A visit from Hera

On Deku's ninth Birthday

Izuku woke up quickly overflowing with joy, smelling the eggs and ramen in the air. He rushed down stairs eating with a sense of urgency as he peered at the wrapped gifts on the table. 

The school day felt like an eternity while Izuku waited to rush home, eat his cake, and open his Mother's gifts. Nobody had wished Izuku happy Birthday at school, but he didn't notice. He'd long since gotten used to the cold shoulders his classmates and teachers gave him.

 He ran home as fast as he could almost tripping while taking off his shoes at the door. At the sound of Izuku closing his Mother quickly appeared holding a small All Might cake while singing Happy Birthday to her only son. Izuku looked at the nine candles reciting his wish in his head as he blew them out using his quirk.

I wish I could become a hero. I wish I could be strong!

He opened his eyes to be greeted by the image of his Mother smiling at him and a- a women behind her?

"Wha-", Izuku tried to question only to be cut off.

"Hello dear", the women said jump scaring Inko Midoriya in her seat.

"Oh please excuse me, I just had to met you", the women purred as she stalked over to Izuku with an analytical gaze. He stared at the women wearing some strange teal dress that seemed to be made out of peacock feathers glistening in the kitchen light. It definitely wasn't the type of dress you saw on someone often, though he wouldn't questioned it if she said she was some famous actress on her way to the red carpet.

"Miss! How did you get in here!", Izuku's mother exclaimed loudly as she quickly sat up and started walking over to the mysterious women.

"I've come to talk to the boy about his father, I'm sure you'd understand how pressing this is", the lady shot Inko Midoriya a cruel look quickly focusing her attention back on the small greenette boy.

"You know my dad?" Izuku asked, he'd never met the man and his mom never talked about him. All he knew was that he'd left his mom after she got pregnant but she never seemed angry about it, always insisting that he couldn't help it and that he did care about both of them very much. 

His mother had told him he worked overseas and wouldn't be able to visit. ever. 

Inko had made the mistake when Izuku was just a little toddler and he asked why others had their Fathers but he didn't. In her stupidity she told him that his Father would visit, telling the little boy that it would be awhile because he worked overseas and was very busy. After that day Izuku had started making drawings never letting Inko see, saying that they were only for his Daddy when he came back. He began staying up later insisting that he wouldn't sleep till his Father came and tucked him in. By the time he was eight he stopped asking, stopped drawing for him, and stopped asking. 

"Oh I've known him for a very very long time and I think it's time that you knew him", Izuku stared at the intruder with hope beginning to gleam in his green eyes. He'd long since given up on his father coming to visit him anytime soon, so it surprised him to see some stranger getting to know his father when he didn't even know him.

"What is your name boy?", She asked looking down at her pristine nails with boredom written on her face.

"Midoryia Izuku", he answered.

"Hmm... I don't like it." She stated as she peered over the small child again with more calculating eyes.

 Izuku looked back with confusion, what does she mean by that? You can't just say that to people. Izuku looked over to his Mother who stared at the lady with a scared look.