Chapter 20

Marinette's POV

I stared at the entrance of Gotham Academy with my coffee(from my bench)for what felt like ever. Today, my class was coming to Gotham Academy. They were going to be going to school here while they were on the trip. I would be lying, if I said I wasn't nervous. 

Part of me wanted to run away and another part of me wanted to wait for Lila and then kill her the most painful way possible. Then the sane part of me kept me calm by reminding me that I had people to back me up and they weren't going to leave me. 

I was still nervous. And it got worse when the bus pulled in front of the school. I leaned my head down pretending to look at my book when the bus door opened. I was immediately met with Lila's voice and I immediately felt like vomiting when I heard her spin her lies. 

I stood up and quickly started walking toward the front doors of the school. Only to be stopped when somebody grabbed my wrist. I slowly turned around and I was met with green eyes. Not my brother's green eyes. My ex-boyfriends green eyes. 

My heart started to try to break my ribs and my lungs wouldn't fill with air. I swallowed, forcing myself to stay calm. I forced a smile on my face. "Hello, Princess." "Let me go." He narrowed his eyes and squeezed my wrist harder. I tugged harder. 

"Adrien, let go of my wrist." "Why? I'm your knight in shining armor." I let out a emotionless laugh and smiled coldly. "It's actually kinda sad I believed that. What you really are is an asshole wrapped in aluminum foil." 

Anger flared in his eyes and I could feel my wrist burning. He was going to break it if he kept squeezing it. And he knew that. I forced the pain down and looked him straight in the eye. "Let me go or I will 5 of 10 fingers, break your arm then dislocate your shoulder." 

Alarm squeezed it's way into his eyes and I felt my wrist pop. I screamed in pain and my other fist  flew into his face. He let go of my wrist and I forced tears out of my eyes. He BROKE my wrist. Before I could punch him again, an arm wriggled around my waist. 

"Mars, we are trying to go through day 1 without somebody in your class getting attacked. Please calm down." I took a deep breath and leaned again Jon. "He broke my wrist." Jon was quiet but I could feel anger radiating from him. 

I wish I could let my super-powered boyfriend attack him but I wasn't willing to face the lecture from Dad. "Ok...let's get Damian and then we need to get your wrist in a cast." I glared. "I can fix it myself." "I'm kn-" I don't let him finish. 

I promptly heal my wrist, stick my tongue out at him and he just glares at me. Of course, Lila and the class notices me. "Marinette! How are you?" I raise an eye brow at her. "I was doing good and then you decided to come to Gotham." 

And then the act starts. Her lip quivers and 'tears' started rolling down her cheeks. "W-why do you h-have to be s-so mean to me?" I just roll my eyes and sigh. I grab Jon's hand and we walk inside the school. Of course, my old classmates glare at me but I just flip them off behind my back. 

Jon stops me after we walk in. "You had to deal with that for how long?" "Since, I was 14." "How did you stand it?" "Not a clue." He snorts and squeezes my hand. I walk with him hand in hand and we stop at my locker. Damian is on his way down the hallway when I spot him. 

I wave him over and he jogs over. "Now can I tell everybody your my sister?" "If someone decides to make a scene. Only that." He huffs but nods. "Fine." I smile and peck his cheek. "Meet me at the large oak tree during lunch." "What for?" I shrug with a small smile on my face. 

He narrows his eyes but says nothing. "I need to get my books. I'll see you after class." I nod and he walks off. I turn to Jon. "You should get your books too. Plus, I was assigned to lead the class around the school. I objected but of course Principal Jackass wouldn't change it.