- eighteen -

the boys all stayed at mingi's that night, too worried about jongho to leave his side. wooyoung and yeosang had gone over to yeosang's the next morning to grab some fresh clothes for the boy, as he didn't have any with him, and in the time they were away, jongho took a shower.

he had to force himself not to cry and scream out in pain so that his friends didn't worry. the water felt both soothing and painful as it hit his skin. he carefully washed his body and hair and heard a knock on the door as he was rinsing off.

"jjong?" yeosang called out quietly.

"you can come in, bub.. it's okay."

the door opened and closed and jongho heard the light patter of yeosang's feet on the floor.

"i brought you some fresh clothes... i hope what i chose is alright."

"i'm sure it's perfect, sangie. hey, c'mere," jongho beckoned, sticking his head out of the shower.

yeosang nervously moved toward the boy, chewing on his lip. jongho could tell he was feeling a little anxious, but had no idea as to why.

as yeosang approached, jongho gently cupped the boy's cheeks with his wet hands, causing yeosang to scrunch his nose.

"you're so cute," jongho chuckled, instantly regretting his laughter as he sucked in a pained breath.

"oh shhh..." yeosang muttered, blushing. "hurry and get out of the shower. you look tired and in pain.."

"wait... gimme a kiss."

"j-jongie..."

the two had yet to share their first real kiss, they had only ever kissed each other's cheeks and such. yeosang was a bit scared about kissing jongho, he wasn't sure what to expect, and after having such a good first kiss with mingi, he had high expectations.

"sangie, don't worry. i don't mean that, i mean a kiss on the cheek. we don't have to rush things..." jongho soothed.

yeosang calmed himself down and nodded, kissing jongho's cheek sweetly.

"i'll be downstairs, call down if you need anything," yeosang told the boy, a small smile on his face.

jongho nodded and yeosang left the room, heading downstairs to where the boys all sat.

it was only wednesday, but after the events of the day prior, none of them could bring themselves to go to school and they collectively agreed on staying at mingi's until they felt ready to go back. mingi had a fairly large house, so it worked out perfectly for the group.

"how is he?" san asked, mentally cursing himself for not remaining closer to the younger throughout the years they had known each other.

"he's good..." yeosang sighed. "i'm worried though... i don't know if he should go back to school at all this year..."

"sangie... hey, it's gonna be okay," wooyoung reassured the boy. "that's not a decision for you to make, it's gonna be up to him."

"but what if he—"

"yeosang, stop it. i love you, you know that, but you can't keep going with these what if scenarios. i know you can't necessarily help it, but you need to find something that will help you get rid of them. it's hurting you more than you need to be hurting..." mingi said, frustrated.

yeosang stared at him in shock and yunho quickly ushered mingi out of the room and to his bedroom, almost getting mad at him for what he had done.

"mingi... don't you think that was a little harsh? you know how yeosang gets..."