DUMLEDORE'S ARMY

____

____

"It's been weeks since I've last seen her." Harry muttered to Hagrid, "She's been ignoring me completely. Someone has brought her assignments—she doesn't even come out for lunch!" 

Hagrid sighed, "Give her some time." He grunted, "She's hurt—feels betrayed and she lost the thing she valued most. Little Azura." He reminded him, he also liked the dragon because he has always wanted one, "I'm sure she'll come around." 

"For such a nice girl she holds a tremendous grudge." Harry muttered as he threw a rock into the lake as Hagrid then gave him a side eye. 

"Words been going around about you and Cho." He said as Harry furrowed his eyebrows and blushed a deep red. 

It was true, he and a certain brunette had been getting closer. Cedric's death brought them together and he had to admit he also fancied her. But whenever he would find himself in a situation with her—alone, his mind would revert to Ethaline. He would then find himself looking at Cho and noticing everything that's different from Ethaline. 

He imagined her sitting at the window, looking out to where Azura slept during the summer or how she only slept on one side because Azura took the other one. The dragon and her had bonded emotionally, it was the one thing no one could take from her and they did. 

She was gone. 

Harry would sometimes find himself at her door, his hand in a mid-knock before he fled. He was truthfully scared, scared she'd lash out at her. His relationship with Ron and Hermione bettered, it was back to normal but not with Ethaline. He underestimated the blonde's bond with her dragon. 

"We're just friends." Harry said as he threw another rock in, "Just a classmate." 

Hagrid chuckled deeply, "I suppose so." He said, glancing knowingly at the youngest boy before Harry headed back up towards the castle to meet his friends.

As he approached the common room, he saw Neville and Luna holding what looked like flowers and snacks. He then recognized the candy cakes and realized who it was for.

Harry still asked, "Where are you headed?"

Neville looked up, "Oh we're going to see Ethaline—yeah she needs her muggle book. Luna was coming to deliver some snacks so we thought why not go together." He said nervously as Luna blinked.

"Yes."

Harry nodded, "Well..." he got an idea, "Why don't I help you up. You look like you need help and I was headed to the common room anyway." He said as Neville glanced around nervously. 

"I don't think that's a good idea." He said as Harry shook his head. "She told us she didn't want to see you..."

"Nonsense, come on." He said as he grabbed the candy cakes, "She's not going to see me but what kind of a person would I be if I let you carry all of this." He said as they began to walk up.