Chapter 16

Sitara's POV

Quiet strange that I was lying on the couch with my laptop watching movies and was not busting my ass to work the hell up with my current project. Am I becoming lazy these days?

"Your Kabir's got an insane amount of fangirls, dude."

Yeah, and Myra was right next to me with her phone. I tend to forget about this crazy friend I pet in the house.

I scoffed. "Of course, he does."

I cursed every single girl, lady, woman, grandma, or whatever, who's wishing for a miracle Kabir in their life.

I blushed and also felt proud at Myra mentioning, your Kabir. Nothing was going between the two of us which will include the adjective your as in my Kabir.

But, damn, it's so nice to listen to it.

"Are you stalking Kabir?" I asked, looking at the opposite side of the couch where she's relaxing as always. My voice sounded confused yet possessive.

"Nope," she said in a child-like voice. "I was surfing through his social media to the hot headlines."

I thought about spitting out my vocabulary of curses but then ended up throwing a pillow right at her sarcastically grinning face.

Her expressions went from I'm cool to what the fuck as soon as the pillow bounced back from her face.

"That's for acting smart," I said and threw yet another pillow on her messed-up hair face. "And that's because I love to piss you off."

"Argh!" she groaned and fixed her hair by finger-combing them. She glared daggers at me but it's impossible to control the laugh by looking at her red-nose angry face.

"You're such a stupid, idiot, dumb friend!"

"I learned it from you, my dear Myra."

She rolled her eyes and again glued her eyes on her phone.

I kept my laptop aside as the movie ended and did a little stretch to relax my tensed muscles from lying in one position for more than an hour.

"Holy shit!"

If our house wasn't soundproof our neighbors would have sued us for this inhuman voice. My hand automatically clutched my chest in fear of her witchy horrifying curse.

"Are you crazy?" was all I could ask.

"No, but you surely will go crazy after reading this."

Her big eyes were still glued on the screen I wasn't certain about what she found out but knowing this girl is Myra, she always acts over the top for mere things.

I casually took her phone and read the headline written in bold, covered by the media on its official website.

"Kabir Sinha, the country's most successful model is involved with Ananya Saxena?"

What the hell? An unexpected chill ran down my entire body reading it.

"Who the fuck is Ananya Saxena?" I screeched as I read the line again and again.

My hands tightly held the phone, my brain going through all the possibilities of this being a piece of fake news but none of them made sense.

Myra took away the phone from my hands whereas I was feeling like someone was vigorously pulling my hair.

"I-I'm sure it's a fake news, Tara," Myra covered up, fumbling. "See, there's a question mark."

I noticed that there was a question mark while reading but still I refused to not believe it.

What if it's true? What if Kabir's really dating someone?

It's been such a mixed-up relationship with him that I can't even figure out if I should get jealous like a possessive girlfriend or yell at him for not telling me like a friend.

Just by reading the reporters' urge to add spice on their page, I was pissed. I don't want to even think how will I react if I get to know that the news is true.

"I need a beer," I said, shaking my head while grabbing my hair to give it a slight pull for some kind of relief.

"We're out of beer." Myra softly whispered as if she's the one to be blamed for everything. Her was face carrying a guilty expression, she thought it was her fault that she showed me the news.

I understood that there's no point in taking out my frustration on her or anybody.

I hate it when I've to cover up myself in such clothes just to save my identity. Dark jeans and a black hoodie. I carefully push the door of a bar which was a bit far from my penthouse. I couldn't keep the track of time and road while I drove here.

A smell of alcohol was in the air. It was just like any other ordinary bar, with a minimum drunk crowd and a ridiculous amount of rubbish talk.

Just one beer and I'm out of this place.

"One beer please," I ordered at the counter, pulling the mask I was wearing more towards my eyes. I added as much bass I could add to my voice. The bartender was way too busy on his phone that he didn't bother to look at me.

"Grab a table," he said as he turned towards liquor. I got confused for a second as that why he didn't see my face or the table I'll sit on. How's he going to remember my order? But then, why do I care? I'm only here to get a beer.

I searched for an isolated corner in the room. There was none. Every table was occupied by someone or the other. There were only seven to eight tables.

My eyes landed on a familiar figure sitting at the table near a picture window. I glanced at the bartender and the people around one last time to make sure no one recognized me and made my way towards that table.

"Kabir?"