Chapter 10

Kartik's POV

"So you love to read?" I asked as we entered the library which was where Myra usually visits in her free hours. We made our way towards the librarian's desk.

I rarely visited the library. For me, it seemed to be the scariest place with all the silent atmosphere and 1000s of books surrounding you.

"Who doesn't?" Myra counter questioned, giving a book to the librarian. The title read, 'Looking for Alaska by John Green'.

"That's a good one. I have read it a few months back. I just didn't like the end." I put up my thoughts on the book, considering hearing her opinions as well.

We both stepped into an isolated area of bookshelves. "Sometimes the end is confusing too," Myra said, moving her fingers on books from the bookshelf. That's so thoughtful!

"And? What else are your hobbies?" I asked out of curiosity. I wanted to know her. It had been only a few hours since we met yet here I was, willing to know about this beautiful girl. Of course, there was a side of me who just wanted to know more about her beauty but now wasn't the right time for it.

"Well, I love to watch movies and spending time with my friends," she said excitedly.

"Me too. But, the problem is you see, I have very few friends." I said, unintentionally passing a hint.

She rolled her eyes saying, "Yes Kartik, I get it. I would love to be your friend."

Beauty with a brain, huh?

I was already loving her company! Without giving me weird looks like the ones I always get from Kabir whenever I try a poor attempt at anything.

"That's so sweet of you, friend," I said, emphasizing the word friend with my palms on my cheeks. Myra chuckled in response and kept looking through books.

She walked to the very end of the room searching for some specific novel. I kept the book I was pretending to read back on the shelf and walked towards her to help in searching her book.

Searching? I don't think so. Maybe, to talk more with her?

As I was about to reach near her, god knows how, I ridiculously tripped over myself while my shoes making a squeaky noise, I collided with her. Her back hit the wall, my both hands unknowingly caged her from either side.

My mind registering the situation whereas my eyes took in our awkward position. We were so close to each other that if I moved a little forward, our lips would touch. Fuck! I knew I was going to make a fool of myself. Can't I even walk like a normal person?

But to be honest, her surprised blushing face was priceless. I was loving this position we were in, it can't be more romantic. Romantic? What the fuck?

She shifted her eyes away from mine and blushed even more. That blush! I can see that for the whole day.

As I clearly took a note of my stupid state of mine, I understood that this girl was driving me insane. But the shocking part of it was, I liked it.

What was I supposed to do now? Say sorry and back away? But I didn't want to move away from her.

I slowly took my hands up to her chin and made her look into my eyes. Her beautiful eyes, one can never stop looking into. I moved closer towards her lips and she just blushes more and more. I didn't know what I was doing.

But as long as she didn't say no or pushed me away, I was enjoying this.

Our lips were just millimeters apart-

"Ma'am I found the book which you-"

We heard an old female voice from behind. Shit!

I quickly moved away from her and straight-up walked to the librarian's desk, avoiding eye contact with anyone. What the fuck Kartik, can't you control?

I hoped she wouldn't find me a creep or pervert which till now has happened to me most of the time.

Myra came back after me in few seconds and stood next to me holding a book so close to her as if it will vanish if it's out of her touch. Was she nervous? Or was she afraid of me?

"Thank you, dear, enjoy your reading." The librarian with a huge smile on her face said to her. In response, Myra nodded as the blushing grew more intense on her cheeks. Why is she blushing?!

The lady turned her gaze on me and showed me a thumbs up with a wink.

I scratched my brain for a while in my mind and then I understood what the fuck just happened.

The lady saw us in such a position without understanding the situation and assumed that we have something between us.

I didn't mind if she thinks that ways, now do I?

We exited the library. We stayed silent until we reached her car. I opened the door for her and after few seconds of standing at the same spot with an awkward silence, Myra spoke.

"Thank you for coming with me here, I loved your company."

"Yeah and I'm sorry for that, I mean, I didn't mean to-"

she cut me off as I was trying hard to not shutter. Kabir would have created a scene if he saw me shuttering while talking to a girl.

"No please, don't be, I kinda liked that," she said with the last part merely a whisper. Did I hear that right?

Fuck, are my ears playing any game with me?

She chuckled and waited for my dumb expressions to change. I shook my head, still not trusting my ears.

I wrapped my arms around her back but it unintentionally circled her waist. She froze on her spot and then I realized. Shit!

Why did I have to act this casual with everyone? Maybe she didn't like doing hugs. If I stayed like this for few more seconds, people will think I'm troubling her.

I was about to unwrap her from my arms when I felt her hands slowly yet steadily pulling me in. She hugged me back and I sighed deeply.

Even if I wanted us to stay this way for long, I broke the hug. She swiftly got into the car and closed the door before I can. I stood still at my place, waiting for her to slide the window down and say something. She did.

"I would love to meet you again, Kartik." the smile on her pretty face made me smile as well.

"I would love that too, Myra. Have a great day." and with that said, she left.

What was happening to me? I was surely dreaming about a beautiful girl with whom I spent few hours, with whom I talked for few hours which I'd thoroughly enjoyed.