A Dream and Song

˜”*°• three •°*”˜

"Who am I?"

You watched your reflection in the pond ripple as a fish swam by. You were done feeding all of the livestock and dragons that resided in the royal stables.

The moon cascaded over the water, blooming among the stars as the soil beneath your feet was rough and loose in texture. Breathing out a hefty sigh you turn to meet the glowing eyes of Glaucus, a fish-like dragon. He was quite large, maybe about thirty feet.

Small patches of his bioluminescent scales lit up as he circled and surveyed you. His turquoise body encasing you as you were struck with fear and awe. The sound of his webbed talons scraping against the stones of the pond made you shiver.

He was never like this, only watching you from a far and only ever approaching you when food was being served. As you look deeper into his hypnotic eyes, he gave off the impression that he knew something about you that not even yourself knew about.

With that, the reptilian slowly pressed its forehead into yours. Both of your eyes meeting for a few seconds. As your mouth started to open, Glaucus hastily retracted his head from yours. His body uncoiling itself from your own, diving head first into the pond. The water almost splashing you as you quickly hide behind a thick tree.

Your attire was slightly wet as you shook your body like a wet dog. It didn't directly touch your skin but you still stared at the pond in anger. "Glaucus!", you yell in vain. Bubbles arise to the surface, assuring you that the stubborn dragon wasn't coming out any time soon.

What was that scaly scoundrel thinking?

Picking up your nearby basket from the ground, you turn on your heel and march your way back home.

~☆~

The townsquare was empty, no sign of any other living being but yourself. The clatter of your shoes being the only noise that accompanied you. It was peaceful, despite the fact it was cold due to how late it has become. Hurrying your way back home you open your basket and take out the keys to your house.

~☆~

After changing to pajamas, you plop right down onto your fluffy bed. The cream colored sheets enfolded over your frigid body as you drift off to get some sleep...

Not even within a second, you wake up, gasping for air as you find yourself in a black room. You get up from your bed as the surroundings around you changed, changing into a gorgeous royal palace.

"Oooooooh oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh"

A womanly voice sang as you reared your head in several directions, trying to find the source of the lovely sound. As you did you find a familiar lemon haired man in your sight. He was wearing what seemed to be green pajamas and a silver shoulder plate as he peered out from a pillar.

"Lloyd?" you tried to reach out to him, but an invisible barrier prevented you from doing so. The prince didn't even move at your voice, implying that he could not hear or see you. Your fists pounded against the barrier until you saw what Lloyd was looking at.

A young white haired woman around your age wore a gown that you aren't familiarized with. It was dark green with accents of gold, white, and red as what seems to be a white cape with unknown flowers embellished it. Her face was coated with a white substance as red lines outlined her eyes, her cheeks tinged with red circles, the same color being applied to her lips. A golden headpiece framing her face as she locked eyes with Lloyd.