Chapter 18

It was black. There seemed to be no beginning and no end. No top and no bottom. Yet she was standing on something solid. A voice sounded behind her. "Mari." She turned."Damian!" Her voice was panicked. He brother collapsed and blood started to make a pool around him. 

A laugh echoed. Hawkmoth was standing behind him. His eyes were cold and filled with insanity. His laugh was cruel and emotionless. He disappeared and people started appearing. All of them were injured. Chloe, her mother, Jon, her father, Jason, everybody. 

She screamed and tears cascaded down her cheeks. "I'm disappointed in you Marinette. I thought you were going to be a good guardian but, you couldn't even save the people you loved. Such a shame."  Master Fu glared at her and she felt her heart shatter. 

"But I-i stopped Hawkmoth. I-i defeated h-him. R-right?"  Master Fu said nothing and shook his head. He disappeared as well. Another voice sounded but it wasn't a male's voice. It was a female's. And one Marinette would have liked to forget forever. 

"I was right, Mari-trash. You couldn't save yourself or the people you cared about. You really are useless. You should have listened to me in the beginning. You should have sided with me." Marinette felt like she was moving. She felt like she was moving away from Lila but her legs weren't moving. 

Words started appearing in front of her. 

Slut

Trash

Hoe

Waste of space

Mistake

Ugly

Stupid

Hoe

Insane

Fucked up piece of shit

Nobody likes you

Go die. 

Die...why can't she do that? Every time she wants to, every time she tries to something happens. Nobody wants her. Nobody like her. Nobody would care if she died. So why hasn't she. Why hasn't she made everyone happy. 

Another laugh filled the air. Except it was happy and filled with joy. Marinette wiped away her tears and looked. It was her mother again. She was being pulled by two 8 year old. They were at a stream and everything looked perfect. Like nothing bad could ever happen. 

The image changed. It was Chloe and Marinette having ice cream. Then it was Jon and Marinette cuddling on the couch watching Lady and the Tramp. Marinette helping her father try to figure out how to use a video game controller. 

Jason and Marinette racing on motorcycles. Dick and Marinette playing twister. Tim and Marinette trying to see who could hack into the US government system the fastest. Marinette, Barbara, Stephanie, and Cassandra shopping and joking around. 

Then it hit Marinette. She was loved. She did have people who cared for her. Everybody would miss her. She couldn't die yet. Not yet. Only when her time came. And she had a long way to go. 

And with that she let her eyes flutter open. 

A/N: I updated! Sorry it was a little short. I had some trouble writing this chapter. I hope you guys liked it. 

~Dani