- twenty one -

they boys had all started to move their things over to their new home, beginning to settle in, and the fourth bedroom was under construction a week after they had made things official. things were a bit crazy, but everything was finally feeling like it was meant to be.

mingi had been planning the perfect date to take yunho on, and today was the day. he was going to surprise the older boy with lunch and a walk in the park, followed by a movie at home.

"yunho... bub, wake up," mingi said softly, shaking the sleeping boy.

yunho groaned and shook his head, hiding his face in his pillow. mingi chuckled and kissed the boy's temple, then shook him lightly again.

"i'm taking you out, you need to get ready..."

"but i wanna sleep," yunho mumbled, pouting.

"you can get some more rest later, i'm finally taking you on that date i asked you on."

"you... what?"

"did you think i forgot or something?"

"a little bit, yeah," yunho said shyly, finally beginning to wake up a bit.

"i just wanted to make sure it would be perfect, love. i could never forget about something as big as this."

yunho sat up a little and pulled himself on top of mingi so that he was straddling the boy. mingi smiled at his actions and yunho started to press kisses to every inch of mingi's face, causing soft chuckles from the latter. mingi held yunho's hips and tugged him the slightest bit closer, then pressing a gentle kiss to the older's lips. when they pulled apart, they smiled and got up from the bed, starting their day.

they ate a small breakfast, then started to get ready. mingi was done quickly, but yunho couldn't seem to decide on what to wear, causing laughter from the younger.

"it's not funny," yunho whined. "help me.."

"baby... just wear what you want. nothing too fancy, okay? oh, and make sure it'll keep you warm."

"are we doing something outside?" yunho asked curiously.

"not telling, it's a surprise. can't a guy just want his baby to be warm and cozy?" mingi joked a bit.

"pleaseeeeee," yunho pouted.

"it's a surprise, bub. just put something you like on," mingi said softly, pressing a soft kiss to yunho's cheek.

"but shouldn't you like it too?"

"i like everything you wear. it's on you, isn't it?"

"that was cheesy," yunho laughed, causing a bright smile to appear on mingi's face.

"that was the whole point, now go get dressed, love."

yunho nodded and went back to his clothes, digging through a few more things before deciding on an outfit and putting it on. mingi just watched the boy in awe, admiring his every move. yunho didn't seem to notice, as he didn't grow tense when he pulled off his shirt like he usually did.

mingi never truly understood why the boy was so insecure about his stomach. he was built well, slim and toned, his skin soft and beautiful. mingi loved every inch of yunho, and only wanted for yunho to love himself the same way.

"you're perfect, y'know," mingi said softly as yunho slipped on the shirt he had chosen.

"perfect doesn't exist, mingi..." yunho asserted, his voice soft and slightly shaky.

"maybe not to you, but you're what i believe is perfect. i always will."

mingi walked over to yunho and wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him close. yunho sighed and looked away, feelings of insecurity overwhelming him.

"look at me, yunho..."

yunho obliged and looked into mingi's eyes, which seemed to make all of his fears go away.

"i love every inch of you. it sounds cheesy, i know, but i mean it. you are the most beautiful person i've ever laid eyes on. no one will ever compare to you, my love. you got that?"

yunho nodded and cuddled into mingi's arms, not really knowing how to respond. all he knew was that mingi was his person, and he only proved it more and more with time.

"can we go out now?" yunho asked quietly, his head resting on mingi's shoulder.

"of course we can. let's go, yeah?"

yunho nodded and the two headed out of the house, mingi grabbing seonghwa's car keys on the way out.

"why are we taking seonghwa's car? why not mine?"

"i've driven seonghwa's car before, that's why. i don't want to be all nervy because i'm driving a different car on our first date," mingi laughed. "you know me, i don't drive much.. i just want everything to go well today."

"i get that... and i appreciate you driving, i know you don't like driving a lot and i'm just grateful that our date is something that makes you want to drive. i-i hope that makes sense..."

"it does. thank you, love..."

"don't thank me, yeah? i'm proud of you for this."

the two got on their way and mingi drove them to a restaurant near their old middle school. the two had met in the seventh grade, shortly after hongjoong had met yunho. the school held a lot of memories for them, so mingi found a restaurant nearby so they could reminisce a bit after they ate.

yunho's eyes lit up when he saw the school a little ways down the street.

"mingi..."

"yes, my love?"

"this is perfect... oh my god, what did i do to deserve you?"

"thought you said perfect doesn't exist," mingi joked, threading his fingers through yunho's.

"looks like i was wrong... i love you, you know. so much..."

"i love you more.."

the two boys went inside and were seated, making conversation while they looked at the menu and decided what they were going to get. their orders were taken and soon they had food in front of them. the boys ate in a comfortable silence, the only thing on their minds being the presence of one another. everything felt perfect in that moment, and for once, it didn't feel like something would ruin it for them.

the two finished eating and mingi paid, then they walked over to the middle school.

"can you believe it's been four and a half years since we met?" yunho asked.

"it barely feels like a minute... time passed so quickly."

"i'm just so lucky to have you in my life, mingi.. i can't even explain it."

"i'm even luckier... four and a half years ago you asked me if i wanted to be friends, you asked the new kid at school a question that ended up changing both of our lives. and now... it's my turn for questions. yunho, will you finally be my boyfriend?"

"yes... always yes."

___________
a/n:
fun fact which i think is cute, this chapter (excluding this a/n) is 1117 words. currently crying over that :')

anywaysssss yungi is finally official! we love that for them :') that means that this au is coming to a close pretty shortly! i've really enjoyed writing this & i hope you enjoyed reading it!!! one more chapter to go!

[ edited ]