45: Break Up

“She's not here.” 'yun ang unang sabi ng nautusan ni Mr. Yoon pagkarating namin ng Han River.

We're both still waiting for Minkwan's call since he said that he'll also look for her somewhere that she thinks she may possibly go. I keep checking my phone to make sure i'm not missing his calls or messages.

I also private messaged Minji about this at baka sakaling sa kaniya ito pumunta. But she also told me she hasn't talked to her since last week because of the busy schedule packed for her. Where else could she be?!

“Baka naman lumabas na ng bansa 'yon, a?” said the guy, who was with us.

Umiling si Mr. Yoon, “She's a star for God's sake, Junyeo! The media will immediately report it if they see her inside the airport with her luggage!”

The media.. will immediately report.. something just came into my mind when he said that. I opened my phone once again and opened my data to search something. Something like, Rain eonni's latest issue released a few days or..

FIVΞ STΛR MINKWAN ADMITS HIS 1 RELATIONSHIP WITH RAINALINE HWANG RIGHT AFTER ANNOUNCING THEIR BREAK UP IN DECEMBER 14.

December 14? That was when we attended MAMA, right? They broke up? Was it he? Of course it's him! Who else would think of breaking up?! It can never be Rain, because she's deeply in love with him! He's the only reason why she's still here!

Humigpit ang hawak 'ko sa phone dahil doon. Most of the comments posted in this article were happy to hear about their break up. I can barely see a single comment talking about how sad Rain would feel for this. Not a single person did!

“Chaein,” Mr. Yoon gently touched my elbow to get my attention. “We're going to Minkwan's house. Don't you have any schedule to attend?”

Mr. Seo is on a leave because of the rumors spread about him. Mr. Park is still out of reach. The last time i heard about him was him, saying he'll pass the message. Maybe he's also taking a day off or something. So meaning, i can do whatever the hell i want.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and smiled, “Actually, i do. I'll go ahead..” i bowed my head and turned my back on them to immediately call for a taxi.

Gladly, walang nilagpasan ako at agad na huminto sa harap. The driver starts stepping on the gas kahit hindi 'ko sinasabi kung saan ako pupunta. I dialed Minkwan's number. Hoping that he'd answer right away.

“Ano?” masasabi 'kong tumatakbo siya ngayon habang sinagot ang tawag 'ko dahil sa pag hinga niya na parang kinakapos na. “Nahanap niyo ba?”

“Where are you? I'll go to you.”

“Oh, uh, do you know Haneul Park? It's somewhe — ” i hanged up and told the driver the address of where he should take me.

***

I searched for him all over the Haneul park while wearing my hoodie and mask. There's only a few people going here since it's weekdays, probably everyone's at their work or schools. I saw a hand waving at me, nalaman 'ko na lang na si Minkwan 'yon ay dahil nakatakip rin ang mukha niya ng cap at mask.