Suffocatingly Gleeful. (P. Stump x Reader)

For: my lovely friend Sunset-In-My-Veins

Request: It's nowhere near Christmas it's literally still November would you calm down about Christmas wait no why are you getting the tree out – no, stop, please stop

I'm thinking this could be a good Patrick idea?

note: day five of the twelve days of christmas! :) x

REQUESTS ARE CLOSED.

Every year.

Every. Single. Year.

Every year without fail, you would drive Patrick crazy with your over the top, suffocatingly gleeful Christmas spirit. He wasn't anti-Christmas at all – he liked the holiday as much as the next person – but your zeal made the holiday season something he had come to dread.

It wasn't that he didn't enjoy doing festive activities and getting in the spirit with you; it was just that you were busy all the time. At any given time during the month of December, you could be found doing some kind of Christmas-related activity and quite frankly, it was exhausting.

At least, it was to your boyfriend.

You, on the other hand, seemed to run on some peppermint-fuelled never ending energy source.

It was straining to try and keep up with and with each passing year, Patrick found it to be more and more difficult. He found himself wishing that you'd kick the Chrismas cheer a notch or two down, just so that he at least had a chance of matching your energy.

That's why when this year's festive season began drawing nearer and nearer and you had yet to utter a single word about Christmas, he was lulled into a false sense of security. But on the fateful morning of November 29th, he received an extremely rude awakening.

Literally.

"What the hell..." Patrick woke with a start, the music blaring downstairs causing him to jolt into a sitting position on the bed.

The singer rubbed his eyes, then ruffled his hair while attempting to fully shake off his slumber and focus on his surroundings. A quick glance at the empty space next to him told him that you were already awake, and were most likely the cause of his unwanted alarm.

"Oh," a long, tired moan left his mouth as he swiped his hand over the nightstand in search of his glasses. Once he found them, he slipped them onto his face and relunctantly climbed out of bed. "It's that time again."

Bracing himself for what he was about to encounter downstairs, he drew in a deep breath and zombied out of your shared bedroom and down the wooden stairs. Much like he'd expected, you were in front of the music system, tuning the various knobs to ensure that your Christmas playlist was receiving the proper treatment.

The chorus of 'Last Christmas' blasting through the speakers muffled Patrick's groans of agony, and you were only alerted to his presence when you felt his hand on your shoulder.

"Oh," you spun around to greet him with a smile, "morning, baby."

"Morning." He placed a chaste kiss on your lips. Side-eying the stereo, he cleared his throat and rubbed up and down your arm. "What, uh... whatcha doin'?"

He knew what you were doing. He knew damn well. The only reason he asked was because he had the tiniest shred of hope that maybe – just maybe– he was wrong.

He wasn't.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" you scoffed, then gestured to the music system, "I'm preparing for Christmas."

"It's nowhere near Christmas-"

Not giving him a chance to finish, you pulled a piece of paper from your pocket and held it in front of his face. "And look!" You unfolded it and pointed out the list you made. "I already have everyone's gifts planned out and here's a couple new recipes I wanna try."

Glancing over your intricate list, Patrick arched his brows and blinked slowly. It was so early in the morning. So early. His brain couldn't forge an appropriate response even if he tried.

That didn't bother you, though, and you continued babbling on about your plans for the upcoming weeks.

"Okay but it's literally still November-"

"OH and did I mention that there's this cute little market that's coming to town? Josh told me about it and I can't wait for us to go," you beamed, pulling up some images of said market on your phone.

Patrick had to admit that it did look pretty charming but again – it was far too early for all of this festivity. He reached for your half-full cup of coffee on the edge of the stand and took a huge gulp.

"Ugh, and can you imagine how good we're gonna look on the cards this year?" you sighed dreamily, closing your eyes to visualize it.

"Would you calm down about Christmas- wait, no- why are you getting the tree out-" He set the cup down and hurriedly rushed over to stop you from dragging the tree and décor out from the storage closet. "No, stop, please stop-"

The singer was silenced by the tree landing in his arms, branches blocking his view of you. You proceeded to gather the necessary boxes filled with ornaments and tinsel before shooing Patrick back into the living room area.

"Come on," you huffed, dropping the box to the floor and brushing the hair from your face, "If we hurry, we can get it up before-"

"Before we do anything else," Patrick held up his hands and walked forward to cup your face with them, "How about we do breakfast?"

"Oo, but I wanna-"

"I'll cook your Christmas favourites," he bargained, arching his brows enticingly.

"Sold."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x