- epilogue -

** TW: read with caution, mention of rape **

~ 3 years later ~

having lived together for three years now, the group was happier than ever. that is.. except for yunho and mingi. the two were constantly fighting, and everyone was beginning to feel the negative energy between them. hongjoong was by far the most worried, making seonghwa a close second since he didn't enjoy his fiancé (yes, fiancé) being so stressed.

"we need to do something, hwa..." hongjoong said softly, cuddling into the older's side.

"there's not much we can do, love..."

"what if we lock them in their room together until they make up?"

"there's windows..."

"but- wait a second, we had to cut down that tree last year what am i saying?"

"if they're desperate they'll still try... we can't force them to stay together, y'know."

"but they were meant to be, hwa! we were all meant to end up in the relationships we're in right now. three years strong, each couple. they can't give up just yet.."

"baby, i know they're meant to be, but we can't force them into anything. they have to fix things themselves..."

"c'mon, come with me... we're locking them in, today."

"what are you—"

"changing their doorknob so the lock is on the outside."

seonghwa chuckled and followed hongjoong up the stairs to get to work on their little project. meanwhile, yeosang and jongho sat on the patio, eating lunch and enjoying each other's company on jongho's day off. yeosang still wasn't working, the last time he had tried to get a job he couldn't even get through the interview, and he was terrified of going to another. jongho was happy to get a job and help support himself and his friends (and of course his boyfriend), especially since his parents had moved out of town.

the couple was stronger than ever, and unlike the other three couples, they rarely ever had any downs. things were consistently looking up for them.

wooyoung and san were in their room, cuddling, when they heard seonghwa and hongjoong come upstairs. they had just recently celebrated being together for three and a half years, meaning it had been nearly four years since wooyoung saved san's life. the two were so happy, and san was planning on proposing to wooyoung in the very near future.

having heard seonghwa and hongjoong whispering, wooyoung got curious and stepped into the hallway to find out what they were talking about.

"what are you guys doing?"

"changing the doorknob around on mingi and yunho's door.." seonghwa explained.

"why?" san asked, wrapping his arms around wooyoung.

"so we can lock them in and make them talk shit out..." hongjoong muttered, continuing to work on the door.

"wait, that's smart!" wooyoung exclaimed.

"when are they getting home?" san asked.

"yunho said probably around two, so half an hour, maybe?" seonghwa said.

"perfect. good luck guys! now, i want more cuddles," wooyoung laughed, pulling on san's arm.

san chuckled and followed wooyoung back into their room, then closed the door.

hongjoong finished switching the doorknob minutes before yunho and mingi walked in, screaming at each other.

"i can't believe you! right in front of me?!" mingi yelled.