Chapter 9

Kartik's POV

"So it isn't my fault Isha that you were thinking I'm going to the party and was unaware of my today's meeting with Sitara Roy. It's your job to schedule and reschedule my meetings." Kabir yelled at his secretary, Isha, over a call as frustration dripped through his voice. I tend to stay away from him whenever he's in working mode. But right now, we were on our way to Sitara's company for a meeting that he didn't inform his secretary.

I snatched his phone from his tight grip, "Isha, it's okay. Now just reschedule his today's timetable accordingly." I said and cut the call.

"What the hell is your problem, Kabir? Can't you talk with people with a little respect? and it was your fault that you forgot to tell her about your today's meeting with Sitara." It's not the first time he was shouting at someone else even if it was his fault.

I guessed it was his hobby to yell at people for no valid reason.

"I don't care. I don't want to miss this meeting to show up at a party of Mrs. Sharma. I don't understand why does she even invite me to these stupid parties. This is a very important project for me and she knows it." Kabir said, shifting his gaze outside the window. Important?

Yes, maybe. It was better than showing up at a party with some new models who were desperately trying to be in his position.

"I know, baby, you can't wait to meet your angel." I knew that this contract with Estilo was important for him to stay in the top position. But I just loved to annoy him by mentioning Sitara.

I still hadn't understood the reason behind him saving her number as 'Angel'.

"Devil is smiling like a child to meet an Angel I see." I said, exiting the elevator of Sitara's office building, making our way towards her cabin.

"Can you please shut the fuck up or should I punch you on the left eye too?" he said, angry as hell but trying to be calm. He was nervous.

Sitara's secretary, Tina, guided us towards her cabin. She knocked on the door and we heard Sitara's voice asking us to come in.

Kabir was first to enter. As I was about to step in, Tina rubbed her knuckles on my fingers while saying, "Have a nice day, Sir." Great start of the day.

"Of course," I replied, leaning a little forward and winking before walking into the cabin.

"Good Morning, Kabir, Mr. Arora. Nice to meet you again. Please, have a seat." Sitara shook her hand with us while gesturing to take a seat.