|CHAPTER 6|

"Morning guys, let's get going. We've got a lot of ground to cover," Rick says, while gathering everyone around the car.

"Alright, everyone's getting new search grids today. If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl and [Y/n] found, she might have gone further east than we've been so far," Rick declares the newly found information to the group.

"I'd like to help," a voice said from behind everyone. You all turn around to see Jimmy walk up to the group, "I know the area pretty well, and stuff."

"I mean, having someone who knows their way around would be nice, right?" you chime in.

"Yeah, that would be nice, but is Hershel okay with this?" Rick looks over to Jimmy and asks.

"Yeah, yeah. He said I should ask you," Jimmy says, stumbling a bit over his words. Ohhhhh this boy is lying.

"Alright then, thanks," Wait Rick, no! Don't fall for it!

"Nothing about what Daryl and [Y/n] found screams Sophia to me," Shane opens the car door, and sits in the passenger seat, "anyone could've been holed up in that farmhouse"

"Anybody includes her, right?" Andrea says.

"And so, the glass half empty, became a glass half full," you joke, only to receive a playful glare from Andrea.

"Whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay-high," Daryl speaks up, using his arm to show a height that reached just under his chest.

"It's a good lead," Andrea says.

"Maybe we'll pick up her trail again," Rick stayed optimistic.

"No maybe about it, I'm gonna borrow a horse, head up to this ridge right here, take a birds eye view of the whole grid. If she's there, I'll spot her," Daryl explains his idea to the whole group, and Bucket hat, A.K.A Dale, walks up to the car with a bag in his hand.

"Good idea, maybe you'll see your Chupacabra up there too," T-Dog tells Daryl. Rick questions him on the name 'Chupacabra', and you give a confused look.

"You've never heard of this? First night in camp, Daryl tells us that the whole thing reminds him of a time when he went squirrel hunting, and he saw a Chupacabra," Dale explains the inside joke while taking out a rifle from the duffel bag, and handing it over to Rick.

"That's dumb," you used Daryl's words against him, and tried your best to hold in your laugh. He just gives you a look, and speaks up.

"What are you braying at, jackass?"

"So you believe in a blood-sucking dog?" Jimmy jokingly asks.

"Do you believe in dead people walking around?" Daryl retourts, you respond with a simple 'touché', and let out a snicker. Jimmy then goes to pick up the rifle that was on the hood of the car, only to have Rick stop him.

"Hey hey, have you ever fired one before?" Rick asks.

"Well if I'm going out, I want one," Jimmy talks back.

"Yeah, and people in hell want slurpees," Daryl jokes, and walks away from the car. You exhale sharply from your nose. This made Jimmy look at you, and see the gun holstered in your pants.

"Oh yeah, well then why does [Y/n] have one? Do they even know how to shoot?" Jimmy tried to reason, and your expression changed from a laid back one, to a serious one in a splint second.

"The fuck did you just say to me, noodle arms. Wanna get your ass handed to you?" you threaten the boy, "'cause I did not train for years of my life, to have some twig try and backtalk me."