"but when she's here," spoke barbie, "she lives in this cave. we... we just thought that maybe she could help find-"

"percy," finished piper.

barbie closed her eyes and nodded. memories of all the time she'd spent with percy flowed back to her and she sighed. with percy missing, it felt like there was a little bit of her missing. which was cliche... but it was true. it was like she was a jigsaw puzzle, and the one part to complete her was gone. add that all to the nightmares, the demigod dreams and the utter stress of being a cabin councillor... and barbie wasn't doing to good right now. she let out a sigh, sitting down a rock as she wiped away a tear.

she's sad, pointed out jerald out loud, give her a hug or somethin' geez.

"who's that?" asked piper, looking aroun in alarm as annabeth gave barbie a small hug.

well who are you? questioned jerald, ...who are any of us?

"jerald stop being philosophical you piece of shit," grumbled barbie misrabbly as she made a flicking motion. as she did so, a little puff of pink mist came out and she continued, "piper- this is jerald. jerald- this is piper, a new demigod."

"ok- but what... what is it?"

it? i've been reduced to an it?, jerald screeched out loud, i am a she! and how-

"jerald's my pink mist," barbie explained, "a gift from my mom- aphrodite. i dunno- she said something about the underworld not being fun? i have no idea- but jerald's here. and was taking a fucking nap when we needed her-"