Chapter Six - Dreaming of Doctors

I spotted a large wooden ship with two masts on either end out on the ocean the next day and when I observed it Prince Michiru's name was right there in the middle of the summary. My time was up, and I would be making my move as soon as they docked.

The ship took its time coming in and I was on edge the entire time, Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, and Rock Lee were all on that ship. If I saw them in the flesh I wondered if this would feel more or less weird than it did now.

When the ship was a couple of minutes away from docking I turned towards the treeline and immediately got a notification.

Quest Unlocked
Save the King.
Reward - ???
Failure - Capture, Death.

I grit my teeth, why had it appeared now? If I hadn't figured any of this out, would I have still gotten the quest randomly? Or was it because I was moving to start it? I started making my way back to where the King was hidden and the instant I felt one of the guards randomly appear on the edge of my range I immediately dropped down into stealth.

Sneaky guard.

I slowly made my way closer but stayed amongst the trees, there were only six guards left in total, although one of the signatures was a lot stronger than the others, that would probably be the captain guy. The King's own signature was weak and warped from the chest downwards as it slowly faded.

I heard someone coming before I saw them, they weren't exactly being stealthy.

"The Prince is back!" A plain-clothed man called excitedly when he rushed out of the trees.

The guards all huddled around him and spoke in harsh tones before one disappeared inside to speak with the king. Almost five minutes passed before the man stepped back out and brought his men into another huddle. Something of an argument broke out, and I caught some words that led me to believe they were arguing about whether or not they should leave someone behind to look after the King.

The same stronger signature ducked back into the chamber and returned within thirty seconds this time shaking his head and putting an end to the argument. They all packed up their equipment and headed into the trees in the direction of the city, and the plain-clothed man went with them.

I felt them leave with my energy sense and waited another minute before stepping out of the bushes and slowly making my way up to the chamber. I took my time in case the King yelled out or something when I entered, but he didn't even notice me until I was halfway across the room.

"Who are you?" Kakeru Tsuki, King of the Land of the Moon rasped out from his bed. "Have you come to kill me?"

I shook my head and kneeled sat down next to his bed.

"Nope," I said easily, "and my name is Sora."

I Observed him silently and read through it all quickly.

Name: Kakeru Tsuki

Title: KingGender: Male.Age: 64Level: 20Next Level: 17.75%Health Points - 35/240Chakra Points - 10/10Vitality 24 Strength 21 Speed 22 Perception 29 Intelligence 63 Chakra 1 Status Effects: Petrified.Emotions: Despair. Hopelessness. Sadness.History: Kakeru Tsuki became the King when he was incredibly young after his father died during an ongoing conflict. Kakeru is a benevolent man whose youth shaped him into a kind and generous King. Kakeru seeks to raise his people's standard of living and hopes to eliminate poverty in the Land of the Moon. Kakeru has a son Michiru, and a grandson, Hikaru.