A Very Bodyguard Christmas 2.0. (ymbnmo!B. Urie x Reader)

For: @KaylaBignall

Request: They're stationed somewhere warm for the holidays and (y/n) makes it snow for Christmas, just for the two of them. Cute

REQUESTS ARE CLOSED.

Propped up on the windowsill of the front window overlooking the rolling green hills, you heaved a heavy sigh and let your forehead fall forward against the glass. It was Christmas season – the best time of the year – and you'd had the misfortune of being called in for an emergency mission.

Stationed in a primitive cabin far out in the remote countryside, you were about as far away from festivities as one could get. No snow, no carols, no decorations whatsoever – not even anything that could pass for a Christmas tree. And to top it all off, you were holed up indoors with the most un-Christmassy, grinchy person on planet Earth.

"Sighing every ten seconds is not gonna change a damn thing, you know," a cold, irritated voice sounded from behind you.

Turning to glare at him, you let out an overexaggerated, extra drawn out sigh. He rolled his eyes in response, unfolding his arms and walking over to join you by the window. Placing one hand on the top frame, he bent down and squinted to peer out into the distance.

You resumed looking, too, but other than green grass and distant rolling rivers, there was nothing to see. Brendon and you were the only people for miles.

"What I wouldn't give to be chugging down egg nog and watching Home Alone right now," you mumbled, pulling your sleeves down your hands and resting your head in your open palm.

"I literally cannot think of anything worse."

Picking up a throw pillow from a nearby armchair, you tossed it at the brooding agent's face. He deflected it without even looking.

"Oh, piss off, Scrooge," you hissed. "No one likes a grinch."

Arching one brow, he scoffed lightly. "You liked me just fine when we were making out."

"yOu LiKeD mE jUsT fInE wHeN wE wErE mAkInG oUt- Shut up." Sliding off the windowsill, you started for the couch. "Go make me some hot chocolate or something."

"Excuse me?" he frowned, irritation evident in his voice, "You don't tell me what to do."

You brushed him off with waving hand movements before grabbing a blanket and curling up on the couch. The silent and peaceful atmosphere was enough to put anyone at ease, and you dozed off a couple minutes after settling down.

When you awoke a while later, slowly opening your heavy eyelids, the first thing you saw was Brendon kneeling by the fireplace with a poker in hand, nursing the flames. On the coffee table just in front of you, a mug of hot chocolate topped with mini-marshmallows sat waiting.
Smiling droopily, you pulled the blanket from your body and swung your legs off the couch. One of your hands flew to your mouth to stifle a yawn, as the other brushed your hair back.

Sensing you, Brendon turned his head. "Oh, look who finally decided to participate in this mission."

You flipped him off, and he returned to attacking the fire with the poker. Picking up the mug, you reveled in the warmth for a moment before taking a sip.