Aegis

This was a fever dream, there are a lot of errors

Before long they had made it to the Washington Monument. The entrance seemed to be simple glass doors that led to the elevator that would lead to the top.

Izuku sighed, it was official. He was a criminal. He was gonna get deported.

Visions of the SWAT team ran through his mind, 'FBI get down!!!", yup that was his future.

He pulled out the ancient paper and read the warning one more time, "You will find a monster that will give you a bind, Empusa will eat you if you dare, as long as you don't seem like you care." He mumbled out.

Empusa, Izuku knew who she was, He'd heard about her from Annabeth's teachings. She was a shape shifting woman thing that had a copper leg. She must be the guardian of the 'gift' Hera wanted him to retrieve. But why was one of the clues to keep an impassive face?

He looked over at Hera, she was starting up at the Monument. Would she answer him if he asked? It was worth a shot.

"Hera?", she looked down at him, "It says to keep a bored face, what does that mean?"

She looked at him for a second, seeming to decide how to phrase her words, "It means, you aren't supposed to make a face."

Hera must've sensed his panicking because she gave him one last clue, "She will try and try to get a rise out of you, as long as you stay the same you will be able to pass."

Izuku felt his shoulders relax, "Thanks," she nodded and looked back up into the sky, "No seriously, thanks for everything." Izuku said.

Izuku kept his eyes down. He could feel her eye's on him as she thought about what he'd just said. Izuku knew she deserved more than a thank you, she had been the one that had saved Izuku. He would be dead without her. She had saved him, and here she was saving him again, telling him more clues.

He stared at the glass doors, he would need to get inside without setting off the security. Then take the stairs up (the elevator would probably set off the system) and once he was up he would have to keep as still of a face as he could. Don't say anything to the beast, don't even look at it. Just keep walking and don't let the beast get to him.

Great, now... how is supposed to get in.

This could go down in two ways. Number one, Izuku breaks the glass and just hopes he gets out before the cops show up. Or, somehow coming up with a way to get in that wouldn't trigger the alarm system. The latter may sound better but it doesn't seem likely, besides Izuku didn't even know the security that was set up. Heck, he was lost on how to unlock the doors without the alarms going off.

This left him with one option. Breaking in. Oh gosh, he's gonna be a criminal.

The only thing that truly was a question was how he was gonna get in. The doors may have looked like glass but Izuku wasn't stupid, at most they were bullet proof.

He needed to think. Maybe if he were to create an area where the wind moved so quickly it would cut. He'd never tried something like it, he wasn't very skilled at moving large amounts of air at a time, but maybe if it was just a small area of air he could do it. He'd need to test it first.

He walked over to the greenery around the park. A low rising tree limb branches down, it was small but not twiggy. It was perfect.

Now all he had to do was... well, do it. He took a deep breath, focusing on the air in front of him.

Suddenly he could feel everything, the sound of the grasshopper hitting a leaf, the motion of a leaf rustling, and the smell of the dirt as worms came up. He ignored it and focused on only the wind right in front of him. He felt it move around his face constantly shifting. But, he needed it to stay still. He felt it come to a stop, it was nearly giving him a headache.