019.

019. family shopping time

BARBIE'S DREAMS where very much this or that. which was to say, they were all over the fucking place and she had no idea when she'd get a demigod dream or if she would just have the standard 'nightmare'. of course, the last thing she did remember was back up in the floating island... plummeting to her presumed death- so perhaps she'd died or something. her dream actually started off quite nice, if she were being totally honest. her mind was being kind ot her, perhaps. because she was getting reruns of memories of her mortal half-siblings. it was an iris message with her dad (which none of the kids seemed to question), and it was also the first time chelsea (the youngest half-sibling) was seen to be walking. then, the memory flashed to tina and blake jumping on her back after barbie had ambushed them in a tickle fight.

the cute little memories danced around for a while in barbie's mind, and she enjoyed them. but then, her dream changed. she wasn't exactly sure where she was, but it was dark all around her. like a stage with no lighting except this one spotlight on her. she was dressed differently, that was for sure. she didn't really have a 'modern' vibe about her. adorned in an an ancient greece styled dress that was a light pink colour (which was perhaps historically inaccurate- but the notion was still liked by barbie) with gold bands around her arms and jewels dripping from her neck- she assumed she looked quite the version of a princess. especially with her hair curled lusciously and styled into a bun.

the spotlight on her was still there, and she stood there confused- squinting up at it. exactly what was-?

then another spotlight formed. and she did several double-takes.

in the other spotlight stood percy- aimlessly calling for her. he was adorned in a similar fashion to her. green cloth with a blue tint draped around him. even from afar, barbie could see his sparkly green eyes. he was a little bit taller than she remembered, but he was there none the less. in someway, this could perhaps be seen as a blessing.

"barbie?" he called, "where are you?"

"i'm here!" she called back.

she expected him to run over to her, but he frowned even more, as if he hadn't heard her at all. he continued calling for her, using a range of different nicknames for her. but each time she tried to call back, it didn't work. she tried running up to him, but it made no difference. she tried touching his shoulder, shaking him, but her hands went through him like he was a holograph.

suddenly, her dream glitched. or at least, that's what it looked like. her gorgeous princess-looking clothes glitched and she was back dressed in what she had been before. the same pink shirt and jeans, the same puffy silver jacket she'd received from the hunters of artemis. and percy... was gone.

"i fucking knew it," she said, "it was a trick! it was-"

"a nightmare?" chuckled a low voice.

she froze, turning around. but it was still pitch black, bar the single annoying little spotlight on her.

"it happens often," chuckled the voice, "but tell me... why you?"

"what do you mean mean, why me?" she spoke, hoping her glare was directed at the voice.

"what is so special about you... that makes a dying wish of a servant to the earth mother to haunt you with nightmares?" chuckled the voice, "an honour, i suppose. take it as one, little demigod."

"and why exactly is it an honour?" she continued, before doing a little mocking bow, "oh yes- gracious deep annoying voice- thank you for bestowing upon me an image of my boyfriend who's fucking missing and not letting me communicate with him. truly an honour. truly."