THE MALFOY'S

______

______

  The Malfoy twins stepped foot outside did the carriage taking them to their Manor, their parents waiting for them on the steps as their bags were carried by servants. Not a single tear or smile welcomed them, not a single light but the opposite. 

A single hug was exchanged between everyone before their father gave them a stern look, almost pleading them to stay neutral as they walked in. He couldn't say anything, he would have heard them.

As soon as the door opened, a light chatter was heard in the open dining room and when they walked in, they saw him there. Ethaline nearly dropped Draco's hand; her eyes wide as she saw the creature in front of her.

Voldemort rose from his seat, a sinister smile on his lips as Narcissa urged them to go to their rooms. "I'll have dinner brought up to you." She whispered and the twins nodded, to shocked to protest.

As they approached their doors, Ethaline looked at Draco whose room was directly in front of hers. They looked into each other's eyes, almost as if they were reading each other's mind before they pushed their doors opened and stepped in.

With Ethaline in her room, Draco in the other Narcissa and Lucius didn't know who to talk to first. The Dark Lord's departure left them at ease before they summoned their kids and asked for them to meet them down in the library.

Ethaline was dressed in a black, not drinking from whatever glass was set in front of her as she took her seat. Draco did the same, adjusting his blazer before he sat down.

There was silence, the only sound was the quite cracks of the fire burning just beside them. Ethaline was the first one to speak up, "While we searched for you..." her soft voice echoed in the cold room, "At the game you were doing..."

Narcissa held her head high as Lucius spoke, "I heard rumors he was back. And I made an effort to assemble my allegiance—"

"You were there the night Cedric Diggory died, weren't you?" Ethaline asked again, cryptic with the way she spoke so she wouldn't give herself away, "That's what Harry Potter said—"

"And what of the paper that horrid Skeeter wrote?" He asked, his tone sharp, "The one where you speak to dragons. What if that?"

Ethaline sat up straighter, "I do not know how I came to that revelation, it was out of instinct and I wasn't aware of it—"

"Don't not lie to me!"

"I'm not lying!" She said, her chest rising deeply as she exhaled shakily, "I wasn't aware that I possessed that ability until the day of. Though I imagine your new employer is aware of it...of me."

Narcissa's face faltered, her gaze falling as Lucius nodded. "He is...most proud of your ability," he said slowly as Draco's eyes snapped towards him.

"Of hers? What of me?"

"Your initiation to the ranks will be postponed per your mothers request—"

"And I am to be thrown in with the rest of them?" Ethaline asked, her voice wavering as she shot up from her seat, "Do I not get a say in whether or not I want to participate—"

"Your participation is required." Lucius said sharply, "It always have been. You're a Malfoy, a Malfoy supports what I do—what generations before me did!"

Ethaline felt her eyes water as she glanced at Draco, "I won't." She whispered, almost inaudibly. "My whole life you've chosen Draco over me and only when it's convenient for you—you want me."

Lucius flared his nostrils, "What are you saying—be careful of your next words you foolish...child." He breathed out; his voice panicky as Ethaline inhaled sharply.

"I won't be compliant or obedient to the man who killed a fellow peer or mine, who continues to torment muggle borns or—"

"Ethaline I'm warning you—"

"...or who fights for the superiority of pure-blooded families—an antiquated notion forced onto Draco and I as well as you so you would feel special!" She raised her voice, "I will not side with the Dark Lord."

There was a silence as Draco stared at his sister like she was an alien transported into the room. Lucius let out a nasty laugh, leaning on his cane for support, "I asked Theodore for one thing—one bloody thing and he couldn't do that."

Ethaline furrowed her eyebrows, "W-what?"

Narcissa's eyes widened as she looked at her husband, "What are you saying? What did you ask of him?" She demanded.

Draco was beyond confused as he finally stood up, not getting close to Ethaline to give the wrong idea. She had made her bed, now she had to lay in it. He thought, though he couldn't imagine his life without her. He needed her. In his own way...he loved her, she was his flesh and blood.

They shared the same womb but not the same views.

"I asked Knott's boy to brew something for me, he's brilliant with potions and feed them to Ethaline so she wouldn't be saying this—this nonsense!" He said, "To tarnish everything I've worked for because she grew a conscience."

Ethaline's eyes widened, "You...vile...cruel..." she tripped over her words, her heart dropping to the pit of her stomach as she looked down at herself, "He used me."

A feeling of digits formed over her, "He was my...my boyfriend".

Draco connected the dots, his blood boiling in anger as Narcissa stumbled back. "His assignment was to keep you on track...any other notion was entirely his own my dear," he dismissed.

"Now even more I won't listen to you." Ethaline spat, her vision clouding itself as she backed away from them. "You're using me and I'm done! Do you hear me?! I'm done being your tool, your second choice and your convenient little helper. You have shown me time and time again that you do not care for me therefore I will do the same."

Lucius took a step forward, "It's foolish of you to think you have a choice."

Ethaline felt a pull outside, her heartwarming as a different feeling washed over her. "I don't know what lie you'll tell your leader because I know you won't go through the embarrassment of losing your daughter but I truly...truly hope it's a damn good one." She said before a loud roar was heard outside.

The Manor shook, their wands out and ready to duel as the window broke and inside peaked a dragon. "No." Lucius whispered in disbelief as they all backed away.

"Come with me Draco." Ethaline pleaded, turning to face her twin. "Come with me and we can be free of them."

Draco didn't respond, instead he shook his head. "I-I can't."

Ethaline's face fell, "Very well." She whispered, "I love you brother, even though you're the same as Father and mother..." Ethaline said nothing as she stared at her, a bitter look on her face before she climbed the large claw sticking through.

And without another look She mounted the dragon on its back and flew to the only place that welcomed her.

Hogwarts.