Epilogue

Sitara's POV

8 Years later...

"Check the lights and the music," I ordered on the headset as I stood right in front of the ramp stage.

I was standing in the biggest hall conducting fashion events I'd ever seen. It was the Fashion Council's Lakme Fashion Event hall.

It was my dream to work with the Fashion Council of India and right now, I was one of the top ten fashion designers working with them. It had been quite a journey to step my way from the bottom to the top here. I'd learned a lot working with them.

These eight years were the best years of my life.

"Ma'am, we're ready to start the rehearsal." A crew member informed me on the headset, breaking my train of thoughts.

Today's rehearsal was for the biggest upcoming fashion event.

I felt someone softly pulling the ankle-length dress I was wearing from my right side. I looked down to find Tarun tugging my dress and Kristara standing next to him.

"Where's Dad?"

I smiled and ruffled his smooth hair which he obviously got from me.

"You'll see," I said, looking between both of them. "Keep your eyes on stage, okay?"

An innocent grin spread on their lips as they focused their eyes on the stage. I chuckled before asking for the lights to blackout.

"Are we ready?" even if I'd asked this on the mic, I turned to the people standing behind me. After getting the confirmation I nodded and joined the twins next to me to watch the stage.

"3... 2... 1... and go."

It felt like a movie scene was going on in front of my eyes. The music started in slow motion and the most confident and beautiful pair of eyes, sparkled as the spotlight hit them. The eyes and the man that I'd owed to adore forever. Kabir.

A burst of giggles and claps came out of the six-year-old carbon copies of their Dad and me.

It's the first time they're seeing Kabir and me working together even if it's our third time.

Kabir had signed the immediate next project with me after we got married. It was a great opportunity for him, even bigger than the first assignment he had with me.

But after a long period of time, we were working together today.

My assistant staff of designers standing behind me didn't hear much of a noise coming from the twins due to music.

But for me, after Kabir, it was them whose laughs, cries, words mattered to me the most. It was like a satisfying prayer to my ears to hear them laugh.

They both were so amazed by Kabir's skills. Just the way I was when I first saw him on stage.

He still had that killer attitude as everyone refers it to. He was the same old Kabir, whom I fell in love with, aside from getting more handsome and sexy.

Kabir was so dedicated to his job that he didn't even notice us looking at him.

"Mom, look at Dad!" Kristara came and stood in front of me, jumping on her spot.

"I'm, sweetie." I always am.

" I always am