Chapter Twenty One - Dreaming of Wave

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Name: Yakumo Kurama
Title: Kurama Clan Head
Gender: Female
Age: 16
Level: 50
Next Level: 19.82%
Health Points - 250/250
Chakra Points - 5000/5000
Vitality 25
Strength 25
Speed 25
Perception 85
Intelligence 90
Chakra 500
Status Effects: Weak Body, Chakra Personality Manifestation.
Emotions: Guilt, Sadness, Regret.

History: Yakumo Kurama is the last surviving member of the main branch of the Kurama clan, and, as such, the heiress to the clan. Yakumo was born with an exceptionally weak body, and the powerful bloodline trait of her clan, resulting in her immense talent in Genjutsu as a result.

Genjutsu talent, wasn't there an episode about this girl? Something to do with a demon and paintings? I couldn't actually remember any of the details. Her last name was Kurama, wasn't that the name of the nine-tails? Nine-tailed foxes in mythology had a lot to do with illusions as well.

Was that some kind of twisted reference?

"Yakumo-san," Tsunade said easily, "This is Sora-san, Kurenai should have mentioned him?"

I gave her a smile and a small wave.

"Yes, of course," Yakumo said kindly, "You think you may be able to help me."

I had no idea, but we would see what happened.

"Sure," I said cheerfully, "Why don't you get comfortable, and I'll see what I can do?"

Tsunade helped the girl get back into the bed and pulled her sheets up to cover her legs. I grabbed the chair that was in the corner of the room and dragged it over. The chair screeched along the floor as I made no effort to lift it up, and Tsunade stared at me with raised eyebrows.

I just smirked as I placed the chair down next to Yakumo's bed before flopping into it.

"Right," I said cheerfully, I pretended to glance over her. "Let's see, Weak Body, Chakra Personality Manifestation, I see why Tsunade couldn't do anything about this, it's the old ways, you know? Not as versatile as my custom work, let's see what we can do here, give me your hand, go on, don't be shy. A little bit of light, don't get jumpy."

I could feel Tsunade burning twin holes in the side of my head as I rattled off the information she had yet to give me; I had to fight to keep from laughing at the feeling.

I did some quick math, six-thousand-seven-hundred-mana, ninety-five Mana per cast, something like sixty casts? Seventy? Something like that, twelve durability per stack, that was uh, eight-hundred durability damage to the status with each max mana cast? The petrification way back then had uh, five-thousand durability? Maybe? Let's call weak body at twice that durability, I honestly doubted it was that strong, but I wanted to give myself an estimate to reach for.

Ten-thousand durability, twelve casts should clear at least one of these things.

I put all of my Mana into a Status Removal and cast a spell on Yakumo. My Mana disappeared in an instant, and I grunted at the sudden loss, immediately having to dive into Meditation for the bonus recovery, I checked Observe, but they both still remained. Yakumo drew in a sharp breath of air as the spell took effect, and she stared down at her hand strangely.

Status Removal has increased by 3.

"How are you feeling?" Tsunade said intently, "Any change to your vision? Or you hearing?"

"I feel better?" Yakumo said unsurely, "My body feels slightly more responsive, I think?"

Tsunade continued to ask questions and started noting down any notable changes and the time between each. With the combined effect of my natural mana recovery rate and the massive boost from Meditate, I was back to full Mana in around thirty seconds. I immediately full cast again and checked the window once more, no change.

Status Removal has increased by 1.

I idly listened to the two talking quietly, and neither of them made any attempt to engage me in conversation; Yakumo was probably uncomfortable with a stranger being next to her, and Tsunade probably thought I was trying to concentrate or something. I dumped all my Mana into another full cast, still nothing.

Status Removal has increased by 1.

Four full casts later, 'Weak Body' vanished, and I smiled but continued, making no mention to either of them. Yakumo was looking much healthier already, at least in her face; it had been somewhat pale and gaunt when I first saw her, but it was a darker shade of off pink now and seemed softer somehow.

Status Removal has increased by 1.

The levels were coming slower now, once every two casts, but the increase in durability damage was adding up, and the next time I cast, 'Chakra Personality Manifestation' vanished from her observe window.

I stood up abruptly, and Tsunade actually took a step back at the sudden movement. I clapped my hands, brushed them off like they were dusty, and then smiled down at the girl.

"Your body is as normal as anyone else's now, no more weakness to worry about, shouldn't have any more issues on that front, go be a ninja or whatever you young whippersnappers are want to do," I said easily, "The Chakra Personality Manifestation has also been eradicated, it's possible that it may return, so I would like you to report anything that might point towards a reemergence, seeing things, hearing things all that jazz, and Tsunade will be able to send someone to find me, okay?"

Yakumo just kind of stared, and I nodded once before turning to Tsunade, who was staring at me with narrowed eyes.

"I'm late for my trip now, totally your fault, by the way," I complained, "I'll probably be back in, uh, how far away is Wave from here, for a ninja?"

"A week either way," Tsunade said slowly.

"Also!" I said suddenly, "Which way is it?"

Tsunade stared at me, seemingly unable to comprehend the being known only as Sora before she pointed.

"I'll see you in a couple of weeks then, Tsunade," I said cheerfully. "If you see Karenbana make sure to tell her that having to guard myself on this trip makes her the shittiest bodyguard in the entire world!"

Tsunade didn't reply.