- eight -

mingi woke up the next morning and groaned a bit in pain, still feeling awful from the party. his head hurt, he still felt a bit nauseous, and most of all... his heart hurt. he sat up a bit and noticed yunho sleeping across the room in his beanbag chair. mingi sighed at the sight and then realized he was still in the clothes he had worn last night.

the boy quickly got up, grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom to get his day started. he showered and when he returned back to his room, yunho was awake.

"mingi.. feeling better?"

he shook his head. he was still feeling horrible.

"sit down, i'll change the sheets in your bed and then you can get some rest, yeah?" yunho said.

mingi hesitated, but obliged. yunho quickly changed the younger's sheets, fluffed his pillows a bit and then walked over to the boy, who was half asleep. yunho gently cupped his cheeks, the cold hands on mingi's warm cheeks waking the younger of the two up.

"you're really warm..." yunho whispered.

"y-you're cold..."

yunho quickly went to pull his hands away, but mingi only leaned into yunho's hands more.

"it feels good..." mingi mumbled, closing his eyes a little.

yunho smiled, then told mingi his bed was ready. mingi nodded and got up, making his way over to his bed. yunho sat at the edge of the bed when mingi was under his blankets and started to rub the younger's back.

"mingi... i'm sorry," he blurted out.

"f-for what?"

"for everything... for not seeing how hooking up was affecting you.. for ruining our friendship, all of it."

mingi sat up quickly, suddenly feeling as if he were going to pass out, and squeezed his eyes shut. yunho gently held his arm, worried that something would happen.

"i should've just said something, yunho.. it would've hurt both of us a lot less. i was stupid, i'm sorry."

"please... don't be sorry. it's okay, mingi. i just miss us being friends..."

"yeah... friends," mingi sighed under his breath.

"mingi, i care about you. you're my best friend. i can't lose you, okay? promise me i won't lose you..."

"i promise, yunho... i promise."

mingi pulled yunho into a hug seeing how fragile the boy looked, and yunho silently let a few tears out as he rested his head on mingi's shoulder. they had always protected each other, but yunho hadn't thought about protecting mingi in this situation, and it broke him to pieces.

mingi rubbed yunho's back and peppered the older's temple with soft kisses as he calmed down. mingi definitely wasn't feeling 100%, but he knew he had to help the older boy feel better. as his best friend, it was his duty.

when yunho had stopped crying, he looked tired. extremely tired, not even just physically. it was in that moment that mingi knew his treatment towards the boy had weighed both of them down.

"lay down..." mingi said softly, playing with yunho's silky hair.

"b-but.. what about you?"

"yunho, you look exhausted. please, lay down and get some rest. i'll be alright, i promise."

the older of the two hesitated, but gave in and laid down, his head resting on mingi's chest. mingi played with yunho's hair as he closed his eyes, drifting back to sleep.

mingi watched the boy sleep peacefully and then heard his phone vibrating on his bedside table. he picked up the phone and saw he had several messages from the boys.

big homo energy(+ jongho)

seonghwa
mingi-ah, how are you doing?
better than last night i hope?

wooyoung
yeah, are you feeling alright?
we were worried about you,,
everything okay?

yeosang
guys he's probably still
asleep, let's not blow up his
phone.

seonghwa
shit, you're right. sorry mingi

mingi
i'm okay guys, still not
my best but okay.

seonghwa
glad to hear it, is yunho
still with you?

mingi
yeah, he's here. rn he's
sleeping.

hongjoong
glad you're okay, mingi.
can you let yunho know
when he wakes up that i
texted him?

seonghwa
he will. it's mingi, for crying
out loud

jongho
behave you two.

mingi
woahhh did i miss
something??? what's up?

wooyoung
we kept playing truth or dare
after you and yunho left.
let's just say those two... yeah

mingi chuckled lightly at the conversation and yunho let out a small sound. the younger boy rubbed his back, not wanting for him to be woken up so soon. yunho didn't sleep for long, just until he felt like he could talk to mingi again without breaking down.

when he woke up, yunho knew he had to tell mingi about his crush on sena. it was only right.

"hey, yunho, joong says to check your phone. he texted you."

yunho nodded, sitting up.

"mingi.. i didn't want to say anything, but it's only right that i tell you..." yunho looked into mingi's eyes with big, sorrowful ones, and mingi felt his breath hitch at the sight.

"what's up?"

"i like sena.. a lot."

mingi chuckled, hiding his pain with a smile.

"i know, it's obvious. we all know, yunho."

"really?"

mingi nodded, causing a blush to form on yunho's cheeks.

"now check your phone, joong's waiting."

yunho nodded and checked his phone, then widened his eyes at the message.

"i need to go," he said, quickly getting up.

"what's happening? is joong okay?"

"no.. he's not. his— wait, not my story to tell. he's in a little bit of trouble, i need to get back to my place, he's already there."

"oh?"

"don't worry though, i'll tell you whatever i can once i really know what's going on. i'll text you later, yeah?"

mingi nodded and gently squeezed yunho's hand, allowing him to leave.

the younger texted seonghwa immediately after, letting him know everything that had happened and then he took a much needed nap.

____________
a/n:
a little bit of a filler chapter, but still some pretty good yungi moments..

that being said....... what do you think is happening with joong?? any thoughts???

as always, i hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3

[ edited ]