Light Between the Cracks

Start from the beginning

The human looked like she was going to say something, but she stopped midway when they heard a loud voice.

"WHAT WERE YOU TWO THINKING?"

--x--

Willow is pretty much horrified by the entire duel that is taking place right in front of her. Not only were her two best friends trying to kill one another (okay maybe only Amity was trying to do that) but now so was her aunt and her criminal sister. So yeah, she was only a little stressed.

It didn't help that Gus was reporting of all things considered.

"BATTLE OF THE CLAWTHORNES!" he yelled as he summoned a microphone on his palm.

Eda drew a circle with her staff and a beam of fire emerged from the centre of it.

"Entering from the right, weighing in at- DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT BUSTER!" he bellowed upon seeing a child trying to get past the kill zone.

Clearing his throat, he brought the thing back to his lips. "Nevermind, ON YOUR RIGHT! The Lord of Calamity, the Master of Disaster, she who holds the title of strongest wild witch, THE OWL LADY!!"

Eda smiled proudly and winked at the crowd. Dodging a blue blast shortly after. Lilith summoned her pearly white staff, pointing it towards her sister. The cloak that hung on her shoulders blew furiously to the side.

"Entering from the left, the Shadow of Death, the Emperor's Second, the absolute Enforcer of Order, EMPRESS LILITH!"

The crowd cheered wildly as their empress was announced, but neither sister paid any mind to their chatter. A small smirk was visible on her face, though.

"These two titans are ready to tumble, LLLLET'S GET READY TO RRRRUMBLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!" Gus yelled, full of energy and enthusiasm. His dad would be proud. He thought as the two continued to fight.

Willow nervously clung onto her uniform as her two friends were out of sight. Where had they gone? Were they okay? The constant sound of blasts didn't really help either. She could hear fire, screaming, the breaking of wood and...

And laughing?

"Is that all the 'Empress of the Boiling Isles' has to offer?" she could hear Eda tease.

"You're one to talk, "most powerful witch of the Boiling Isles." her aunt jabbed back as she laughed, dodging an owl tube looking thingy (It looked like Hooty and that made her slightly uncomfortable).

They were laughing? It was a witches duel!

"I'll have you know that the rumours you heard are in fact true!"

"We'll see."

Eda continued to summon more horrifying owls and Lilith continued to dodge them with ease. She smirked as she destroyed them one by one. She later stopped going for them and aimed towards the other woman instead.

The younger Clawthorne was quick however and summoned a shield, which the white staff hit. Her aunt followed close behind and Willow doesn't know what to think of it all.

She shakes her head. Amity and Luz. She needs to find them. Gus would be here to report everything. She can just ask him how it goes later.

Willow made herself out of the tent with great difficulty as the crowds cheered and shoved one another. She tried not to think too hard about all that was going on at the moment. All Willow wanted was one peaceful covention. ONE.

She wanted one covention where Amity wasn't so uptight, or Gus trying to find a duel to report, or her aunt being stopped every 10 seconds for an autograph or picture. But this, this took the cake. Or at least that's what Luz would say. She hoped she was using that right (though she could've sworn it was pie).