Chapter 30 - Disasters

Tonight was the night of many things.

It was founders night, it was also the night that they would use the gilbert device, and it would fail to work.

I was still going to keep Elliot home for safe measures.

Especially with angry tomb vamps on the loose.

I wasn't worried about myself that much, as my time in Augustine made sure that pain like that was bearable.

Thanks, but also no thanks.

But nobody should have to worry, the device is deactivated.

I make my way through the crowd, to find Damon.

I find him.

"They'll set off the device after the fireworks start." Damon informs me.

I smile. "Being on the secret society of vampire haters has it's perks."

He chuckles.

The mayor starts his speech, but I totally ignore it.

"And for that I thank you, now let us continue tonight with fireworks." He finishes, and the fireworks set off.

A few seconds pass, and nothing, but then suddenly a piercing pain hits my skull like a knife.

"Oh, god-" I groan. I could handle it, but I see Damon on the floor in pain.

"Damn it Bonnie." I sigh, helping him up.

"Come on." I help him somewhere in a bush to hide.

I turn to look behind us and see Elliot getting taken down.

I drop Damon and run over there.

"You, help us with this one!" The lady says.

I hit her head clean off with my hand and grab Elliot.

"I told you not to come- Oh god it's getting worse!" I say, trying to fight through the pain for my brother.

"I thought Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert device!" He exasperated through the horrible pain.

"So did I." I shove him into the same bush as Damon, but Damon was no longer there.

"Shit, shit, shit." I utter, running.

I look around and see the Mayor getting taken down, which is strange, he's mot a vampire, and I know this.

The pain stops, as I realise the 5 minutes is up.

I turn to see a building on fire.

"They got Damon, he's in there." Stefan informs me worriedly.

"I'll get him, Bonnie, do you think there is a way you could help the fire die down for a bit?!" I ask.

She nods, and starts manipulating the fire with her magic.

Once I can get in, I whoosh down the stairs.

"El, over here!" He groans.

"Hey, it's okay, I got you." I tell him, lifting him up.

I whoosh him back up the stairs, amd safely out of the building.

He looks at me with admiration, and lightly smiles.

"Thank you El." He thanks me, and I nod, looking over to my brother to make sure he's okay, to which he is.

As for the lady whom attacked him, not so much.

I hug him and sigh in relief, glad that he's okay.

He pulls away.

"Wait, where's Anna?"

"She's dead, Ellie." I break the news to him.

"No, no no no." He mumbles, before collapsing back into my arms in sorrow.

Anna's death was not fair, and I know in the show Pearl died first, but this is not the show, so.

Anyways, love y'all🖤🖤🖤