Chapter 20

Sitara's POV

2 weeks later...

"Check the lights, the music, also, I want two lists of the ramp sequence. Quick." I whispered in Neha's ear, covering the headset mic with my hand.

She passed me one more list of the sequence and called Kartik's assistant to tell him to check the lights and music once again.

All the members, the Founders Council, The VIPs, and all my staff had arrived. The media and few reporters have positioned their cameras and mics.

The appointed backstage manager was handling the things backstage while Kartik was in the audience from where he can keep a watch on every movement and also from where I can kinda see him from backstage.

After several rehearsals, today's the day.

The Big Day has arrived.

The atmosphere in the audience was warm and light. Everyone was greeting and chatting, their soft laughs could be seen on the monitor.

Whereas, the backstage where I was standing was tensed and serious. Every single soul was doing one thing or the other assigned to them. It was as if some life or death situation for them. I can assure you I felt the same. My hands were sweating. My eyebrows were drawn together in tension the whole time.

But still, I had this strong gut feeling that everything was going to be perfect.

We still had 40 minutes to begin the show and because of which I asked everyone to check all the stuff again.

I don't want anything messed up between the show.

"Ma'am, Mr. Sinha wants to see you, he's in the green room." one of the crew members came and told.

What does he wanna talk about at this moment?!

"Fine. I'll go. Keep reporting if the changes are happening accordingly on the headset." I ordered the man and walked towards Kabir's room.

There was nothing to talk about at this moment. Maybe he had some trouble with the costume? Oh, hell no. I can't afford any trouble in that department right now. I and my team went through every single piece of cloth the models were going to wear. Let me assure you, I personally checked in on Kabir's costume and he was going to wear the outfit designed after his suggestion.

I knocked and opened the door to his green room. Myra was there, doing his hair. They both noticed me standing at the door and turned their heads towards me.

The sight in front of me was, Myra controlling her smile and Kabir looking somewhat nervous.

Was he nervous because of the show?

Myra whispered something in his ear and before exiting, she whispered in mine, "Congratulations."

Congratulations on the show?

I couldn't understand why she congratulated me but I didn't ask her either. I went and stood in front of Kabir, waiting for him to say something.

I checked him head to toe, he was looking damn handsome today. Well, he always does.

"Ma'am the lights are perfectly synced according to the sequence." someone informed on the headset. Good!

"Angel, I wanted to say something very important." he started.

"What happened? Is everything okay? Something wrong with the costume, makeup, or hair?" I bombarded him with questions. I was genuinely concerned while asking those questions.