- eleven -

** TW: read with caution, self harm and suicidal thoughts mentioned late in the chapter **

as the days went on, felix and mingi got closer, and sena and yunho got closer as well. everything seemed good again, except for the lingering tension between hongjoong and seonghwa. hongjoong was still staying at mingi's, the two of them trying to figure out a way to get seonghwa over so hongjoong could apologize.

hongjoong, mingi and felix sat in a small circle in mingi's room, felix playing with mingi's fingers as a way to relax himself. today had been an especially bad day for felix, he had spoken to changbin for the first time since he was outed and could barely speak a full sentence without wanting to burst into tears.

"so how do i get seonghwa here? mingi, i can't bear to see him so upset anymore.. i don't even really know what i did.."

"joong... it's gonna be okay. i've talked to him a bit, i know what's going on.. he's needed some time, what you said really hurt him and it brought back some bad memories, okay? things from when he was in a really dark place. he's doing okay though, i've been making sure of it."

hongjoong sighed and buried his face into his hands.

"i really fucked up, didn't i?"

"you were both a bit tipsy, you just weren't thinking. it's okay, it's going to be okay.." he said softly, doing his best to console his friend.

felix looked really uncomfortable with the conversation and mingi couldn't figure out why, so he just pulled the small boy into his arms, allowing him to rest his head on mingi's shoulder.

"are you two a thing?" hongjoong blurted out.

"joong!" mingi whined, feeling felix tense up in his arms. "we're just friends... things have just been rough for him lately and you know how i am..."

"oh yeah, mr. empathy," hongjoong laughed.

felix smiled a bit when hongjoong said this and mingi felt his breath hitch at the sight of the boy's smile. he looked beautiful, mingi really hoped that he would confess to changbin soon and the two would end up together. seeing felix happy made him happy.

"mingi? can you get seonghwa here?" felix asked quietly.

"what? felix, why?" mingi asked.

"trust me, okay? i have a plan.." felix said with a bright smile.

hongjoong began to smile a bit, and when mingi noticed this, he agreed to follow whatever felix's plan was.

"mingi, call seonghwa. go downstairs to do that, i have to tell hongjoong what he needs to do."

mingi nodded and left the room, then hongjoong looked at felix.

"so, what's the plan?" he asked.

"first of all, change into something that doesn't look like you're going to wear it to sleep," felix chuckled. "i've seen you at school, i know you have style."

hongjoong nodded and went to get up.

"wait, there's more. seonghwa can't know you're here. he won't want to come in. park your car down the street, and go get him some flowers or chocolates or something. whatever he likes."

"how much time do i have?"

"well.. i know that seonghwa is tutoring yeosang. i'm in the class yeosang is failing and i saw him texting seonghwa to meet today. they're probably gonna have to meet for longer than usual, yeosang was practically in tears today trying to understand what we were learning."

hongjoong frowned a little knowing his friend was struggling and he had previously laughed about it.

"you should probably have about an hour before seonghwa can get here."