ANDROMEDA COMES HOME

____

____

Ethaline didn't go into the house that night, she stayed with her dragons just as they slept. Azura was the only one away awake with her, trying to push the bowl of food towards her.

"I don't want food Azura," Ethaline sighed, holding herself as she leaned on the dragon. "I just..."

The sound of leaves crunching beneath someone's shoe startled her and they all immediately got up, Ethaline grabbed her wand, her heart racing before she saw who it was.

"It's just me." Harry said quietly, holding something in his hands as the dragons lowered their guard down and laid back down.

Harry held candy cakes, "Had the twins bring them from your favorite store." He said as he sat down next to her. "Where we went with Sirius."

Ethaline moved away from him.

Harry shook his head, "Don't..." he whispered, "Don't distance yourself from me."

"How couldn't I?" Ethaline's voice cracked. "I became the one thing I always feared. A murderer." She whispered, "It wasn't me who did it physically but I gave the order—"

"To protect the people." Harry chimed in, "You didn't do it for pleasure, you did it to protect people—innocent people."

   Harry couldn't see her as the murderer everyone else seemed to see, he couldn't. Just as he couldn't feel any different towards her then when he last saw her at the train station. He was worried, worried that she would cut herself off from him the same way he had done to her multiple times in the past when they were friends.

   They weren't good at communicating their emotions, they weren't good at doing normal things that people in a relationship do. Sometimes, the feeling of being hugged was more than enough—overfilling even. They craved human emotions like no one else and that's why a lot of their moments together are intense because their human need to feel something and express it was overpowering.

"Still..." Ethaline whispered, "There's no going back."

"Just forward." Harry said, scooting closer, "Let me hold you."

"No."

"Come here," he snapped quietly, wrapping his arms around her as she finally gave in.

"This is nice..."

Ethalien broke into a smile, "I missed you." She whispered, "There wasn't a single day that went by without me thinking about the great chosen one."

"I happen to have that affect on people." Harry joked, earning a shove from Ethaline.

There was a moment of silence, the two of them sitting together and holding the other as Azura let out a low whimper, smoke coming out of her nostrils as she looked at them with one eye. "I know Azura..." Ethaline whispered, "I miss her to."