Market. (J. Dun x Reader)

note: day four of the twelve days of christmas! :) x

REQUESTS ARE CLOSED.

It was a clear, crisp night; the air had just the right amount of chill to it, and the sky sparkled with hundreds of blinking stars – a perfect winter's night. The local Christmas market was merry and bright, with all kinds of delicious smells flooding the air and lively music playing in the background. You and your boyfriend strolled through the grounds at a leisurely pace, his right hand clasped lovingly around yours as his left held a firm grip on the dog leash secured around Jim's neck.

Turning to gaze at the man walking next to you, a wild grin burst across your face as you thought about just how happy you were. You saddled up against his side, close enough to smell his cologne over all the other unfamiliar and wonderful scents of the market.

"I'm so glad we could do this," you beamed, earning a smile and kiss on your forehead as a response.

"Me too," Josh agreed, pulling you closer, "It was exactly what I needed. And by the looks of it, exactly what Jim needed too."

A short laugh slipped past your lips as you looked down and observed the affectionate waggle of your dog's tail, and the way he was strutting along excitedly. The three of you were approaching a stall that had the most beautiful handcrafted wooden ornaments on display, and you tugged Josh toward it.

Picking up a small wooden reindeer whose painted details shimmered vibrantly under the fairy lights, you turned to catch your boyfriend staring at you as if you were one of the stars in the night sky. You scrunched up your nose and held the ornament up for him to see.

"I think he'd look great on the mantle, don't you think, babe?" you queried, pouting your lips slightly so as to guilt him into agreeing.

Whether he agreed or not, he handed the vendor a couple bills and thanked him, leaving you to happily deposit the reindeer into your bag. Recapturing his hand in yours, you led him further into the array of stalls.

Twisting through the beautiful wooden stands, treading carefully so as not the slip on the icy stones beneath your feet, you suddenly came to a halt. Completely captivated by the delicious smells, you backtracked a bit, dragging Josh along with you, and turned to stare in the direction of the wide selection of sweet treats on offer.

"Ooo, I needsome of those," you hummed, closing your eyes as you revelled in the sweet aromas.

"Uh... I think our child had the same idea."

Your eyes opened immediately, your head whipping around so fast you almost injured yourself; there, five feet away, galloping like a horse and heading straight for the cake stalls, was Jim.

Josh and you stared at each other for a moment, then simultaneously started running after Jim and yelling out his name. The animal paid no attention to either of you – he was far too intent on getting himself some treats – and dashed through the crowds of people so fast that all you could see was flashes of golden brown as he sprinted.

"Excuse me, sorry, pardon me, so sorry," Josh mumbled apologies to the people he unceremoniously shoved out of the way as he attempted to catch up to your dog.

You weren't far behind him, calling out to Jim and whistling to try and get his attention. He was generally a stellarly behaved dog, but tonight that was most definitely not the case. The dog was a maniac.

By the time the two of you eventually caught up to him, the snow was falling in earnest. Josh dove forward and managed to wrap Jim up in his arms just before the animal could leap up and swipe a couple danishes from the nearest stall. You scurried up to them, clasping the leash back onto his collar.

"Gotcha, you little minx!" you exclaimed, out of breath from the unexpected round of cardio you'd just done. Even though the snow was falling, you were sweating, and wiped a gloved hand across your forehead.

"I've never chased that hard after anyone," Josh breathed exasperatedly, ruffling the dog's coat before cocking a brow at you, "Not even you."

You wheezed. "Yeah, I beg to differ."

"Oh? I-"

"Don't make me pull out the reciepts, Jishwa."

Holding up his hands in defense, your boyfriend relented and went back to snuggling your dog. When you weren't looking, he mumbled to Jim. "She's got nothing."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x