Torn

˜"*°• five •°*"˜

The sun rose up on the next day, coming down on the palace like an angry god. The white-hot light scorched the pavement as the knights sparred on the training grounds. The clashing of steel being heard on miles on end.

Lloyd thrusts his blade towards Cole, the earth knight effortlessly dodging every jab.

"Moonlight walks near the canal-", Cole spoke as he swung his big hammer at Lloyd, the prince swerving his form and jumping to avoid the big slam as the ground beneath them shook from the impact. "Sharing food- Ha!", he continued as he swung at Lloyd's feet, Lloyd jumping into the air and landing besides Cole. "Sounds a lot like a date", the hammer in his hand rested on his shoulder as the other one grasped the side of his hip.

Lloyd stared at Cole with an impassive expression before he lunged at him, Cole blocking the strike with the hilt of his hammer. "It was not a date!", Lloyd replied as the obsidian haired man countered his attack.

"A date, a social or romantic engagement. Often involving a meal or an intimate setting", Zane piped up as he maneuvered his body to dodge Kai's attacks while parrying each one with his own, using his metal bow.

"Ha! Ha! Can't argue with a nindroid!", Jay laughed as Nya deflected his sword with her own.

"Look, if you like this girl. You're going to have to step up your game.", Kai said as he sheathed his swords behind his back. He backflipped before using spinjitsu on Zane, the nindroid steering clear from the direct attack with his own flips.

"What do you mean 'game'?", the blonde asked as he pushed off one of Cole's attacks.

"It means one's ability to charm", Zane answered as he dodged Kai's spinjitsu, "You need to convince her why you are the most logical mate" he pulled the string of his bow as he readied his arrow, Kai pulling his swords out in response. As the brunette ran towards him, he unleashed his arrow, knocking Kai off his feet as he deflected it with his own blades. Earning an 'Ow!' from the master of fire.

"If you wanna impress her, you gotta act tough! Like flex your muscles and stuff. Break things!", Cole advised as he punched the ground with his fists, the dust from the ground shooting up, before spinning into his spinjitsu; breaking one of the practice dummies in the vicinity. "That's why ___ let me take her on a date!", he stopped spinning as he wiped the sweat off his face.

"HUH?!"

Everyone exclaimed as they all stopped their actions. All of the knights stared at the bushy browed man as he gulped, their figures surrounded the male as Lloyd watched from the side lines.

"So you were on a date! You weren't doing your job, now where's my money!", Jay shouted out as he stretched out his arm towards his teammates.

"You never betted on it", Kai said as Jay huffed in annoyance.

"Still, I was correct! I gotta have some credit for that", the auburn haired knight retorted back as he crossed his arms and turned his head with a 'hmpf!'.

"I was still patrolling! ...Just with ___", Cole said as he placed his hammer down, leaning on the handle as a support.

"I can't believe you took her out on a date! If anything, it should have been me, her girl friend! I haven't seen her in so long, but I went to the meeting!", Nya uttered as her face was scrunched up in fustration.