As soon as classes were done, Ethaline had plans to go see Hagrid again so she could check in on the flower creatures. So, when she was done with the last class, she excused herself from her friends.

"Where are you going?" Pansy asked, her head leaned to the side in a questioning manner. "Off to see the little critters?" She asked, half jokingly.

Ethaline nodded, "Of course." She said as she gripped her bag, "Would you mind taking this to our dorm?" She asked with a small smile, "Please?"

Pansy sighed, "Of course." She said as she took it before heading off.

Theo on the other hand was busy trying to talk to a Hufflepuff that he didn't see her slip out the castle and make her way down the steep hill. It was then she understood why her father had a cane, perhaps one day she could get one if she was going to make trips like these.

She saw the friendly giant and waved at him, "Hello Hagrid!" She greeted happily, "How are you—"

For some reason, Ethaline didn't register the alarmed look on his face and tried to motion for her to leave when the doors opened and there was Harry and Hermione. The sight of them together made Ethaline want to vomit. It was always a fifty-fifty guess on who the bushy brunette fancied.

Ron Weasley was, Ethaline would be the first to admit it, attractive. His red hair and sense of humor was enough to swoop a girl off her feet. As well as Harry Potter. His taste for recklessness and defying authority figures would label him as a semi bad boy because he was also a good person.

And he wasn't...entirely unattractive.

He was built well as he played Quidditch and Oliver Wood was very persistent with their workouts. She saw that with the Weasley twins and Theo. Not to mention, Ethaline just liked brunettes in general—not that she fancied Harry Potter. She just thought he had nice hair and pretty eyes.

Ethaline waved at them awkwardly, "I'll just be going then..." she said as she began to walk away.

"Actually, you have detention with me." Hagrid lied, "Moody said you were disturbing his class."

Ethaline furrowed her eyebrows, "Th—" she stopped herself mid-sentence. She wasn't going to tell on her friend Theo and accepted her punishment in silence. Hagrid sent her a small reassuring smile as they trudged along.

Harry and Hermione scowled at the ground, not happy with her company as they made their way through the forest. "Does she really have to be here Hagrid?" Harry asked in a low tone as Ethaline walked a couple feet behind them.

Hagrid had sworn not to tell anyone about Ethaline visiting his hut and helping him with the animals and instead said, "Be more kind with her, I get that her family has done some things to you guys—"

"Calling me a mudblood." Hermione said.

"Giving Ginny the Tom Riddle notebook," Harry added, "Possibly putting my name in the Goblet, her father tried to kill me in the middle of the hall, Malfoy tries to bully us whenever he can—"

Hagrid eyed him carefully, "Notice how you didn't say her name in any of them."

"She defends Malfoy." Hermione said in disbelief, "Can't believe you're siding them."

"Not them," Hagrid corrected, "Just her."

Harry didn't ask further questions, his hands clenched beside him as he glanced back and saw her leaning down to pick something up. He looked even more closely and saw a bright light from her wand emerge.

He instantly rushed to her and gripped her wrist, "What are you doing?" He asked, his tone low as Ethaline jumped at the contact. She instantly pulled away.

"None of your business." She quickly said, her tone defensive as she pushed past him gently and walked ahead.

Harry looked down and saw a small creature scurry away. He was fuming by then, his hands clenched as he caught up to them. Of course, she would try to hurt the poor creature for her amusement.

Hagrid led them to their destination and Ethaline's eyes grew in disbelief, an audible gasp escaping her lips as a smile formed. "Dragons." She whispered, trying to get a better sight of them as she stepped on a massive tree root.

She truly never felt joy like that moment as she watched them from afar.

Harry on the other hand choked on air, "Dragons?! That's the first challenge?" He asked in disbelief as Hagrid nodded his head.

"They're beautiful." Ethaline whispered, inching closer to see and not seeing the missing root before she nearly fell when Harry grabbed her arm.

Hermione on the other hand narrowed her eyes, "Dragons?! That's absurd!" She said, not noticing Ethaline and choosing to ignore her.

Harry let her go quickly as she dusted herself off and continued to look at them, her face warm from the fires they were letting go as their captors gripped the chains. Ethaline then felt a wave of anger wash over her, as she witnessed them get whipped.

No, she thought as she took a step forward. If only I could get a little closer...just a little closer to let them loose. Then again, that would endanger people—but the poor Dragons, her thoughts were conflicting as she watched helplessly.

"Just come a little closer, I would love to see you." She whispered as a large white and scaly dragon also known as the Hungarian Horntail turned to face her. She jumped back slightly, her eyes wide as it roared and tried to move over to her.

"We have to go; it seems they've spotted us." Hagrid's voice brought her back, "Come on." He told them before a loud cry was heard from the dragon as it fought against the chains.

Charlie Weasley led the other wizards, telling them to perform a stunning spell on the count of three.

One.
Two.
Three.

Ethaline's eyes widened, her eyes watering as she watched. The dragon flapped its wings as best as it could only to get shot down. Its head fell hard against the enchanted fence, its wide split eyes looking directly at Ethaline.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, getting pulled gently by Hagrid.

"We have to go."

Ethaline nodded, refusing to make eye contact as she glanced once more at the Horntail and followed them. Hermione was busy listing everything bad with the tournament while Harry thought about what he saw regarding the smaller creature and Ethaline's reaction to the dragon.

It was, peculiar to say the least.

Once they were back at the school, Ethaline left without another word, not looking at anyone as she walked up the mountain. Hermione rolled her eyes but stayed silent.

Before Harry walked up the hill he was stopped by Hagrid.

"Remember what I said," Hagrid said, "She isn't bad."

"I guess we'll see," Harry replied.