004.

004. dead girl society for the confused revivals

PERCY JACKSON usually was an okay guy in cherry's opinion. well... usually. that was until he made barbie storm below deck. after they had just had an intervention a month ago- and cherry didn't know if she would be able to physically get barbie out of the sewing room this time. she couldn't possibly imagine how barbie was feeling. sad- definitely. her boyfriend didn't remember her- that must have put a lot on her. and judging by the fact she'd starting yelling at him- she was definitely angry.

annabeth had ran down a few minutes afterwards to try and get barbie up and talking to them all again. but by the time they landed- which coincidentally was when annabeth walked over to them in the mess hall, there was no barbie with her. cherry watched the conflicted expression on annabeth's face grow as she stared at percy in disappointment and anger.

"good job, seaweed brain," she huffed, "do you know how long it took us to get her out of the arts and crafts cabin at camp?"

"a long time," added cherry, frowning in the direction of percy as she added, "you didn't have to be so mean percy. you might not remember barbie- but we all still know her. she cares about you a lot- regardless of if you guys were dating or not."

"but i don't remember her. i have all my other memories back," frowned percy, "how come i don't remember her?"

cherry would've spoken up about the curse- but she decided perhaps that was something barbie should explain to percy. insead, she sighed as they sat down next to leo, who was staring out at the circular looking looking-glasses that reflected footage of camp half-blood.

"you can go ask her yourself when you have the time," cherry said simply, "and perhaps say sorry to her." she glared at him as he began to protest and she added, "no- you will be apologizing. it's not a suggestion. not anymore."

"so we've landed," percy said after a few moments of awkward silence. "what now?" frank plucked on his bowstring. "figure out the prophecy? i mean...that was a prophecy ella spoke, right? from the sibylline books?"

"the what?" leo asked. frank explained how their harpy friend was freakishly good at memorizing books. at some point in the past, she'd inhaled a collection of ancient prophecies that had supposedly been destroyed around the fall of rome.

"that's why you didn't tell the romans," leo guessed. "you didn't want them to get hold of her."

percy kept staring at the image of half-blood hill. "ella's sensitive. she was a captive when we found her. i just didn't want..." he made a fist. "it doesn't matter now. i sent tyson an iris-message, told him to take ella to camp half-blood. they'll be safe there."

silence consumed them all for a few moments more- and the whirring sound of a sewing machine started up down the hallway- echoing all the way to them. frank furrowed his eyes, "does that usually happen?"

"she's been using the unhealthy coping mechanism of sewing to cope with... well- percy," annabeth spoke, wincing slightly, "it's better now. i think." she shook her head, as if that was bringin her back to her main point, " just let me think about the prophecy—but right now we have more immediate problems. we have to get this ship fixed. leo, what do we need?"

"the easiest thing is tar." leo was glad to change the subject. "we can get that in the city, at a roofing-supply store or someplace like that. also, celestial bronze and lime. according to festus, we can find both of those on an island in the lake, just west of here."