Camping isn't as fun as they make it seem

Deku POV Ofukuro is Japanese for mom

     Luckily, Hera had dropped me close to the entrance of the camp so I didn't have walk for long before I came across an entrance. I looked at the sign above me, it read "Camp Half Blood" in bold letters. Out in the distance I could see cabins arching along the grassy fields. Beyond that I could make out a couple of other buildings and something that looked like a rock wall.

I stood there contemplating if I should go in.

 I was snapped out of my head when I heard a loud roar off in the distance. Oh yeah, almost forgot about my appending death by monsters. I quickly regained my motivation to get into the camp and stay alive.

I ran through the gate and quickly looked around for someone to help me with the monsters trying to kill me. Thankfully, it didn't take long.

"Are you new here?" ,a voice called out from beside me. I whipped my head around so quickly it hurt. Must've been another camper, though I will admit he didn't look like the summer camp type, maybe it was the black shirt or the pale skin but he didn't look like the type of summer campers I had seen in those American movies. 

"Uh...yes", I knew English quite well simply because it was always taught at school. I could speak it alright, but for some reason writing it was always a pain. Though it's not like my spoken English was amazing, I had a pretty bad accent on some words. 

The boy looked at me confused by the Asian accent.

"Uh, I don't think we've ever gotten foreign campers, I mean... um not to assume, but you're not from America are you", he asked as he made a puzzled look. I quickly nodded my head, "Oh well! always a first right?", he noted dripping it with sarcasm. 

He started walking off and motioned me to follow. I quickly jogged up to him and peered around.

We were walking towards the cabins, the guy waved at another camper that seemed to be holding something that looked like a blow torch. Oh great, What have I signed up for QUESTION.

"So kid, I gotta ask, how did you get here?", he looked back at me as we made our way to a larger cabin that seemed to be in the middle of the smaller ones. 

"Well...", I thought back to the days' events and wondered if Kacchan would ever believe me if I told him. Opting for the shortened version I simply told him, "I was middle of blowing out my Birthday candles when a god-goddess named Hera came... and explained that I need to come to camp",  I said as I choppily spoke my English. I was a bit out of practice, I mean it was summer vacation...

I looked back at the guy, I made a confused look at his bewilderd face. Wasn't that how all the campers where told to come here? I mean it's not like I would know, but I just assumed so.

Turns out I had assumed wrong.

"WHAT!", I flinched from the sudden scream. We had stopped walking and he turned so he was facing me dead on. I hadn't noticed earlier, but he was actually quite scary looking... especially right now.

I subconsciously shrunk back at the suspicious glare. 

"You're telling me that Hera, understand yeah? Hera the goddess, came to your house..." he pointed at me and spoke slower tone, "and took you here and explained what this place is?" he asked gesturing around himself.

What was so confusing to him? Was he angry at me? He definitely looked angry... and scary... and today had been a lot. I know it's my Birthday and that it meant that I had to act a little bit older.