Blind Hatred

Conventions were always a busy day for Lilith. She grew to dislike them quite a bit.

Lilith knew that she was a bitter woman. She was aware of how cold and distant she looked. She's aware of how straightforward and mean she could be, but Lilith didn't really care anymore.

She stopped caring a long time ago.

Now she focused only on pleasing her husband, getting her work done and trying to find Edalyn. Because that was the only point in living now.

There was a flowering feeling in her chest that betrayed her.

The little girl, Amity Blight, invaded her thoughts.

Her chest felt lighter, she was certain of it. Her heart was thawing out and there was a dent in the walls that she had built up. The little girl had run straight into her heart, (quite literally may she add).

She had met the girl one time and she already plagued her every thought.

Lilith walked around the area, waving to the occasional passerby's and signed an autograph here and there. She really wished she could go backstage now. The crowds were getting increasingly annoying. Eyes followed her everywhere and fingers pointed at her both accusingly and excitedly.

Lilith hated the spotlight, but being Empress, Head Coven Leader and face of the Coven System required a lot of it.

She turned to see a patch of green headed figures. She saw the Blights walking their kids to the entrance of the main hall. She could see Amity and her two siblings following close behind. Amity was smaller than all of them, running to catch up with the rest. She seemed to be clutching a book in her arms. It was almost the size of her entire chest. Lilith smiled at the sight.

Before she knew it, her legs carried her in their direction. All sorts of thoughts ran through her head. One part of her felt guilty. Almost like she was replacing her daughter. Another part of her called her foolish for approaching a man who betrayed her and a woman who ridiculed her. While another urged her to keep going. To reach out to the girl. To provide her comfort she knew her parents weren't capable of giving her.

"Odalia. Alador. So nice to see you." she said. There was a distant smile on her face. Alador may have turned his back on her and her sister, but he had been a good friend over the years he hadn't.

Odalia looked shocked to say the least. Her emotionless mask crumbling for a second. It was quickly built back up and turned to a poisonous scroll.

"Evening your majesty." she said, the entire family bowed, which caused Amity to lose the grip of the book in her hands. Before Odalia could scold her, Lilith went over to help her pick it up.

"None of those formalities now Odalia. It's the least I can do to apologize for my youth years." she said chuckling as she handed the giant book to the little girl. The book's title read: "A Witch's Guide to Apprenticeships".

... That.... Wasn't a bad idea.

"You hit me in the head with a ball more times than I can count." she spit out with venom. Lilith paid no mind to her and instead looked at the girl who peared up at her with amber eyes. "Hello again dear. How've you been?" she asked in a soft voice. Amity swore it was as soft as her Otabin plush.

"I've been well. How about you?" she asked quietly. Lilith chuckled sweetly and tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear. Amity almost leaned into the touch. She would've if her entire family hadn't been there.

"I'm doing quite well my dear." she replied to her. She gazed at the book again, the gold plating of the title shined into her eyes.

"That was one of my favorite books as a kid." she started. "Apprenticeships are uncommon nowadays, but I think it would be quite lovely to have one." Amity listened to her attentively. Drinking up every word as if her life depended on it.