Chapter 22

Marinette's POV

I groaned as my sisters fussed over me. Well, except Cass. She just watched with a small smile on her face with Rachel next to her. Traitor. Steph was in charge of my makeup and Babs was doing my hair. I was in charge of my dress. I was a fashion designer after all. 

My hair was in a long braid down my back and I had a very natural makeup look

My hair was in a long braid down my back and I had a very natural makeup look. Except where Steph put dabs of bright color and a pink lipstick. I wanted a nude but Steph insisted on pink so I ended up getting pink. 

My mom walked in and smiled at me. She was staying to see Lila crash and burn. Selina wasn't exactly open to the idea but she agreed to let my mom stay. I guess she was afraid mom would flirt with dad. But she hasn't so that was good I guess. 

"You look lovely dear. Now I just have 1 thing for you." She pulled out a box and I my breath caught. I looked up at her and raised my eyebrows. She nodded and I smiled widely. "Not that this is cute and all but what's in the box?" I look at Steph. 

"When me and Damian were born, debates were caused on who would be Demon Head. I was the oldest but he was the male. It was decided that he would be the Demon Head but I would rule alongside him after he had ruled for 6 months. And the day I would be co ruler I would get a special crown..." 

I gently lifted the box out of my mom's hands and opened it. Inside was the crown. 

I gingerly lift it up and place it across my forehead

I gingerly lift it up and place it across my forehead. Steph gasps when I look at the 4 girls. "It's beautiful, Mari. You look like a true queen." I hug my mom. "Thanks. I love it." "I'm glad. I expect you to wear on your wedding day too." I blush and shove her shoulder lightly. 

Steph and Babs burst out laughing while Cass and Rachel just giggled. Mom shook her head, chuckling. "Alright. I'll stop. But you need to be ready. Jon's going to be here soon and I expect that at the least he will probably not be able to form a coherent sentence. At the most, he might faint." 

I sigh. Leave it to my mom to do this. "I love you too mom. But seriously?" "Yup." She kissed my cheek then walked out. I grabbed my white heels and slipped them on.  I grabbed my black clutch and adjusted my crown.