007.

007. cherry meets the leopard wall

CHERRY HAD to run to keep up with drew's fast pace. she had a mischievous glint in her eye as they walked further and further away from the group. she clasped onto jason tightly, who seemed terribly confused with the whole thing. after a few moments, she turned back, noticing they were far away and she finally let go of jason, sighing loudly. she flicked her dark hair out of her face and turned to cherry with a raised brow, "finally- you gonna show him the way to the big house or what?"

"i thought you were coming with us?" questioned cherry.

"hun i think you know the way to the big house," sighed drew, taking out a pocket mirror as she turned slightly, checking her bubblegum pink eyeliner, "anyways- i need to go. there's a facemask in my cabin calling my name."

"i-"

"no offence man," drew spoke, looking to jason, "but you're not my type- at all. gods is that how i look in direct sunlight? ew."

"but drew-"

"later plant girl!" hollered drew, walking away quickly.

"... good to see you?" mumbled cherry

jason and cherry stared at each other, totally confused as to what happened. there were a few moments of silence before cherry coughed slightly, looking back in the direction drew had gone before turning to jason with a smile, "uh... so chiron!"

"right," jason nodded, still a little confused, "so... what was that?"

"that's drew," cherry explained as they began to walk slowly, "she's a daughter of aphrodite. uh... we try not characterise her much. she's too unpredictable."

"unpredictable?"

"she can be really mean sometimes," cherry spoke, "and sometimes... sometimes she's like that."

"and what is 'that'?" asked jason.

"no idea," shrugged cherry before a grin broke out on her face, "but don't worry about chiron! he's a really nice guy!"

jason nodded, his face still scrunched up in confusion. they walked slowly in silence for a few moments longer before cherry interrupted the quietness with, "so you have amnesia?"

"i guess," he said, "but... it's all weird. i woke up holding hands with a girl i don't remember. and i'm best friends with a guy who somehow made a megaphone's voice thing sound like darth vader. and... somehow i know you too?"

"well, about the last one," cherry spoke, "as i said... i've never seen any three of you before today. it's been... real confusing the past few months."

"i'd say," mumbled jason, nodding, "i mean, didn't you say you died? or was that me hallucinating-"

"no, no," laughed cherry, "no that actually happened. but i'm back now, so it's ok!"

she smiled at him, discreetly (or well, she hopes it was discrete), looking above his head again. secretly, she hoped he was going to be claimed by demeter because she really would've loved him as a brother. but she highly doubted it. something about him just didn't scream 'nature'. but as they continued to walk, she rambled a bit. talking about funny things she remembered about camp, how much things had changed. she let out a few laughs at jasons' confused nodding. the poor guy was trying so hard to understand everything, and it was very nice of him to try act like he even knew what she was talking about. she appreciated it, sort of.