Chapter 12

Sitara's POV

"Tara, what's wrong?"

I threw my bag and phone on the sofa in frustration as Myra closed the main door. I jumped on the cushions.

"Just leave me alone for a while," I mumbled, making myself comfortable on the sofa.

This was not the first argument I had with a model. But the other models just used to suggest a thing and then shut their mouth and did as I say. No one dared to show me their attitude.

How could Kabir do that?

"Yeah, as if I'm going to listen." Myra said, sitting next to me and opened a water bottle lying next to me. "Tell me. What happened back there in the trial room?"

I kept my head buried in the pillows. I didn't want to talk about it. She wouldn't understand what I was feeling right now. She would say something like, 'you were acting like a child' or 'you should have listened to Kabir's suggestion.'

"Tara, come on. Tell me." she insisted, shaking my shoulders as I tried to remove her hands from my body.

But I was lying on my stomach, I didn't have much space to fight back when she started shaking me more.

"Myra!" I groaned, accidentally kicking off my heels which landed on the coffee table.

"Just stop with that groans. I'd enough of them with your hook-up buddy." she said, surrendering in the end. As she stopped shaking me, I suddenly got an idea.

A brilliant idea.

"You know what," I said. Quickly, I made a pillow heap and sat on that. I pulled out my phone and searched for a number. "I'm gonna forget about that handsome attitude-y idiot for some time."

Her confused face was ridiculous with the mouth full of water and big eyes. She raised her eyebrows, asking me to explain what the hell I said. But I ignored her and hit the call button once I found the number.

"Hey, Sitara here." I greeted excitedly.

"Sitara? As in Sitara Roy?" the deep voice said from the other side.

I got confused for a second. If this was Sitara Roy's number, then obviously Sitara Roy must be speaking.

"Yeah, is that a problem?" I asked sarcastically.

"Oh, my god! I'm such a big fan of your designs and yours of course! I can't believe you actually called me!" he said. Enthusiasm and happiness could be heard in his voice.

I was getting even more confused and annoyed at him now. Why was he talking as if we didn't know each other? And to fuel my frustration more, Myra was continuously distracting me by poking my arm.

"Rohan, are you fine? Why are you talking like this?" I asked.

"Shit, you know my name!"

I sighed heavily, done with everything and everyone in my life. Why was he acting like this? But then his next question made me realize how I fucked up.

"Kristara must have told you, right?"

Shit! Now I remembered. I facepalmed and hit my head on Myra's shoulder, cursing myself in my head.

How could I be this stupid?

"Yeah, she did." I said awkwardly. "Just a minute, Kristara wants to talk to you."

I covered the with my hands and whispered to Myra. "Couldn't you remind me that he doesn't know me!"

She dramatically gritted her teeth and whispered back mimicking me. "Couldn't you tell me that you're calling him?"