Chapter 10

Marinette's POV

I ran out of my room to greet my siblings and because I needed Damian. I quickly looked in the mirror in the hallway, double checking that my eye color lense was still in my eye. It was and I ran to my siblings. 

I go to Akhi and tug his arm. "I *huff* wanna show *huff* you some-*huff* thing." I ran through the entire Manor which was pretty big. He nods and I lead him to my room. I close the door and point to my bed. "Sit." 

He sits and looks at me confused. "What did you want to show me, Ukhti?" I take a deep breath and take out the color lense from my right eye. I look at him directly in the eyes and his eyes were glimmering with happiness. 

"You look exactly like you did when we were little. Are you still Ambidextrous?" I nod and grab a piece of paper and write my name at the same time with both hands. I could write with both my hands. Another reason I thought I was a freak. 

He gives me a small smile and hugs me. "Are you going to show everybody else? They saw a picture of us when we were 7 but, you had the lenses on, in the picture." "No yet. Just keep it a secret for now?" "Fine." 

I smile at him and cheer softly. He chuckles and shakes his head. "You truly are the same from 7 years ago, Ukhti." "I'll take that as a compliment. I also have something else I wanted to ask you." "What?" "Do you know how I should tell Jon I love him?" 

He froze. "What?" "How do I tell Jon I love him? I-He kissed me yesterday and I just wanted to know I should tell him." Damian stared at me. "I honestly have no idea. Maybe if he takes you on a date or something." "Oh. Okay! I'll just ask the girls then. Thanks for trying though, Akhi!" 

He nods. "Your welcome. Did you need anything else?" "Nope! I will go ask the girls now though." We walked out of my room and I walked to the living room and saw Steph and Cass but, Barbara still hasn't come home from shopping. 

"Babs, Cass! I need your help." "Sure Mar! What do you need help with?" I plop on the sofa next to them and look at them. "How to tell Jon I love him." They were silent before the squeal and I become red when they start to tease me. 

"I knew it! Especially after he kissed you yesterday!" "Who kissed Pixie Pop?" Oh great Jason. I don't need him threatening Jon with kryptonite. "Jon. And Mari just asked how she can tell him that she love him." I groan into the sofa cushion and I hear a deafening squeal. 

That was Dick. For sure. Before I knew it, all my siblings knew about it and the boys didn't really have much of an idea while the girls were already setting up and outfit for me for our first date. Barbara came back not to long ago and the moment she understood what was going on, she immediately started helping the girls. 

"Okay. I understand you guys want to help but, let's not get ahead of ourselves please." "Sorry Mar. We just got a bit excited. We don't get to do these kinds of things everyday and Damian is too shy around Rachel to ask her out and stubborn to ask for help." 

"Shut up! I don't get shy around her." I giggle at him as he turns pink and his voice doesn't sound entirely confident. You can hear that he is a little embarrassed. The boys tease him and the girls continue to help me but, I don't entirely like some of them. 

"I like some but others just sound like something I probably wouldn't do." "It's okay. But if you need help picking out an outfit just call us." "Alright Steph. I'll be sure to do that. I might just go with the flow or do it when the right opportunity arrives." 

They nodded. "Oh. And before I forget I need your favorite colors." They all looked confused. Cass liked black. Stephanie liked red. And Babs liked floral patterns. "Thanks!" I walk out of the living room and go to Dads' office. 

I reach the door and knock. "Come in." I open the door and poke my head in. "Hi Dad. Do you have time for a quick question?" "Hello my star. I have time for a question. What is it about?" I walk in, laughing to myself because Mothers' nickname for me was my star.

"Um, how would you go about a love confession?" He seems surprised by the question but doesn't question it. "Hmmm. I don't know. Everybody is different when it comes to these type of things. You should do it when you feel comfortable and ready to tell them. Not because you were pressured to do it." 

I nodded. "Yeah. I like that idea." "Now, may I ask who you are interested in?" I turn red and stutter around for an answer. I wasn't expecting him to say that. "I-er-I li-ugh-um, Jon." He chuckles and shakes his head. "I should've known. I thought you would be interested in him." 

I look at him, shocked. "How?" "You think I didn't notice the way you would look at him? Besides, I saw the little 'scene' as your siblings call it, last night." I blush, remembering Jon kiss the corner of my lips. The floor suddenly became very interesting. 

"You don't have to be embarrassed, star. I'm not disappointed or anything that you like him." "Okay. Actually there's something else, can you enroll me in Gotham Academy? I wanna start on Thursday." He nodded. "It can be arranged. Did you want any special classes for your hobbies?"

"Fashion or Art. Actually both." He nodded. "It will be done. Anything else?" "Can I go on patrol with you guys tonight? Pretty please." He was silent and looked like he was contemplating on whether to say yes or no. "Fine. But, you can't involved. I don't want you to get hurt." 

I huff. "I've dealt with worse than a few muggings. I've had an akuma last 4 months at one time." He looks shocked. "We used the second chance miraculous which causes us to go back in time. The people of Paris don't remember but, we do. It took so many recharges to defeat the akuma."

"You can't keep fighting the akumas with a team of 3-" "It's actually a team of 6 but, Chloe, Nath, and Marc aren't in Paris. Nath and Marc are in New York and Chlo is in California. They have yet to visit Paris." 

"But if Hawkmoth is still loose why are they traveling?" "Because I'm not going to let them stay cooped up in Paris burdened by him! I refuse to! It's cost me so much to fight him and I'm not going to let that happen to them." 

I didn't realize tears started dripping down my cheeks. Dad got out of his chair and walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. I buried my head into his chest and cried. I never realized how many emotions I had locked up over the years. 

I let it all out. I cried over Hawmoth, Lila, Tom and Sabine and all the pain I had experienced over the years, all the trauma, all the hurtful words, just everything. Dad didn't try to stop me either. He just rubbed my back in circles and whispered soothing things in my ear. 

I cried more that time than all the times I cried last year combined. I was able to reduce it to a few tears and some sniffles. Dad pulled back and knelt down in front of me and put him hands on my shoulders. "Star, you can't just let people go and keep putting more on yourself." 

"It isn't good for you. I know you want to keep everybody safe and happy but, you have to do the same for yourself. And doing what you're doing now isn't helping. It breaks you little by little and it hurts and tears you apart. I don't want that for you." 

I nod and he wipes the remaining tears from my eyes. He stands up and gives me another hug and kisses my forehead. I smile and then I look at his shirt. It was soaked. I giggle and point to his shirt where I put my head when I was crying. 

"You might need to change your shirt. Sorry." He looks down at his shirt and smiles softly. "It's fine. I'll just change it." We walk out of the office. I go to my room and Dad goes to his. I smile. Who knew Dad could be so good with giving advice. 

I take out my sewing machine and start making Christmas gifts for the family. It is only 8 days away after all. I will have to go to the store for some supplies for some non-sewn gifts. And a gift for Jon. I just have to figure out what to give him. 

Who knows. It could just be a love confession.