Quest Begins

The final days before the quest had passed quickly till it was Izuku's last night. After dinner there was to be a large campfire and a huge celebration. A last party before the camp's favorite sunshine boy was gone.

Izuku had been spending his days in a flurry of studying and training. Many of the Romans had gone back to Camp Jupiter, but Jason had stayed to help prepare Izuku.

Izuku had done everything he could to get ready, dinner was going to be called soon and Izuku was just sitting on his bed. He stared at his backpack, it was filled with essentials but was still light enough that it wouldn't be a nuances.

The whole week Issac and Alex hadn't left Izuku's side, always with him. Even sparring with him at times, though they weren't very skilled at it. If this was Izuku's last night at the camp he shouldn't spend it moping around. He stood up with new vigor, ready to make the best of his possible maybe last day at camp.

The horn for dinner echoed through his cabin and Izuku ran to join his family for dinner.

_____________________________________________________________________

Dinner had passed quickly, he had sat by Alex and Issac for his last night and the party was soon to begin. The s'mores were being prepared and the music was getting started, courtesy of the Apollo cabin. Izuku sat at a large log as he ate his s'more, campers were dancing around the fire and singing to folk songs. He didn't really know the song but everyone else seemed to, it must've been popular in America. It was something about Alabama and coming home. He shook his head as he laughed at Percy screaming singing the song.

Alabama faded out and was replaced by a slower song, he watched as Percy and Annabeth grabbed each other's hands and began to sway to the beat. It was a nice song, one that Izuku knew a little better. He swayed to the music on his log as everyone seemed to start dancing to the slow song.

"Izuku?", He looked up to see Issac standing in front of him nervously, his hand reaching out to him.

"w-Would you like to dance with me?", He stared down at the hand then back up to Issac's waiting face. He felt a nudge on his shoulder and looked over to see Alex pushing to stand up.

Izuku stood up and took Issac's slightly sweaty hand, "Sure."

The fire seemed to eliminate Issac's dark hair in a warm glow, Izuku put his other hand on Issac's shoulder while they swayed in the dark to the music. Issac's hand on Izuku's waist, Izuku felt his heart beat quicker with every sway.

Issac's dark eyes looked into Izuku's as the song continued on. Izuku could feel the sweat now on both of their hands but he didn't mind. Izuku felt his eyes begin to tear up, what if this was his last day with Issac?

It won't be, he reasoned. He'll survive, and he'll come back. He knows he will.

The song ended, the tears were still in his eyes. He didn't hesitate to throw himself into Issac's warm arms, he hugged him tightly and let the tears track down silently.

"I'll come back", he whispered into Issac's shoulder.

"I know you will Izuku," He moved to look at Issac, his arms still around his torso as they continued to sway into the next slow song. This song was about some sort of girl crush with one of the campers singing it with a sad tone.

The night continued till nine, Issac and Izuku hadn't left the dance floor yet, both still dancing to the last song.

"I better head to bed", Izuku said. He was starting to get pretty tired and he had a big day tomorrow. Izuku left Issac and began walking towards his cabin, everyone else had either turned in already or were still talking by the fire.