|CHAPTER 8|

Yelling wasn't the best thing to wake up to, but it would seem that it was going to be your alarm clock for today. You get up and quickly get dressed, then jog out of the house to see what the yelling was about. You could see Rick's group in the distance, by the barn. It seemed like they were arguing, and you grew worried. Your jog became a sprint. Soon enough, you were close enough to ask about the situation.

"What's going on around here? Is everything alright?" you question, hoping to get a desirable answer.

"I uh, told them about the barn," Glenn goes up to you and says. You give him a supportive pat on the shoulder. He gave them a tough pill to swallow, and now he feels bad for doing so.

"Don't worry man, things will sort themselves out, you did a good thing-"

"This doesn't concern you."

You look to see who cut you off, only to see Shane look at you with rage-filled eyes. You yourself were beginning to feel angry. Who did this man think he was to cut you off like that, especially after you warned him yesterday.

"Shane, please. They've helped us a lot, and are also staying on the farm. I think it does ultimately concern them," Rick tries to defend you

"Speaking of which, why are you helping us? What, you want something in return? We don't owe you shit," Shane got in your face for a second, and then turned around and walked away from you.

"Are you talking to me?" you ask, innocently pointing a finger to yourself. Shane just turns to look at you.

"Who else would it be?" with that being said, your eyebrows began to knit together, and your face was contorting in anger.

"Hey!" you yell at him, and begin to walk up to him, "seems like your brain's fried, you don't even remember what I told you yesterday."

"And what're you gonna do about it?" Shane tried to agitate you, thinking you wouldn't dare threaten him in front of the whole group.

"Damn, well allow me to remind you," you were now right up in Shane's face. You took a quiet breath, before you yelled at him, "I told you to never fucking talk to me, unless one of your buddies told you to!"

He went to speak, but you wouldn't let him put in his two cents, "No, Shut the fuck up! Listen for once in your pathetic life! You are no necessity, you're a fucking liability! You have your head so far up your own ass, that it's tickling your throat!"

He then tries to push you away, but you grab onto his wrists before he can. You then dig your nails into his wrists, most definitely causing blood to seep out. You could see that there were a few marks of spit on his face, but you didn't care. This man needed to understand that he wasn't the top dog, and needed to learn his place.

"If I see you fucking around, I'm knocking your teeth out," with that being said, you throw his wrists away from you, and walk away from the barn. You were a little embarrassed that the others had to see an outburst like that. You just hoped that they wouldn't think of you as a threat. You grew to care for these people, and didn't want them to be fucked over by people like Shane.

You walk up to your jeep, open the door, and sit inside. You made sure the door was closed and locked, before rubbing your face with your hands, and reassessing the situation. A knocking at the car window made you jolt in your seat, and quickly look to see who it was.

"Hey 85," you say after opening the car door. Your voice was laced with regret.

"Hey [Y/n]. I'm sorry for what happened back there, Shane can just be a little difficult sometimes."

"No worries 85, I was also out of line. He's just acting a little brash, and he needed to understand what he looked like. I guess I just decided to be the example."