Chapter 19

Kabir's POV

I held the door open for Angel and gestured for her to enter first. She gave a small smile before entering the cafe.

I stepped beside her, greeted by a chocolate-like smell. The brown wooden floor stood out against the green wooden counter, potted plants, and those fairy lights. The lanterns hung low, giving the cafe a chill vibe.

Customers mostly looked like they were couples, indeed the name was Love Supreme.

Angel walked to the table placed beside the window wall. It was in the corner, less commotion; more privacy.

Angel settled on the couch as I settled on the chair, facing her.

"Welcome to the Cafe Sir and Ma'am, what would you like to have?" The waitress glanced up from her Notepad, her eyes widened at us.

Angel kept her finger on her lips, telling the girl to keep quiet. The waitress nodded and took jotted down our order.

We sat in silence, stealing glances at each other. Angel cleared her throat.

"Today's rehearsal was Great. It really turned much better than I excepted."

"Because of you," I said, softly. Her cheeks tinged pink in color as she stared back into my eyes.

"Here" the waitress served our coffee, breaking our eye contact.

I heard a small gasp from Angel as she held the coffee in her hand. I peeked at her cup to see a Latte art of a couple who were kissing.

She turned her gaze to my cup, giggling. Mine had a Latte art of a Heart.

We both turned to the waitress who had a smirk dancing on her lips.

"Love Supreme" she sang as she walked back to the counter.

I started "That was-"

"-Cute" Angel interrupted, a small smile forming on her pink lips.

Her black eyes looking like a spilled ink stain. She looked happy as she sipped her coffee.

I wanted to her smile forever and some more.

"Kabir?"

I blinked my eyes, tilting my head towards the right looking at her in confusion.

"Stop staring" she mumbled.

Involuntarily, my mouth curved into a smirk.

"All of your beautiful curves, but your smile is my favorite."

Her eyes widen as she tried to speak something but to no avail. I also didn't understand how the words came out of my mouth but it was true. She had the most beautiful smile.

She looked like she was fighting back another smile.

"How did you meet Kartik?" She asked, walking towards her car

I chuckled. "School"

"What's so funny?"

I shook my head, remembering the day we met. "It was a funny met. I met him outside the principal's cabin. He was punished because he threatened some kid saying, I quote, 'you remind the teacher about homework, I will pluck your teeth out and use it as my keychain'"

Angel burst out into deep laughter, "That's so Kartik thing to say."

"What about you? Myra?"

She grinned, "Actually I was out, buying stationary. And there, this psycho was singing 'Baby' in front of a grandma. The grandma nearly had a heart attack seeing an 18 yr old girl dancing in the middle of the street, dedicating the lyrics at her."

"Both are a match made in hell"

"I know right" she agreed.

She stopped right in front of the door, turning to face me. Before I could register, she threw her arms around my neck, embracing me.

"Thanks for the date, Kabir. It was Awesome"

I nuzzled into her hair, trying to calm my racing heart. I wanted her to stay, right here in my arms, With me. Away from others.

I wanted her to stay, right here in my arms, With me. Away from others. That's selfish but I can't help it.

This Sitara was the real one, My Angel. The one who is like an open book, laughing, smiling, expressing. The first day I met her, she was the badest bitch. Girl of a few words.

The day when we fought, our first fight. She was rude. Hell, she was looking like a Hulk- just a beautiful Hulk. But one thing I noticed, her expressions were kind of hurt. Her words felt like they were hurting herself more than me.

Feeling the regret and guilt, I took the most idiotic but the best decision--taking her on a date. Without preparing anything first.

On the date, I realized the Sitara I knew, was nothing like the Real Sitara. She was sweet, calm, and mostly relaxed not a raging beauty.

Indeed, she is the baddest bitch. Just with a soft, vulnerable corner for the special one.

That's selfish but I can't help it. I came up with two conclusions.

Either my heart is failing or it's falling.