- twenty two -

it had been a little over two weeks since mingi and yunho had officially started dating and things were going better than ever. not even just for them, but for all of their friends. the boys were completely settled now, the fourth bedroom (which had become yeosang and jongho's room) completely finished. all of their relationships were going well, and the eight were excited that they could all go on dates together (although they usually opted not to, since it would be chaotic).

sena stayed over at least twice a week, and everyone enjoyed her presence. she was trying to figure out how to ask hana on a date, having never done so before. felix also spent a lot of time at the house (as he was having some issues at home and with his relationship) but no one minded at all. they were happy to be there for their friend.

mingi and yunho were curled up in bed, yunho's head resting on mingi's chest, their legs tangled together. the weather was beginning to get warmer, so the two laid with no blanket over them, mingi's chest bare. it was a quiet, blissful moment, one of which the two boys enjoyed (as their house was typically pretty loud).

"this is all i could ever ask for..." mingi spoke softly.

"you mean it?"

"of course i do, yunho... i liked you for well over a year before this happened. and despite everything that could have kept us from being together, i wouldn't change a thing. i love you more than words..."

"i love you too, you know... a-and i liked you too. before we started hooking up... before sena got here and i liked her... before she made me realize that despite my constant trying to get over you that it was always going to be you. it's always been you."

"so when we were both drunk out of our minds and hooked up the first time... that really wasn't an accident. our drunk selves really thought something would be made of it?"

"i guess so..."

"thank god that we were onto something back then," mingi chuckled, causing a bright smile on yunho's face. "but seriously... i'm so lucky, you're mine for crying out loud."

"i always will be, bub... i'm not going anywhere."

"you mean that?"

"i do."

"good, because i'm not going anywhere either."

the two boys smiled and locked lips, time pausing once more for them. they were truly each other's everything, and only time would go to prove that. everything that was once rotten was now good, and the boys couldn't be happier.

yunho started to pull away slightly, but only enough so he could look mingi in the eyes. the older boy smiled, then pressed a soft peck to mingi's lips before whispering softly to him.

"i love you.."

~ the end ~

________
a/n:
guess what! this is the last chapter >.<
would you guys like an epilogue???? i'm not sure if that is something of interest, but if it is, please leave a comment or message of some sort to let me know!

ALSO—
i left a bit of a cliffhanger for felix, who unintentionally became a bigger character than i initially meant for. i'm thinking of writing a changlix au in the future and connecting it to this ateez universe. nothings set in stone yet, but i think it will be pretty interesting to do!

in the meantime, i'm already writing a new au! i'm not sure when (or if) i will post it, but it is a woosan au! please let me know if you'd like for me to post it!

thank you again for reading my au, i appreciate it so, so much! if you have any suggestions for me to improve my writing, please message me! i love getting feedback on my work :)

i love you all so much! (even tho i'm not really sure how many people are reading this, haha!)

happy new year <3
- s.

[ edited ]