Chapter 4

Marinette's POV

I got out of the shower and saw that the girl laid out an outfit for me. It smiled to myself and put it on. 

The shirt was long enough to cover up my scar from when my class stabbed me with a knife

The shirt was long enough to cover up my scar from when my class stabbed me with a knife. It went from my ribs to the hips. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks because of it. I summoned up some bandages to wrap my ankle because I hate braces, casts and crutches. Especially wheelchairs. I put my hair in a french braid and walked out of the room. I looked around not knowing where to go and went left and ended up getting lost. 

I crossed my arms as I came to another dead end. "Fuck." I turned around and continued wandering. I found Dad's study and a bunch of guest bedroom's but no living room or something. "May I ask who you are?" I jumped and turned around and saw an older man. "Marinette. I'm Damian's twin sister." He nodded. "Lovely to meet you, Mistress Marinette. May I ask what you are looking for?" "The living room. I got lost." "Follow me." He led me through another corridor and I started looking for marks for me to remember because I have a photogenic memory. 

He led me to some large oak wood doors and he gave me a small smile. "Here is the living room. If you have any trouble with something, just call me." I nodded. "Alright. And your name is?" "Alfred Pennyworth, my mistress." "Thank you, Monsiuer Alfred and please call me Marinette." He nodded and then I opened the doors and walked in. The girl that gave me the clothes looked up and clapped and smiled. "They fit." 

I nodded and looked at Damian. I let me cover fall and in reality, I wasn't a very social person and was quite awkward sometimes. I wasn't very nice either unless I knew you. It was hard to earn my trust especially after what happened in Paris. I had a short temper and was dangerous when angered and didn't really show emotions. 

All of this applied if I didn't know you. If I knew you well and trusted you this was all the complete opposite. Well, except about me being angry. Damian notices my look and speaks up for me. "She's not very talkative. She'll be a bit like me when I first came here." They all nodded and decided to introduce themselves. "My name is Richard but you can call me Dick." He looked like the 2nd oldest in the room and had blue eyes and dark hair. "Jason. The coolest one in the family." He had dark hair with a white streak and he had teal colored eyes. "Tim. I live on coffee." He had a very light shade of blue for eyes and he had dark hair. "Stephanie. Maybe we could hang out some time." She had blonde hair and blue eyes. She reminded me of Chloe. "Cassandra. Call me Cass." She had her dark hair in a Pixie cut and had ebony colored eyes. "Barbara. You can call me Babs." She had auburn colored hair and blue eyes. She was in a wheelchair. I might be able to give her back her ability to walk. 

I stared at the oldest person in the room and waited to introduce himself. "Bruce." He had dark hair and deep blue eyes. I noticed somebodies stare on me and I turned my head saw Damian staring with his eyes narrowed. "You covered it up." I tensed up and sighed. "Yes. I needed to for my cover." "But, your don't need your cover now." I was silent and we had a staring contest. I stared harder and he backed down after I bit. "I'll do it when, I feel like it." He sighed but nodded. 

I felt more stares and started to get anxious. "Do you have a gym?" They nodded. That was all I needed and I bolted out of the room. I needed to get these things off my mind. I look around for a bit and found the gym. I summon my phone, my Damian plushie, my charm and the miracle box. I play my newest albums as Nettie. I start exercising and softly singing along with the music and thinking about healing Barbara. 

Jason's POV 

Pixie Pop bolted out of the room and everybody was silent. Then Barbara broke the silence. "That was unexpected. What do you think we could do to make her comfortable or make her feel included?" Everybody was silent. She already knew about their superhero personas so, maybe we could make her a superhero. Maybe take her out to the beach as a family or have her meet the Justice League. Or take her shopping. Girls like that sort of thing. I don't know girls. I continued thinking but was soon brought out of my thought. 

"Guys do you hear that?" I looked at Stephanie and I heard music. "Do you wanna check it out?" They all nodded and we started following the music. We stopped at the gym and saw Marinette doing pull ups and counting. "147*pant* 148 *pant* 149 *pant* 150." She let go of the bar and collapsed on the ground breathing hard. She hauled herself off the floor with a groan and we saw her pull up her sleeve and we saw LOTS of scars. She started tracing them and she shook her head and pulled her sleeve down. 

She walked to the closet and got some boxing gloves and stared at the punching bag for like 5 seconds before she started punching it. You could tell she punched hard because you could see and hear the chain rattling. After, about 15 minutes of punching the bag flew off the chain and Pixie Pop huffed. She grabbed another bag and put it on the chain. She started punching and before she could break the bag, Dick spoke. "Mari?" She jumped and quickly turned to us. 

She turned to us. "What?" Her voice sounded a little annoyed but it also sounded curious. "We wanted to know if you wanted to if you wanted to hang out with us." She looked a bit hesitant but started to slowly nod. "Sure. Um, before you go, can I talk to Barbara?" Barbara looked confused but nodded. "Sure. I'll be right out guys." We all walked out and waited a few feet from the door. 

Barbara's POV

I wheeled over to Marinette and she took a deep breath. "I can get you to walk again." My eyes widened and she immediately looked a bit anxious. "I mean, that is only if you want to. You don't have to. I mean I know it will probably annoy you to have to adjust back to your-" "I'd love to try." She immediately stopped rambling and composed herself. She nodded and held out her hands.  I took them and she looked at me. "Close your eyes." I did and waited a few seconds. "You can open your eyes." I did and I could feel my legs! 

I stare at her and she nods. She gently tugs my arms asking if I wanted to try to stand. I use her as a support and start to get up. She lets go slowly and I take steps following her and squealed and jumped up and down. I nearly fell but, Marinette caught me. I stare at my feet and wiggle them. I'm not paralyzed anymore. I pull Marinette into a tight hug and she tenses but hugs back before I could pull away. 

The door slams open and everybody rushes in and looks at me and looks absolutely gobsmacked. We pull away and Marinette giggles nervously and sprints out of the room and everybody looks at my legs and I do jazz hands and Stephanie bolts to me and drags me out of the room and to her room and demands an explanation. 

Our new sister is a miracle worker.